Wiring Sub threw stick head unit 

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Post subject: Wiring Sub threw stick head unit
Posted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:59 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: BA XT Falcon

QLD, Australia

Hey Guys

I have a 04 model BA Falcon. I am going to put a sub in some time soon. I dont want to change my head unit as mainly the air con runs off the stock head unit.. Is there any way we can wire up the sub to the head unit with out getting a new head unit.

Cheers

Adz_10

Post subject: Re: Wiring Sub threw stick head unit
Posted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:42 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: EF Fairmont

WA, Australia

you can get processors from alpine and other well known brands that run off a factory deck but give you rca preouts and remote turn on leads and all that you just need an amplifier to run it or if your deck has rca pre outs your all set for an amp

Posted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:11 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: BA falcon

SA, Australia

splice through your rear speakers thats what i did. you will need a line converter. Alot cheaper than that alpine setup.

Real Men Smoke Rubber

Posted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:27 pm 
Smokin em up

WA, Australia

depends what your looking for if you want a good job get sum sort of a processor or something like that splicing speaker wire is only ok when your soldiering also with connecters, it can cause loss of clarity and stuff

Posted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:45 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: g6e 2009

WA, Australia

as said before it depends on the sound your looking for. if you want cheap crappy sound go a line level converter. for average sound go a line level processor like an lx-7 or an alpine job, but expect to spend some coin. best job is to put a new head unit in the tissue box space and fukk the useless excuse for a ford cd player off. while your at it update to some better speakers, and toss in an amp for the subs. so basically unless you want a stock car, or want to keep the icc functional for later resale and spend dollars on a processor, id say the closer you get to throwing the icc off a cliff the better, it really is that craptastic

Posted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:45 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: BA XT Falcon

QLD, Australia

As I listen to various types of music ( mainly) metal punk, i am looking for a clear sound. any suggesions would help me out greatly.

Cheers

Adz_10

Posted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:08 pm 
Smokin em up

WA, Australia

speak to a professional

Posted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:15 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: AUII XR6 Uterus

NSW, Australia

phatba wrote:
as said before it depends on the sound your looking for. if you want cheap crappy sound go a line level converter. for average sound go a line level processor like an lx-7 or an alpine job, but expect to spend some coin. best job is to put a new head unit in the tissue box space and fukk the useless excuse for a ford cd player off. while your at it update to some better speakers, and toss in an amp for the subs. so basically unless you want a stock car, or want to keep the icc functional for later resale and spend dollars on a processor, id say the closer you get to throwing the icc off a cliff the better, it really is that craptastic

for the purpose of the arguement, i'll use a theroretical igloo, a dome made of ice. now throwing in a $2000 stero in said igloo would sound fairly reasonable, a $5000 however, would sound, believe it or not exactly the same, mayhaps just louder, and not in a good way.
this theory applies to the later model cars especially. as far as acoustics go, they're fair shyte. so unless your considering removing carpet, sound deadenening & repositioning speakers then i would only spend a minimal amount in the right areas. you could spend $5k on a stereo that still sounds like shyte without it being configured to the enviroment, or the enviroment configured to it. the only reason to go out and spend thousands of dollars when you only require an adequate rather than overdone stereo is because your a tosspot and watch too much fast n furious with blingin screens and pumpin sub-wooofas.

I would go the line convertor route and swap speakers before i spent too much money on expensive chrome add'ons. i bet you would be pleasantly surprised without spending heaps on wanka extras.

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 8 posts ]