Page 1 of 2 [ 16 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: ADR Compliance
Posted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 5:20 pm 
Parts Gopher

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: XF Ute

NSW, Australia

Hi
The tail lights that I wish to install on my car are not approved by ADR. If I put them on would my car just not pass rego, or would there be other consequences?

RIP My old XF - 1991-2007. Victim of 2007 floods.

Posted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:13 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: ED Fairmont Ghia & EF XR8

VIC, Australia

if their not adr approved your car wont pass a rwc. also invites cops to give a canery

Posted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:25 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 34 images

Ride: BF MK11 XR 6 TURBO ZF 6spd

Power: 225 rwkw

NSW, Australia

nannas_ed wrote:
if their not adr approved your car wont pass a rwc. also invites cops to give a canery
must mean i "Invite them then".. :lol: no cops have accepted the invitation though... :lol: :wink:

Posted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 7:50 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: 98 Patrol

QLD, Australia

fordfreak ef wrote:
nannas_ed wrote:
must mean i "Invite them then".. :lol: no cops have accepted the invitation though... :lol: :wink:

same here... the first day i had them i was followed by a cop and he turned off 1 street later. The thing is they are not ADR approved but they have everything that is required by law to be legal... they have reflectors and coloured lights so dont think cops will be too hard on u. But dont know about insurance company's though... they will do ne thing 2 save money...

Posted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:13 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: EF GLi (V8)

VIC, Australia

daggy082 wrote:
fordfreak ef wrote:
nannas_ed wrote:

same here... the first day i had them i was followed by a cop and he turned off 1 street later. The thing is they are not ADR approved but they have everything that is required by law to be legal... they have reflectors and coloured lights so dont think cops will be too hard on u. But dont know about insurance company's though... they will do ne thing 2 save money...

are the reflectors red, the ones I've seen are clear, I think that's where they would get you on a technicality.

former FORD V8 owner :(
MAY THE FORDS BE WITH YOU

Posted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:22 pm 
Tyre Shredder

NSW, Australia

Throw up a pic mate. You should be right, i doubt a mechanic who is doing ur pink slip is going to care... Don't worry about these guys talking RWC's, they're either mexicans or bannana benders....

Bottom line, as long as it has reflectors, ur ok... Keep ur original tailights just in case though, u never know....

Posted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:28 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: Da Maverick & xe ute

VIC, Australia

just pull the lenses apart n paint the reflector red, then its adr compliant

Mods: sprint kit, steeda short shift, svo lip, El handles, El Air intake, au xr wheels, lukey cat back, jbl focal and pioneer sterio <--- Sold

Xe ute - Bright green with 302

Da maverick - Straight gas turbo

Posted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:39 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: ED Fairmont Ghia & EF XR8

VIC, Australia

5tumpy wrote:
Throw up a pic mate. You should be right, i doubt a mechanic who is doing ur pink slip is going to care... Don't worry about these guys talking RWC's, they're either mexicans or bannana benders....

Bottom line, as long as it has reflectors, ur ok... Keep ur original tailights just in case though, u never know....

Not really, if they arnt "E" Stamped then they aint roadworthy theres no 'grey area' im no roadworthy nut he simply asked a question and i answered it.

Posted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:22 pm 
Parts Gopher

NSW, Australia

Thats them.

Posted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:07 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: Blue and White Mercedes

NSW, Australia

daggy082 wrote:
fordfreak ef wrote:
nannas_ed wrote:

I hope that you are not talking about the Clear EF ones. They cannot be ADR approves, and the brake lights are not visable from 200m away in daylight. I have been told that legal brakes can be seen from 200m away.

Doesnt stop me from having them on my car tho 8-)

Remember kids, the more pages of crap in your build thread, the bigger your e-penis is

Posted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 11:44 am 
Parts Gopher

NSW, Australia

ive got clearies on, ive had them on for bout 4 months now, ive never been pulled over by cops, ive gone through random alcahol tests, and the copper never asked bout them, they passed rego, the mechanic even said the car looks nice with cleareies on, all these tailights have gotten me is compliments, even from ppl i dont know. im talkin bout the ef clear tail lights btw

Posted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:49 pm 
Parts Gopher

NSW, Australia

Well I am going to get them...I was just wondering if I would have to take them off for rego ect... Thanks guys.

Posted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 1:35 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: FPV BF MKII F6

QLD, Australia

just get em and then take em off for rego if ur worried about it. its not a big job

OBS35N is gooonnnneeee.
Gone for good..... Damn fence posts!!!!!

OBS35N #2 (XXF6XX) just bought, bring it on

Posted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 2:02 pm 
Tyre Shredder

NSW, Australia

Looks to me like they have the red reflectors up the top, so go for it buddy. If you have a problem at rego time, the mechanic will tell you to go away and change them over, so keep ur stockies, if u have a problem, swap em over, and go back to the mechanic... It's a 10 minute job to do them on the sedans, you'll be right!

NSW if lenient as on tailights anyways...

Posted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 4:32 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 34 images

Ride: BF MK11 XR 6 TURBO ZF 6spd

Power: 225 rwkw

NSW, Australia

bloggs24 wrote:
ive got clearies on, ive had them on for bout 4 months now, ive never been pulled over by cops, ive gone through random alcahol tests, and the copper never asked bout them, they passed rego, the mechanic even said the car looks nice with cleareies on, all these tailights have gotten me is compliments, even from ppl i dont know. im talkin bout the ef clear tail lights btw
same here!.. i get pulled up by random peopleon the street and at the drag racing asking where can they get the clear tail lights.. they alsways say they've never seen them before... :wink:

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 2  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next