Fordmods Logo

Advice on what car/s would these wheels fit? 

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Post subject: Advice on what car/s would these wheels fit?
Posted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 5:33 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: 99 AU S1 Tickford VCT XR6

NSW, Australia

Hey everyone, i have a set of 17" rims lying about and i wanted to put them on my BA. The stud pattern (5x114.3) was fine, however the stud holes on the rims are way too big - approx. 16.25mm diameter, compared to the approx. 12.58mm diameter of the BA studs. *These figures are approximate based on my measuring calipers). Obviously, there would be heaps of "slop" and therefore resulting in danger and disaster if i were to put these rims onto my BA.

Considering the rims came off my dads AU without spacers or rings I assumed i'd have no problems. In retrospect i guess i'm just glad my dad changed his rims soon after he bought his AU, otherwise who knows what could have happened! Note that, my dad was unaware that the wheels didn't fit his car either and it was just a lucky coincidence that he changed them for bigger and better looking rims.

Anyways, despite my long winded story, based on the info i've given and considering the wheels have no use to me now, i wanna get rid of them but what car will these wheels be suitable for?

Pics below, not sure if they'll help...

Thanks in advance.

Attachments:
IMGA0013.JPG
IMGA0013.JPG [ 118.38 KiB | Viewed 631 times ]
IMGA0012.JPG
IMGA0012.JPG [ 127.15 KiB | Viewed 629 times ]
IMGA0011.JPG
IMGA0011.JPG [ 113.62 KiB | Viewed 623 times ]

http://www.aufalcon.com/thr347

Posted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:32 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 21 images

Ride: EL F100 CAPRI XR EF

Power: 234 rwkw

SA, Australia

if they came off an au they will fit back onto au onwards. you just need the correct mag nuts with the flange. do you have the original nuts that came with the rims? weird looking rims, is that the valve in the centre near the wheel nuts?

Posted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:38 pm 
Getting Side Ways

if you use tapered nuts then it should hold the wheel on fine?

Posted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:39 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: 99 AU S1 Tickford VCT XR6

NSW, Australia

Yeah i still have the original nuts and i checked the flange this morning, they seem to fit fine. I understand what you guys are saying, i know the wheels will fit fine with the correct flanged nut, however is this safe, is it normal? I thought it would make more sense if the holes fit fairly snug over the studs so more pressure is placed on the rim instead of the nuts. Does that make sense? Maybe i'm worrying too much! :?

And yes elf100capri, the valve is in the center of the wheel where the nuts are situated, as you can see in the second pic. The valve basically runs down one of the spokes. Pretty fancy stuff! Plus, with the center cover hiding the valve and nuts, it stops little annoying kids in my neigbourhood stealing my valve caps!! lol :D

As you can see in the pic below there are no visible valves.

Attachments:
IMGA0016.JPG
IMGA0016.JPG [ 127.46 KiB | Viewed 590 times ]

http://www.aufalcon.com/thr347

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]