Page 2 of 3 [ 36 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Posted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 10:26 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: Trik'd up EFII XR6

WA, Australia

Disco Frank wrote:
evilef wrote:
i didnt mean thin as in wide. they are 245's. i ment thin as in 245 25's or something like.
18's are s**t. i wouldnt even waste my money on them.
if 18's are so good why does fpv put 19s on there cars? wouldnt that just be stupid?
so 19's must be good in a way. you wouldnt get any tyre flex, from a 25 series tyre, which would mean better handling and grip on the road.
and i dont want to get them just to beat my cousin. his 19's look small. 20's would fill out the guards a bit more.so b4 you come on here and start saying crap. i was only having my opinion. so you dont have to be a big guy and say stuff about my cousin.

dude if 18 ares shti why put 17"s on to drive around on?

by haveing a VERY LOW profile tyre does decrease tyre flex during hard cornering but by going to low a profile your ride will suffer and also the handling will as well as the trye cannot absorb the small road imperfections and your handling will become skittish!
btw V8 supercars run 17"s and f1's have 14" iirc

dude u mentioned your cousin first

yeh running 2 sets of rims is a bit stupid not to mention the speedo incorrection running 20's...but still none the less I think by choosing 20 inch wheels and wanting next to no tyre profile width then he doesnt really give s**t about ride comfort and handling..more for show id be thinkin.

For Sale: 25 Farad Rockford Fosgate Competition Series Carbon Cap, more to come - pm me if interested

Posted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 4:25 pm 
Stock as a Rock

ACT, Australia

evilef wrote:
Quote:
as already said, a bit of guard work is involved in fitting them on, apart from that I think the price is a little high, my mate has a workshop here in the A.C.T. that sells those a lot cheaper from memory - delivers Australia wide too.

do you know what the name of the place is or if they have a web site? thanks ratman
[/quote]

the website is not up and running yet - nearly there as my brother is still working on it but the workshop number is 02 6162 1904 (INJEKTD), his name is Vince - for all those that may know of him, he owns the blue blown elxr8 known as yloooz and featured in many magazines. he has changed wheels on that many times and can tell you exactly whats involved, it currently sits on the same as my xr8 - 19 inch simmons, he did have chrome 20s on it but it looked wrong, wheels tucked way under the guards but still too high off the ground - kinda like a scared cat.
anyway quiz him and you should get an answer straight up, for my 2c worth, 19s are the biggest that still look 'balanced' on the car, 17s are too small, 18 ok but getting ordinary, 20s on the back can look tuff but all round makes it look over wheeled.

There's no replacement for XR8 displacement

Drivin' E'z is the only addiction

Posted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 4:25 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 22 images

Ride: falocn

VIC, Australia

yeah but why do people have "stockies". the 17's will be my stockies cause they are a hell of alot cheaper on tyres then 20's. and yeah of course the 20's will be all show. why do people buy rims in the first place. why not keep there 15inch stockies then if bigger rims do nothing for the car except for looks etc... bigger wheels equal better traction. thats the way i think about it. we cant run slicks on the road like a v8 supercar or a fi car. so thats just irralevant.

Posted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 4:47 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: FPV BF MKII F6

QLD, Australia

evilef wrote:
i didnt mean thin as in wide. they are 245's. i ment thin as in 245 25's or something like.
18's are s**t. i wouldnt even waste my money on them.
if 18's are so good why does fpv put 19s on there cars? wouldnt that just be stupid?
so 19's must be good in a way. you wouldnt get any tyre flex, from a 25 series tyre, which would mean better handling and grip on the road.
and i dont want to get them just to beat my cousin. his 19's look small. 20's would fill out the guards a bit more.so b4 you come on here and start saying crap. i was only having my opinion. so you dont have to be a big guy and say stuff about my cousin.

hey if u think 18's are s**t then have a look at mine and think again rather than some bling chrome s**t wheels that make falcons look like a f**k lancer. people are giving their opinions which u asked for. btw those wheels are the ones that i was going to get but since they need adaptors i wasnt going to touch them

OBS35N is gooonnnneeee.
Gone for good..... Damn fence posts!!!!!

