Fordmods Logo

ATTENTION - AU-BF Ute owners! 

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Post subject: ATTENTION - AU-BF Ute owners!
Posted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:17 am 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: BA XLS Ute

VIC, Australia

So I don't know if this has been covered in the past or not!? But yesterday while I was swapping the tail lights in my BA ute to BF (thanks jet ute), I took the tub liner out so that I wouldn't have to roll around in the dirt under the ute getting the rear loom out and I was shocked to see MOUNTAINS of dirt, rocks and crap that was built up under the liner (especially the front corners). I used to use this ute as a work ute, but now it only sees dirt roads maybe once a month.

So I reckon if you've got a ute that sees a bit of muddy, dirty roads or if you've done a little circle work in the neighbours paddock from time to time. :wink:
For the sake of 12 bolts and 20 mins of your time, pull your tub liner out and head down to the carwash! I easily would have had a cement bag or 2 worth crud undermine.

Cheers Paul.

Post subject: Re: ATTENTION - AU-BF Ute owners!
Posted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:45 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: "08 XR6T Ute

QLD, Australia

Yeah when I pulled mine off my RTV it was the same deal and it hadn't seen, let alone driven on dirt for 4-5months... Definitely surprising what keeps up under/around the tub lining... It is worth pulling out for a clean, even just to prevent some rattles and early onset of rust...

"08 XR6T Ute

Post subject: Re: ATTENTION - AU-BF Ute owners!
Posted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:09 am 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: BA XLS Ute

VIC, Australia

FordAUte wrote:
Yeah when I pulled mine off my RTV it was the same deal and it hadn't seen, let alone driven on dirt for 4-5months... Definitely surprising what keeps up under/around the tub lining... It is worth pulling out for a clean, even just to prevent some rattles and early onset of rust...

Yeah and with the light splatter of paint thats under there rust was my main concern.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]