Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Post subject: xh sound system
Posted: Sun May 08, 2011 9:34 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: EF XR8

QLD, Australia

hey all,
I bought myself an XH as a daily/runabout/work b**ch while my XR is getting a birthday. I'm rather saddened to say that the stereo sucks balls...!!! It has a JVC head unit, 4x50watts, aux in etc, but it only has 2 speakers. I was looking at maybe some 6" or maybe 6x9's in the doors, cause the current system isn't cutting it. I'd like to try and keep the room behind the console for "storage" haha. Just after some suggestions on what to put in, just needs to sound half decent so I'm not focussing on the lack of V8 sound on the ride to work.

Hope to hear some suggestions soon,

Thanks guys

Will

SMASH THAT HOLDEN!!!

Post subject: Re: xh sound system
Posted: Sun May 08, 2011 10:22 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: 96 XH/97 EL

NSW, Australia

ford-x-series-f29/xh-6-6-5-door-speaker-upgrade-t51222.html

96 XH Longreach 'S': LPG, Alarm, 3.23:1 LSD, Cruise, Trip Comp, ABS, Power Windows, Mid Series Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl
97 EL Futura S/W: LPG, Alarm, LED int Lts, Trip Comp, F/Lane Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl, T5 Conversion

Posted: Tue May 10, 2011 12:30 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: Longreach

QLD, Australia

Here's some pics of my system.
Alpine IDA-X305 headunit (only runs Ipod and radio, NO CD)

Cheap Kenwood Shallow 10" sub and a Kenwood 1000w monoblock amplifier

Focal 165KRXS splits installed in the doors with the tweeters in the factory dash speaker positions. AWESOME speakers!!!! The speakers are powered by a ARC Audio K125.4 mini amp which is stashed under the drivers seat. This is a tiny amp (little bigger than a coke can) but it rocks.

Posted: Mon May 16, 2011 9:49 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: EF XR8

QLD, Australia

haha, that's full on Ben. How'd you go with the speakers in the door hitting the window winder?
I have fully thought about power windows like snap has, but if I start doing heaps of stuff to the ute the mrs will crack em with me, haha.

I have had a bit of a look around a few shops and online, how do 5" speakers go? Or should I go for 6" straight away?

As for the sub side of things, I've been having a serious think about one of these

Pioneer TSWX11A
http://www.pioneer.com.au/au/products/T ... print.html

any thoughts on those? I was thinking that on the wall of the cab behind the console maybe. Would keep a bit of room handy.

Any more feedback would be cool guys, I'm flying blind with the sound system side of things.

Will.

SMASH THAT HOLDEN!!!

Posted: Mon May 16, 2011 10:55 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: Longreach

QLD, Australia

It is an awesome system. It was a little bit of work getting the speakers in but not anywhere near as hard as I expected. I just used some heat to soften the plastic then I very carefully bent it out a little bit. It's got maybe a 15 degree bend in it now. Other than that, it was easy.

As for the 5" speakers, I always go for the 6" myself. Mostly for the wank factor, I like to say "mine's bigger"
The 5" sets would probably work just fine though.

I know there's a space behind the drivers seat next to the fuel tank where you can fit a larger sub, possibly even a full size 12". I wanted something more visible though and a ute doesn't really need a lot to get very loud. I can't put my system much above half volume or my ears would probably explode.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]