20 inch's on ef 

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Post subject: 20 inch's on ef
Posted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 5:44 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 22 images

Ride: falocn

VIC, Australia

hey just wondering if anyone has put 20 inch rims on there ef or el. im lookin at a set of lenso's. i think they measure 20 * 8 or 9, im not 100 %. just wanted to know if anyone has done it or seen in. and what problems there would be if any? other then havin to get the guards rolled or tyres rubbing. etc...

Posted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 5:56 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: EF Fairmont Ghia

VIC, Australia

if your going to put 20inch wheels on it, have u already lowered your car to have it on, cause if u have then it would be a waste of time even thinking about 20 inch if u havent then would consider it but most likely u would have role or flare the guards.

i put on a set of 17 x 8 ROH wheels and i had all the trouble in the world when it was lowered, had no trouble when it wasnt lowered but then again i got the wheels before lowering which was a stupid thing to do well thats wat i have heard anyway

Posted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 7:39 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 22 images

Ride: falocn

VIC, Australia

its been lowered but not much. i got 17's on it now. ive had the front guards rolled and ive had no problems with it at all.

Posted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 8:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 30 images

Ride: Blown XR8

VIC, Australia

You should be able to fit them on. If you have already rolled/lipped your guards, then the only other problem will be the offset of the rims. They may rub on the ball joint of the suspension or the guard if your car is very low.
Get the wheels, then lower it, but make sure the guys doing it, lookout to see if they rub at all when they are doing the job.

Posted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 11:15 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 34 images

Ride: BF MK11 XR 6 TURBO ZF 6spd

Power: 225 rwkw

NSW, Australia

ive got 235/40/18s on my ef.... on lovels super lows up front and kig springs "ultra lows" at the rear... sits nice n low... i have no probs with scrubbing.... i just take it easy when turning into driveways at an angle..

Posted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 11:22 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: Fairlane

NSW, Australia

got the car lowered first, to superlows mind you. then put the 20 x 8.5s on it. had to roll the front guards. After all this the car was still hitting the guard pretty bad when i turned about 2 turns of the steering wheel. could still go over speed bumps and driveways without scraping at all due to the size of the rim. but i got lows up front so that it can do full lock circles. Tyres are 225/35/ZR20s probably should be phatter on the back but ah well....

TEAM FAT RACING

TEAM LWB

Copyright (c) 2006 Landbarge Racing. FAIRLANE and COBRA are registered trademarks owned and licenced by Ford Motor Company.

Posted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 9:22 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EB SXR6 | ED XR8 Sprint

NSW, Australia

yeah i think superlows are too with 20s, i know a guy who has an ef and he has 20's and he did the same thing, lows up front and supers at the rear, sits really nice though looks really phat!

EB SXR6. ED XR8 Sprint.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ]