Fordmods Logo

What ever happened to "stealth"? 

Page 2 of 2 [ 22 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 5:19 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Lancer Coupe

VIC, Australia

where did you get it done for $200. I heard of some guys gettting charged $600. So what do you reckon is a good dark tint.

back to topic.

Yeah probably, i reckon if someone wanted to steal the radio and saw that it was a black box and not just a detachable face they would probably think its got something to do with something else other than the radio.

Posted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 1:25 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: Falcon

NSW, Australia

The DMac wrote:
yeah the highest alpine cd player retrats in to itself. It looks awesome too.

When i get a job i am gonna save up for darkest legal tint so they just cant see in. But for now i just take the face off and put it in the centre console, anyone got any ideas where it can be hiden. and it cant be too hiden because otherwise when your hidding it it will look sus to people watching.

Cheers

Got car seat covers? Under the passanger side one. Easy to get to, but not an obvious place for a theif to look. Or do as I do, Mine is sitting right next to me on my desk. LOL, try stealing that!!

Posted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 3:01 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Lancer Coupe

VIC, Australia

lol

Posted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 1:54 pm 

Ride: Drives Like Fun

Power: 318 rwkw

Location: Melbourne Interior: Cappucino Exterior: Sparkling Burgundy
VIC, Australia

The Kenwood 'MASK' system has been around for the past 4 or 5 years AFAIK...it had never been *that* popular...but I liked the concept at the time - I think it was a good idea :)

Yeah the problem with an aftermarket deck that sticks out even with the face removed, it is still going to attract attention - ie aftermarket headunit = 'he probably has aftermarket speakers, a cd changer, an amp and possibly subs' etc.

I've got the CDA-7998...it is a terrific head unit...I vowed I would never sell my old CDA-7949E / MDA-5051 combo as they were a great double din...but alas, the 7998 has got all the bells and whistles that I need / want. The 'fantom face' factor is brilliant...no more detaching faces etc - sure it's only a deterrent but considering faces on headunits are not inidividually security coded or anything, any other face of the same model (some even different model faces too!) is a good substitute in the eyes of a would-be thief.

Yeah I recall seeing a few sunvisor installs...having the face mounted all the way up in the visor would s**t me though - running ribbon cable all that way is a fair achievement IMO - but yeah it is something different so as far as car shows go, I guess it's 'points scorer'.

Vic Cruises & Events

Posted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 12:36 am 
Tyre Shredder

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: BF Ute

VIC, Australia

yeah well sometimes its not worth the face unless you already have one, my mate had his faceplate stolen, caught in the act and ran without getting the head deck, anyway he tried to get a replacement and it cost more than he paid for the original unit. so yeah the removing of faceplates thing is semi good, but not if you hide it in ure car.

Explorers gone, bring on the ute.

Posted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 11:17 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: Modified EA-S Falcon

Power: 142 rwkw

NSW, Australia

for window tiniting i recommend Jim Hunters Suspension, they are at blacktown (NSW). part of there shop is a Pro Tint, the guys there are really good, can do any level down to 5% as well as the metallic Gold/Silver/Green etc. you got to be careful with tint as to dark and you cannot reverse without putting your head out the window. i recommend 15%, this obviously is not legal (NSW anyway) and i think QLD is the only state you can get the windscreen done (not 100% on this though)

Posted: Wed May 04, 2005 9:27 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: VL RB30E

VIC, Australia

is that what u are talking about? theya re botht he same head unit, the first pic when its off is just completly black?

Spooling soon...

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2