Fordmods Logo

a little something to think about 

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Post subject: a little something to think about
Posted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:31 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: el wagon

VIC, Australia

G'day thrillseekers, just a bit of a thought that some people may need to consider:

I often come across people that have modified their headlights, usually by putting in the high energy discharge (HID) systems. Now this is all really good, and I commend ppl for doing thus, but, it might be worth considering a couple of things:

Firstly, PLEASE, get your headlights re-aligned! The old (standard) lenses really aren't designed for the HID system, and need to be adjusted. Otherwise you run the risk of severely blinding oncomming traffic.

Second, get a mate to drive in front of you, at a safe distance, and say HONESTLY, just how bright the lights are in their rear vision mirror. You may get quite a surprise!!

I mention this because I do see frequently, cars that would normally have "standard" headlights coming through with ultra bright lights, and it does have an effect on other road users.

Cheers all :)

Post subject: Re: a little something to think about
Posted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 17 images

Ride: 5.0lt NF /351 ZD Fairlane

NSW, Australia

Just like those d**k who have those driving / fog lamps on in B series! and all those others! :evil:

NF Fairlane with 5.0 and 5 speed goodness!
XE Fairmont Ghia

Posted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:09 am 
NSW Cruise Moderator

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: TE50

NSW, Australia

I find driving lamps/fog lamps worse than the HID's wankers who use them when they are not ment to be on need factory ford jacks thrown at them.

I have a car.

Posted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:07 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF XR6,

NSW, Australia

creeture3 wrote:
G'day thrillseekers, just a bit of a thought that some people may need to consider:

I often come across people that have modified their headlights, usually by putting in the high energy discharge (HID) systems. Now this is all really good, and I commend ppl for doing thus, but, it might be worth considering a couple of things:

Firstly, PLEASE, get your headlights re-aligned! The old (standard) lenses really aren't designed for the HID system, and need to be adjusted. Otherwise you run the risk of severely blinding oncomming traffic.

Second, get a mate to drive in front of you, at a safe distance, and say HONESTLY, just how bright the lights are in their rear vision mirror. You may get quite a surprise!!

I mention this because I do see frequently, cars that would normally have "standard" headlights coming through with ultra bright lights, and it does have an effect on other road users.

Cheers all :)

good to see im not the only one that gets p****d off with it,

BF XR6
xr8 snorkel,typhoon lower snorkel,territory intake pipe,20% underdrive kit,pacemaker extractors,high flow cat,xforce exhaust,t56 conversion hd turbo clutch/ flywheel,m86 3.45 lsd,custom tune187.1rwkw as an auto

Posted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:50 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

This is why I did a projector retrofit. No glare for anyone, and increased light performance for me.

EL Fairmont Ghia - Manual - Supercharged
- The Car
- The Headlights

Posted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:26 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

That's great, MAD, as I said, I have no problem with the fitting of the HID's, but as you have done, do it properly. Too many just don't think, and when one tries to tell them that their lights are downright dangerous, they get all stroppy.

Posted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:59 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: AUII XR6 Uterus

NSW, Australia

+1 for this thread. I have no more to add other than rants about the same problems as mentioned.

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution.

Posted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:13 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: 2002 AU Fairlane Sportsman

NSW, Australia

I support your comments and I raise you one. My other pet hate is the rice burning wankers with the Exels that drive around with the rear inclement weather red light on. They are the bright red lights on the bottom drivers side of the rear bumper. There is nothing worse than that when coming up to a car from behind. The HWP around my area are knocking off the guys with the fog lights and day lights fitted under the headlamps at night time. That's one reason why I fitted covers to my wifes Subaru. No accidently leaving them on or knocking the switch. Apart from the cost of $140 each every time a rock breaks the lense.

Posted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:29 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: ea II s-pak

SA, Australia

big thumbs up dude, im always getting blinded by these fools all the time, i think big new 4wd's are the worst for it as they are that bit higher right in eyes view...... Big up to this thread...

kilakiza eauxr6

Posted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:42 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

It may interest you auo55 that the rear high intensity lights are actually illegal, and cannot (should not) be used unless in fog. But I have yet to see the rule implemented. Sorta like the "Keep Left" rule on multi lane roads. It's just too hard!!

Posted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:42 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

au055 wrote:
I support your comments and I raise you one. My other pet hate is the rice burning wankers with the Exels that drive around with the rear inclement weather red light on. They are the bright red lights on the bottom drivers side of the rear bumper.

I absolutely hate the rear fog light!!

EL Fairmont Ghia - Manual - Supercharged
- The Car
- The Headlights

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 11 posts ]