Fordmods Logo

20 inch rims 

 

Page 1 of 3 [ 36 posts ] Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

 
 Post subject: 20 inch rims
Posted: Wed May 31, 2006 9:37 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 33

Posts: 438

Joined: 28th Sep 2005

Gallery: 22 images

Ride: falocn

Location: kilmore
VIC, Australia

hi i want to get 20 inch lenso blasts for my car. just wondering if 3350 is a fair price? has anyone got 20s on an ef? they are 20 * 8.5. will they fit ok?

 

 

Attachments:
wheels.doc [41 KiB]
Downloaded 157 times
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed May 31, 2006 10:01 pm 
Fordmods Junkie
Offline
User avatar

Age: 38

Posts: 1000491

Joined: 6th Nov 2004

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: AUXR6 HP With Ducati SupA Bike!

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

dont put 20's on the e series
ipretty sure u will get fouling issues not to mention unless the car is show worthy will look s**t

a nice set of 18's will fint and look heaps better also handle and ride much nicer!

 

_________________

RIP SCOTT

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed May 31, 2006 10:27 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 31

Posts: 4323

Joined: 17th Jan 2006

Ride: Soarer 2.5GT-T

Location: Cranbourne
VIC, Australia

17s or 18s are better suited. 19s/20s look s**t.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 9:23 am 
Stock as a Rock
Offline

Age: 32

Posts: 152

Joined: 12th Apr 2005

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: Falcon

Location: Brisbane
QLD, Australia

i personally think 19's are the way to go.

They fill out the guards perfectly 20 too big and plus i think you will have isses with them.

 

_________________

BAG 17

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 10:41 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 34

Posts: 10826

Joined: 17th Apr 2005

Gallery: 34 images

Ride: BF MK11 XR 6 TURBO ZF 6spd

Power: 225 rwkw

Location: glenwood/sydney
NSW, Australia

soulfire wrote:
17s or 18s are better suited. 19s/20s look s**t.
so youre baggin me out huh soulfire?? :lol: yes,i agree 20 is a bit over the top.. nothing more than 19s... even 19s take a bit og lip rolling to stop scrubbing issues if u have lowered suspension.. i have photoes in my gallery of my 19s.. and my old 18s too... :wink:

 

_________________

Todd: Nurse, suction.
Nurse: The patient's not even here yet.
Todd: I know.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GQpRYRcAiA

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 10:53 am 
Technical Contributor
Offline

Age: 31

Posts: 6047

Joined: 12th Nov 2004

Ride: Ford Ef Futura

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

I reckon 18s are the right size wheels for the EF/EL.

I loved the look of the 18" Koyas I had, filled it out so nicely.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 2:48 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 31

Posts: 4946

Joined: 15th Nov 2004

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: Trik'd up EFII XR6

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

fordfreak ef wrote:
soulfire wrote:
17s or 18s are better suited. 19s/20s look s**t.
so youre baggin me out huh soulfire?? :lol: yes,i agree 20 is a bit over the top.. nothing more than 19s... even 19s take a bit og lip rolling to stop scrubbing issues if u have lowered suspension.. i have photoes in my gallery of my 19s.. and my old 18s too... :wink:


imo i reckon the 19"s look hot I love mine and after a lil guard rolling a falcon with a lowered ride height performs awesome without the nasty scrubbing and rubbing out.

Just depends on the look your after if you want 20"s go for em...but that is starting to get quite big....ive seen a couple that look nice but unless u spend a nice figure on the suspension setup and guard rolling/flaring/pumping as well the ride comfort and handling is s**t house.

 

_________________

For Sale: 25 Farad Rockford Fosgate Competition Series Carbon Cap, more to come - pm me if interested

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 3:36 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 31

Posts: 874

Joined: 24th Sep 2005

Ride: EL Monty

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

18s will have a much better ride than 19s or 20s
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 4:03 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 31

Posts: 4946

Joined: 15th Nov 2004

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: Trik'd up EFII XR6

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

Alaskan EL wrote:
18s will have a much better ride than 19s or 20s


True...depends on what suspension setup he has tho....when I put my 19's on id already spent 2600 on my suspension and it rides and handles better than my mates mont with the stock suspension setup and 16" rims...also rides more comfortably than my XR8 with stock suspension and 17" rims.

 

_________________

For Sale: 25 Farad Rockford Fosgate Competition Series Carbon Cap, more to come - pm me if interested

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 7:34 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 33

Posts: 438

Joined: 28th Sep 2005

Gallery: 22 images

Ride: falocn

Location: kilmore
VIC, Australia

18's are to small for me. so either 19's or 20's ill get. and my suspension is pretty good. its got koni adjustable shocks. kings springs. i just want something different. my cousin has 19's. i think 20's wouls be ok with skinny as tires so it looks like just rims. im not going to drive around on them all the time. thats what the 17's are for.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 9:58 pm 
Stock as a Rock
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 174

Joined: 27th Jan 2005

Location: canberra
ACT, Australia

as already said, a bit of guard work is involved in fitting them on, apart from that I think the price is a little high, my mate has a workshop here in the A.C.T. that sells those a lot cheaper from memory - delivers Australia wide too.

 

_________________

There's no replacement for XR8 displacement

Drivin' E'z is the only addiction

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 10:11 pm 
Fordmods Junkie
Offline
User avatar

Age: 38

Posts: 1000491

Joined: 6th Nov 2004

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: AUXR6 HP With Ducati SupA Bike!

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

evilef wrote:
18's are to small for me. so either 19's or 20's ill get. and my suspension is pretty good. its got koni adjustable shocks. kings springs. i just want something different. my cousin has 19's. i think 20's wouls be ok with skinny as tires so it looks like just rims. im not going to drive around on them all the time. thats what the 17's are for.


so u are going to put 20" rims with skinny tyres? i dont think so

a 20" rim will need a min of a 245 tyre i would say

and then to drive around u are going to change from the 20" to 17"? all the time

why not sell your 17's and go for a good set of 18"s just cuz ya fully sikc re coz has 19" dont mean u need to go bigger hell if thats the case get soem 22"

 

_________________

RIP SCOTT

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 10:41 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 33

Posts: 438

Joined: 28th Sep 2005

Gallery: 22 images

Ride: falocn

Location: kilmore
VIC, Australia

i didnt mean thin as in wide. they are 245's. i ment thin as in 245 25's or something like.
18's are s**t. i wouldnt even waste my money on them.
if 18's are so good why does fpv put 19s on there cars? wouldnt that just be stupid?
so 19's must be good in a way. you wouldnt get any tyre flex, from a 25 series tyre, which would mean better handling and grip on the road.
and i dont want to get them just to beat my cousin. his 19's look small. 20's would fill out the guards a bit more.so b4 you come on here and start saying crap. i was only having my opinion. so you dont have to be a big guy and say stuff about my cousin.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 10:46 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 33

Posts: 438

Joined: 28th Sep 2005

Gallery: 22 images

Ride: falocn

Location: kilmore
VIC, Australia

Quote:
as already said, a bit of guard work is involved in fitting them on, apart from that I think the price is a little high, my mate has a workshop here in the A.C.T. that sells those a lot cheaper from memory - delivers Australia wide too.


do you know what the name of the place is or if they have a web site? thanks ratman[/quote]
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 11:46 pm 
Fordmods Junkie
Offline
User avatar

Age: 38

Posts: 1000491

Joined: 6th Nov 2004

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: AUXR6 HP With Ducati SupA Bike!

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

evilef wrote:
i didnt mean thin as in wide. they are 245's. i ment thin as in 245 25's or something like.
18's are s**t. i wouldnt even waste my money on them.
if 18's are so good why does fpv put 19s on there cars? wouldnt that just be stupid?
so 19's must be good in a way. you wouldnt get any tyre flex, from a 25 series tyre, which would mean better handling and grip on the road.
and i dont want to get them just to beat my cousin. his 19's look small. 20's would fill out the guards a bit more.so b4 you come on here and start saying crap. i was only having my opinion. so you dont have to be a big guy and say stuff about my cousin.


dude if 18 ares shti why put 17"s on to drive around on?

by haveing a VERY LOW profile tyre does decrease tyre flex during hard cornering but by going to low a profile your ride will suffer and also the handling will as well as the trye cannot absorb the small road imperfections and your handling will become skittish!
btw V8 supercars run 17"s and f1's have 14" iirc

dude u mentioned your cousin first

 

_________________

RIP SCOTT

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 1 of 3  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:02 pm All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names