Fordmods Logo

Angel eye headlights... good idea? 

 

Page 1 of 2 [ 16 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next

 
 Post subject: Angel eye headlights... good idea?
Posted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:09 pm 
Stock as a Rock
Offline

Age: 27

Posts: 150

Joined: 3rd Apr 2010

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: BA XR6 Turbo

Location: Caboolture south
QLD, Australia

i have been wanting to do some angel eye headlights on my BA for a while now i have some kind of fantasy with them, they just look so mad when u see a beamer drive past with em... was lookin around and this is a full video to show you how to do it, what do yas rekon?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKE3aqlwOvY

 

_________________

BA XR6T Manual 220rw kw - 20' chromies, pedders ultra lows, hurricane 2.5' twin exhaust by Fat Pipes, PBR premium slotted brakes, leather pack, and soon more under the bonnet!

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Angel eye headlights... good idea?
Posted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:31 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 54

Posts: 844

Joined: 12th Aug 2007

Gallery: 22 images

Ride: AU2 XR8 ute & 91 EA bitsa

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

They look terrific. Are you aware that these are sold on eBay? The cost of the materials & labour might be more than what you can buy them for.

 

_________________

AU2 XR8 with Raptor VL, ported Yella Terra GT40P heads, Scorpion 1.6 RRs, XE264HR-14 Comp Cam, ceramic coated Hurricane Headers, 60lb injectors, Walbro 255, 200cfi cats, 3" exhaust & Snow Performance water methanol injection

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Angel eye headlights... good idea?
Posted: Sat May 01, 2010 12:27 am 
Tyre Shredder
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 340

Joined: 4th Nov 2009

Ride: EFII Fairmont XR8

Location: hobart
TAS, Australia

Mate there is a 5 page thread on AFF in the sale section, a guys sells them specifically for B series and a guide for B series is up there.

Looks bloody fantastic.

 

_________________

Image

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Angel eye headlights... good idea?
Posted: Sat May 01, 2010 1:33 am 
Stock as a Rock
Offline

Posts: 114

Joined: 21st May 2009

Ride: EBI Wagon & Mass Transit

Location: The Hills Area
NSW, Australia

Memeber fordfreak ef as done the angel eye headlight mod to his BF
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Angel eye headlights... good idea?
Posted: Sat May 01, 2010 11:07 am 
Stock as a Rock
Offline

Age: 27

Posts: 150

Joined: 3rd Apr 2010

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: BA XR6 Turbo

Location: Caboolture south
QLD, Australia

thepistonhead wrote:
Mate there is a 5 page thread on AFF in the sale section, a guys sells them specifically for B series and a guide for B series is up there.

Looks bloody fantastic.


ohh really i will definately have to look into that, becuz i think they really add a sweet touch to the car and would be best to definately get from a person who sells specifically for b series, but i cant find the topic your talking about, do you have his name or a link to the page at all?

cheers luke

 

_________________

BA XR6T Manual 220rw kw - 20' chromies, pedders ultra lows, hurricane 2.5' twin exhaust by Fat Pipes, PBR premium slotted brakes, leather pack, and soon more under the bonnet!

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Angel eye headlights... good idea?
Posted: Sat May 01, 2010 11:08 am 
Stock as a Rock
Offline

Age: 27

Posts: 150

Joined: 3rd Apr 2010

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: BA XR6 Turbo

Location: Caboolture south
QLD, Australia

Shortshift wrote:
They look terrific. Are you aware that these are sold on eBay? The cost of the materials & labour might be more than what you can buy them for.


i know they are on ebay but i duno if they are an exact fit, and are the quality of making them yourself, its the type of pride i put into things that i like it to be done myself ya know what i mean? like no1 elses will be exactly the same...

 

_________________

BA XR6T Manual 220rw kw - 20' chromies, pedders ultra lows, hurricane 2.5' twin exhaust by Fat Pipes, PBR premium slotted brakes, leather pack, and soon more under the bonnet!