OBS35N #2 (XXF6XX) just bought, bring it on

Posted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 5:18 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

OBS35N wrote

Quote:
hey if u think 18's are s**t then have a look at mine and think again rather than some bling chrome s**t wheels that make falcons look like a f**k lancer. people are giving their opinions which u asked for. btw those wheels are the ones that i was going to get but since they need adaptors i wasnt going to touch them

look you are having your oppinion to. and i bet not everyone agree with yours. i didnt ask if people liked the wheels that i wanted. i wanted to know if the price is fair or not. and if they fitted the car ok. not what they looked like or anything once they where in the car.
and where is a pic of your wheels?
and also the ones im thinkin of gettin arent the all chrome ones. they are the silver with the the chrome outter, cause all chrome is so old now

Posted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 5:41 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: EF Fairmont

QLD, Australia

19's the only way to go:D 18's to small for the size of our fords, 20's f**k buying tyres for them(unless for show as stated) Go 19's mate, i got 19;s had no problme s with them

Piss On Holden!!!!
EF Fairmont argon silver, ultralows,koni adjustables,pioneer stereo, 19 inch vault kaotiks,

Posted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 5:48 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: FPV BF MKII F6

QLD, Australia

ok

Attachments:
car2b.jpg
car2b.jpg [ 27.85 KiB | Viewed 108 times ]

OBS35N is gooonnnneeee.
Gone for good..... Damn fence posts!!!!!

OBS35N #2 (XXF6XX) just bought, bring it on

Posted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 5:52 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 34 images

Ride: BF MK11 XR 6 TURBO ZF 6spd

Power: 225 rwkw

NSW, Australia

dumpdef wrote:
19's the only way to go:D 18's to small for the size of our fords, 20's f**k buying tyres for them(unless for show as stated) Go 19's mate, i got 19;s had no problme s with them
agreed.. im like my new 19 inch combo.. is a balance of bigness vs cost of tyres... :wink: i got pics of my 19s in my gallery..

Posted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 6:00 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA 3v ute

VIC, Australia

i've got 245/35s on my 19s and ye they are better then the old wheels but you feel every lil bump in the road :x so have fun with 25s if you get them :P i think 19s are the way to go, especially for $1000 less :)

www.bseries.com.au/punktured

Posted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 7:34 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

i lik eyour rims dumpedef, did you need adaptors for them? i would really like a set where i didnt need them. maybe 19's are the way to go. just for the tyre price alone

Posted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 12:02 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 34 images

Ride: BF MK11 XR 6 TURBO ZF 6spd

Power: 225 rwkw

NSW, Australia

are my 19s...

Attachments:
new 19s 5.JPG
new 19s 5.JPG [ 63.82 KiB | Viewed 91 times ]

Posted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 3:05 am 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

fordfreak ef wrote:
are my 19s...

Gotta love the sabres hey dude :) just wished when i bought mine i got the black centre XHP cap

For Sale: 25 Farad Rockford Fosgate Competition Series Carbon Cap, more to come - pm me if interested

Posted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 5:36 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: EF Fairmont

QLD, Australia

evilef wrote:
i lik eyour rims dumpedef, did you need adaptors for them? i would really like a set where i didnt need them. maybe 19's are the way to go. just for the tyre price alone

unfortunatley i did need adaptors for these wheels which has been the only setback but i liked them so much i just bit the bullet and got them.

Piss On Holden!!!!
EF Fairmont argon silver, ultralows,koni adjustables,pioneer stereo, 19 inch vault kaotiks,

Posted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 5:37 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

and you have had no problems? im really iffy about adaptors. thats probably 1 reason why i havnt just gone and got rims yet

Posted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 10:04 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

evilef wrote:
and you have had no problems? im really iffy about adaptors. thats probably 1 reason why i havnt just gone and got rims yet

sorry to butt in but like fordfreak ef I run 19" XHP Sabres and these arent a pre-au fitament so bolt on hub adaptors were required.

Ive had these wheels on now for at least 8 months and only ever had one issue with the hub adaptors which was my fault....took the wheels off for cleaning and one of the hubs i just hadnt tightened one hub nut enough and it made a knocking noise...but caused no hassle and was fixed in 5 mins.

So long as you go hub adaptors NEVER spacers under any circum stance you wont have any issues if their fitted properly and fully tightened dont do a me :P lol.

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 3  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next