Fordmods Logo

AU motor into EA falcon I6 Turbo/C10auto conversion 

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Post subject: AU motor into EA falcon I6 Turbo/C10auto conversion
Posted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 9:23 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

hi

Just lifted the EA falcon on the hiost before starting remove the motor out of the vehicle going to be interesting to see how much will be need to cut out to see how the AU motor main bearing cap intergrated alloy sump going to fit into its new inviroment and a C10 auto .

keep you posted as i go along

cya

WANTED - Complete BTr4 and zf 6hp26 automatic transmission 6 cylinder and V8 transmission(s) suit rebuild? Drop me a PM if you can help would be greatly appreciated - thanks

Last edited by FPV_GTp on Fri May 05, 2006 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 12:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 15 images

Ride: ALTED XR6 - ALTED EA - EF TAXI

QLD, Australia

just remember your going to have to cut away and some of the k-frame .

its been done on here, i've done it before, do a search on here for it .

Post subject: hot axe
Posted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 2:39 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

altedxr6 wrote:

hi

thanks for that nothing a hot axe doesnt fix :wink: kidding come monday night the motor is out and in with the AU and C10 auto if i finish the transmission adapter plate as i want to make the new transmssion mount at the same time :wink: :wink: :wink:

cya

WANTED - Complete BTr4 and zf 6hp26 automatic transmission 6 cylinder and V8 transmission(s) suit rebuild? Drop me a PM if you can help would be greatly appreciated - thanks

Post subject: Re: hot axe
Posted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 3:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: 2007

NSW, Australia

FPV_GTp wrote:
altedxr6 wrote:

hi

thanks for that nothing a hot axe doesnt fix :wink: kidding come monday night the motor is out and in with the AU and C10 auto if i finish the transmission adapter plate as i want to make the new transmssion mount at the same time :wink: :wink: :wink:

cya

Looking at your pics I dont think your are going to have to cut anything unless you are changing the motor position due to the transmission. EF's need about an inch cut out of the inside edge of the front of the K frame. In your picture the front sump bolts are clearing the front member already :) it is close but worst case would be grind down the rib a bit on the front of the AU sump (not flush or it will leak).

Cheers
TW.

BF Fairmont Ghia Series II update.
GQ XR6T ghia patrol.

,======o00o
//__|__|_,\_____\,___
|_/--\'_|'__|_/--\_[]IIII[]
_( o ) )_____( o ) )=o=) )__

Post subject: Re: hot axe
Posted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 5:59 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

twason wrote:
FPV_GTp wrote:
altedxr6 wrote:

hi

cya

Looking at your pics I dont think your are going to have to cut anything unless you are changing the motor position due to the transmission. EF's need about an inch cut out of the inside edge of the front of the K frame. In your picture the front sump bolts are clearing the front member already :) it is close but worst case would be grind down the rib a bit on the front of the AU sump (not flush or it will leak).

Cheers
TW.

hi twason

the front of the sump will be a breezzz that one in square tube i will just cut right out judging from the pic and relocate it more forward to give the front of the alloy sump more clearance this section i will make removeable as to aid in future engine remove and fits as i know i am going to destroying a few engines the rear and side of the sump i will find out when i lower the dummy engine into the engine bay on EA falcon modifyed unbrakooo mounts :wink: :wink: engine will be sitting basically in the same spot cant go back and not much chance or wise to go forward lets see what happens monday nite if i finish the transmssion adaptor

cya

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]