Fordmods Logo

AU Fairlane - Headlights 

 

Page 2 of 3 [ 41 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

 
Posted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 11:01 am 
Oompa Loompa
Offline
User avatar

Age: 47

Posts: 46

Joined: 2nd Mar 2005

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: Falcon au xr8 series 3

Location: perth
WA, Australia

yep .there are two types:
one is like a hard wire where you cant bend it or flex it to suit.
And the fibre optic cable (is much better) :)
I have a contact over in there who found me the parts but he sent them by surface mail so hopefully they will turn up next week.
I will send you a pm to show you the parts and if i run into a bit of confusion i will give you a buzz.
It should look pretty good and be original as i dont think this has been done before to a fairlane.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 3:13 pm 
Smokin em up
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 281

Joined: 3rd May 2005

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

fomoco wrote:
yep .there are two types:
one is like a hard wire where you cant bend it or flex it to suit.
And the fibre optic cable (is much better) :)
I have a contact over in there who found me the parts but he sent them by surface mail so hopefully they will turn up next week.
I will send you a pm to show you the parts and if i run into a bit of confusion i will give you a buzz.
It should look pretty good and be original as i dont think this has been done before to a fairlane.


If you are using BMWs original Angel Eyes with fibre optics and all.
No, no one has done such retro before.
So you are going to be the first and only.

A one of a kind.

You will be envy of many, I tell you.

Just make sure that you plan everything in detail and take your time, don't rush anything. Pay attention to all details and before cutting, drilling, gluing etc. try it out several times to make sure it all fits.

I am really looking forward to see how you progress and the end result.

What is the present set up of your headlights? 1 x H4 and 1 x H7 or something else?

Have you had one of the headlights opened up to see how it looks in there?

 

_________________

Image

Have fun,
mavs19

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 4:56 pm 
Oompa Loompa
Offline
User avatar

Age: 47

Posts: 46

Joined: 2nd Mar 2005

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: Falcon au xr8 series 3

Location: perth
WA, Australia

Those bulbs are correctas to whats inside.
As to pulling it apart it there should be about 15 mm clearance for the assembly to fit in as well as what im told of the ballast to fit in as i thought with the battery and also the air filter box might be a problem.
But hey! its a fairlane :D
As for the angel eyes they are around 120mm and 115mm in dia and will fit in each of the light bores.
camera isnt working so ill try to get a pic of the angel eyes sitting in the bores
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 7:02 pm 
Smokin em up
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 281

Joined: 3rd May 2005

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

fomoco wrote:
Those bulbs are correctas to whats inside.
As to pulling it apart it there should be about 15 mm clearance for the assembly to fit in as well as what im told of the ballast to fit in as i thought with the battery and also the air filter box might be a problem.
But hey! its a fairlane :D
As for the angel eyes they are around 120mm and 115mm in dia and will fit in each of the light bores.
camera isnt working so ill try to get a pic of the angel eyes sitting in the bores


When you get the camera working, I would love to see a pic of the power source and the set up you got on them.

 

_________________

Image

Have fun,
mavs19

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 1:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 30

Posts: 3184

Joined: 8th Nov 2004

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: EF Falcon

Location: Townsville
QLD, Australia

mavs have you got a photo of the BAs lights on the road? would be interested to see that.

 

_________________

Nicco's M112 Blown, T-56 equipped EF
forums/viewtopic.php?t=68319

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 12:41 pm 
Smokin em up
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 281

Joined: 3rd May 2005

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

nicco wrote:
mavs have you got a photo of the BAs lights on the road? would be interested to see that.


I will take some pics and post them.

 

_________________

Image

Have fun,
mavs19

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 1:09 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 30

Posts: 3184

Joined: 8th Nov 2004

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: EF Falcon

Location: Townsville
QLD, Australia

cheers for that. would just be good to see what a properly sorted HID retrofit would be like.

 

_________________

Nicco's M112 Blown, T-56 equipped EF
forums/viewtopic.php?t=68319

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 8:52 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 37

Posts: 1052

Joined: 12th Nov 2004

Ride: NC II Fairlane

Location: Newcastle
NSW, Australia

my bad moved to HID headlights

 

_________________

"Looking at cleavage is like looking at the sun. You don't stare at it. It's too risky. You get a sense of it and then you look away."

Now with el thermos fitted.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 1:09 am 
Smokin em up
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 281

Joined: 3rd May 2005

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

OK, here is a pic that shows how a good and well adjusted HID Lo beam should look like.

Image

Next one is the beam pattern from the special shield we cut.
Notice the bend on each side of the pattern in order to see the pedestrians and road signs better.
The Driver's side is somewhat lower so the beam emitted from the projectors should not bother (blind) oncoming traffic but on the passenger's side it is a bit higher so you can see further down the road.

Image

 

_________________

Image

Have fun,
mavs19

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 1:31 pm 
Oompa Loompa
Offline
User avatar

Age: 47

Posts: 46

Joined: 2nd Mar 2005

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: Falcon au xr8 series 3

Location: perth
WA, Australia

Thats what im looking for :wink:
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 1:42 pm 
Oompa Loompa
Offline
User avatar

Age: 47

Posts: 46

Joined: 2nd Mar 2005

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: Falcon au xr8 series 3

Location: perth
WA, Australia

Hey mavs heres a few pictures of the angel eyes

 

 

Attachments:
AngelEyes02.jpg
AngelEyes02.jpg [ 89.04 KiB | Viewed 41 times ]
File comment: angel eyes sorta there
AngelEyes01.jpg
AngelEyes01.jpg [ 44.97 KiB | Viewed 35 times ]
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 1:44 pm 
Oompa Loompa
Offline
User avatar

Age: 47

Posts: 46

Joined: 2nd Mar 2005

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: Falcon au xr8 series 3

Location: perth
WA, Australia

Thes light wont be painted ,they will stay chrome to keep the fairlane look at the front
The projectors should sit behind them pretty good.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 3:11 pm 
Smokin em up
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 281

Joined: 3rd May 2005

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

fomoco wrote:
Thes light wont be painted ,they will stay chrome to keep the fairlane look at the front
The projectors should sit behind them pretty good.



That looks very professionally done.
My hat off to you.
First time I see some one that has spent some time thinking and planning before they stitch things together.

Yes I agree with you the chrome would look much nicer on Fairlane.

Can't wait to see what you do with rest of this retro.

 

_________________

Image

Have fun,
mavs19

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 6:10 pm 
Smokin em up
Offline

Posts: 277

Joined: 12th Nov 2004

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: AU - Turbo

Location: Canada
Oustide Australia

Mavs do you have a pic of what the projectors looked like in the au's ?
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 12:50 am 
Smokin em up
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 281

Joined: 3rd May 2005

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

blinkAU wrote:
Mavs do you have a pic of what the projectors looked like in the au's ?


This is the type of projectors used in the AUs.

 

 

Attachments:
fsd006.jpg
fsd006.jpg [ 102.06 KiB | Viewed 37 times ]

 

_________________

Image

Have fun,
mavs19

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 2 of 3  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:26 pm All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names