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Angel eye headlights... good idea?
Posted: Sat May 01, 2010 11:10 am 
Stock as a Rock
Offline

Age: 27

Posts: 150

Joined: 3rd Apr 2010

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: BA XR6 Turbo

Location: Caboolture south
QLD, Australia

LP_ wrote:
Memeber fordfreak ef as done the angel eye headlight mod to his BF


cheers i will try and get into contact with him and see if his are going well, i think if i find the right guy or company, it can be done very cheaply too

 

_________________

BA XR6T Manual 220rw kw - 20' chromies, pedders ultra lows, hurricane 2.5' twin exhaust by Fat Pipes, PBR premium slotted brakes, leather pack, and soon more under the bonnet!

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Angel eye headlights... good idea?
Posted: Sun May 02, 2010 7:54 pm 
Oompa Loompa
Offline

Age: 29

Posts: 39

Joined: 27th Mar 2010

Gallery: 15 images

Ride: BF XR6

Location: Raymond Terrace
NSW, Australia

lukeyxr6t wrote:
i have been wanting to do some angel eye headlights on my BA for a while now i have some kind of fantasy with them, they just look so mad when u see a beamer drive past with em... was lookin around and this is a full video to show you how to do it, what do yas rekon?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKE3aqlwOvY



i found a site carmate.com that does them to suit BF xr6 i am getting some for mine in the next few weeks. i am not too sure if they ship them or not but i am sure u can find out?

:D

 

_________________

BF XR6 4SP AUTO BOSS BONNET SUPER SUPER LOW KING SPRINGS SEXY GRILL AND RED XR BADGES MMM DELICIOUS

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Angel eye headlights... good idea?
Posted: Sun May 02, 2010 9:58 pm 
Stock as a Rock
Offline

Age: 27

Posts: 150

Joined: 3rd Apr 2010

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: BA XR6 Turbo

Location: Caboolture south
QLD, Australia

SxcXr6 wrote:
lukeyxr6t wrote:
i have been wanting to do some angel eye headlights on my BA for a while now i have some kind of fantasy with them, they just look so mad when u see a beamer drive past with em... was lookin around and this is a full video to show you how to do it, what do yas rekon?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKE3aqlwOvY



i found a site carmate.com that does them to suit BF xr6 i am getting some for mine in the next few weeks. i am not too sure if they ship them or not but i am sure u can find out?

:D


Yer that was the site i was planning to use, but i dont know which size rings to buy? and i cant see a section on that site that has them specially for ba/bf xr's? they also have a range : led strips, led rings, and neon rings, i know of fordfreak ef who has them on his bf, but i dont know yet and havent been able to get hold of him to see if he has bought the led rings or the strip ones or what... and which size rings to even get?

 

_________________

BA XR6T Manual 220rw kw - 20' chromies, pedders ultra lows, hurricane 2.5' twin exhaust by Fat Pipes, PBR premium slotted brakes, leather pack, and soon more under the bonnet!

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Angel eye headlights... good idea?
Posted: Sun May 02, 2010 10:17 pm 
Oompa Loompa
Offline

Age: 29

Posts: 39

Joined: 27th Mar 2010

Gallery: 15 images

Ride: BF XR6

Location: Raymond Terrace
NSW, Australia

lukeyxr6t wrote:
SxcXr6 wrote:
lukeyxr6t wrote:
i have been wanting to do some angel eye headlights on my BA for a while now i have some kind of fantasy with them, they just look so mad when u see a beamer drive past with em... was lookin around and this is a full video to show you how to do it, what do yas rekon?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKE3aqlwOvY



i found a site carmate.com that does them to suit BF xr6 i am getting some for mine in the next few weeks. i am not too sure if they ship them or not but i am sure u can find out?

:D


Yer that was the site i was planning to use, but i dont know which size rings to buy? and i cant see a section on that site that has them specially for ba/bf xr's? they also have a range : led strips, led rings, and neon rings, i know of fordfreak ef who has them on his bf, but i dont know yet and havent been able to get hold of him to see if he has bought the led rings or the strip ones or what... and which size rings to even get?


im not quite sure either mate ay sorry i cant be much of a help there ay. if u find out anything more can ya lemme know?

 

_________________

BF XR6 4SP AUTO BOSS BONNET SUPER SUPER LOW KING SPRINGS SEXY GRILL AND RED XR BADGES MMM DELICIOUS

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Angel eye headlights... good idea?
Posted: Sun May 02, 2010 10:19 pm 
Smokin em up
Offline
User avatar

Age: 25

Posts: 278

Joined: 9th Dec 2009

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: Lookin for a EB or ED fairmont

Location: adelaide
SA, Australia

Could this be done on EB's

 

_________________

Car got Crushed
R.I.P EB Fairmont 05/06/2010

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Angel eye headlights... good idea?
Posted: Sun May 02, 2010 10:29 pm 
Stock as a Rock
Offline

Age: 27

Posts: 150

Joined: 3rd Apr 2010

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: BA XR6 Turbo

Location: Caboolture south
QLD, Australia

SxcXr6 wrote:
lukeyxr6t wrote:
SxcXr6 wrote:
lukeyxr6t wrote:
i have been wanting to do some angel eye headlights on my BA for a while now i have some kind of fantasy with them, they just look so mad when u see a beamer drive past with em... was lookin around and this is a full video to show you how to do it, what do yas rekon?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKE3aqlwOvY



i found a site carmate.com that does them to suit BF xr6 i am getting some for mine in the next few weeks. i am not too sure if they ship them or not but i am sure u can find out?

:D


Yer that was the site i was planning to use, but i dont know which size rings to buy? and i cant see a section on that site that has them specially for ba/bf xr's? they also have a range : led strips, led rings, and neon rings, i know of fordfreak ef who has them on his bf, but i dont know yet and havent been able to get hold of him to see if he has bought the led rings or the strip ones or what... and which size rings to even get?


im not quite sure either mate ay sorry i cant be much of a help there ay. if u find out anything more can ya lemme know?


yer i can let ya know mate if i find out, im really keen on doing it as it makes the car look soo tough and mean looking at night, yet isnt an expensive mod, still standard looking too, nothing ricey :) well somehow need to find out what size rings to get still and which type becuz from the pics that fordfreak ef has i dont think they are led rings, they look more like the diy kit on youtube with the blind tubes....

it could be done on eb's im not sure of how great it would look on a non s pack... but if u got an xr could do it around the inside of the circles, may not even have to take the headlight apart just put the rings on the inside of the plastic cover part

 

_________________

BA XR6T Manual 220rw kw - 20' chromies, pedders ultra lows, hurricane 2.5' twin exhaust by Fat Pipes, PBR premium slotted brakes, leather pack, and soon more under the bonnet!

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Angel eye headlights... good idea?
Posted: Mon May 03, 2010 12:02 am 
Smokin em up
Offline
User avatar

Age: 25

Posts: 278

Joined: 9th Dec 2009

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: Lookin for a EB or ED fairmont

Location: adelaide
SA, Australia

Well if ya dont fancy angel eyes cheak these out
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/FORD-FALCON-BA-B ... 483a63fc58
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/FORD-FALCON-EA-E ... 4839263acb

 

_________________

Car got Crushed
R.I.P EB Fairmont 05/06/2010

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Angel eye headlights... good idea?
Posted: Mon May 03, 2010 8:43 am 
Stock as a Rock
Offline

Age: 27

Posts: 150

Joined: 3rd Apr 2010

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: BA XR6 Turbo

Location: Caboolture south
QLD, Australia

they do look nice, but i more prefer the ring ones, but for an ea eb ed definately go for it, not many of them will have that done

 

_________________

BA XR6T Manual 220rw kw - 20' chromies, pedders ultra lows, hurricane 2.5' twin exhaust by Fat Pipes, PBR premium slotted brakes, leather pack, and soon more under the bonnet!

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Angel eye headlights... good idea?
Posted: Mon May 03, 2010 1:18 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 33

Posts: 930

Joined: 6th Nov 2004

Ride: EB SXR6 | ED XR8 Sprint

Location: Sydney
NSW, Australia

this does look nice on beamers. but i have seen so many cars out there that have done them aftermarket and they just look way too bright and too blue which makes them look cheap and nasty. If your going to do it get them a smiliar colour to the standard headlights and maybe not so bright...

thats my opinion. I was lookign into doing this for my EB but then changed my mind....

 

_________________

EB SXR6. ED XR8 Sprint.

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 1 of 2  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 17 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:14 pm All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names