insure it then burn it :idea:

HAHAHAHA you got my vote lol sorry that was F**k funny hahahahah

BANNED

Posted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 10:04 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: BA Predator

QLD, Australia

its alot harder to make an au/ba into a convertable, considering the vt - vz roof looks like an after thought

Posted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 10:23 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: BA Falcon

Power: 106 rwkw

SA, Australia

BuNtEr wrote:
They should pass a law that makes all taxis once they are taken out of service that they should be crushed..

does your car get inspected all the time like Taxi's do??? bet you bought your car a car yard, so question is how many kays does your car have, is it the same as whats on the speedo. How do you really know

BuNtEr wrote:
look at the a taxi's here in sydney, its nothing to see 600 or 700,000 Kms on the clock. allot of sydney taxis are lucky to be turned off, most never get turned off unless they have to refuel.

and the biggest cause of engine wear has been proven to be cold starts... show me a private car that has 6-700,000 on the clock and doenst have the original motor, you wont. highest I have heard off is 1.4million kays on a original engine.

lets face it, you get what you pay for, sometimes you can be lucky. But if you are going to do up a car and replace god knows how much stuff in it, why pay top dollar for the car to start with? I have one of those an AU futura I bought 2 years ago with 90,000 on the clock cost me $14,000 after all the government s**t and its staying stock.

The last Taxi I bought was a sydney car 780,000 on the clock. did 30,000 kays in 9 months in it and quite a few cruises too. I am selling it and I can tell you I will get more than the $1400 I paid for that one.

2003 BA Falcon Egas Taxi Pack - XR Replica
Tpak MKII Build Thread

1984 ZL Fairlane
The Project

Posted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 10:30 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA XT, BA XR6T, ED Ghia 5.0

WA, Australia

Not meaning to be rude but god that's ugly... the grille and lights really don't go well with the yellow. My suggestion is bush bash it and post the pictures :)

What's the difference between a Holden and a sheep? It's less embarrasing getting out of the back of a sheep..

Posted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 10:42 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: Falcon

Power: 113 rwkw

NSW, Australia

AU99 wrote:
BuNtEr wrote:
They should pass a law that makes all taxis once they are taken out of service that they should be crushed..

does your car get inspected all the time like Taxi's do??? bet you bought your car a car yard, so question is how many kays does your car have, is it the same as whats on the speedo. How do you really know

BuNtEr wrote:
look at the a taxi's here in sydney, its nothing to see 600 or 700,000 Kms on the clock. allot of sydney taxis are lucky to be turned off, most never get turned off unless they have to refuel.

and the biggest cause of engine wear has been proven to be cold starts... show me a private car that has 6-700,000 on the clock and doenst have the original motor, you wont. highest I have heard off is 1.4million kays on a original engine.

lets face it, you get what you pay for, sometimes you can be lucky. But if you are going to do up a car and replace god knows how much stuff in it, why pay top dollar for the car to start with? I have one of those an AU futura I bought 2 years ago with 90,000 on the clock cost me $14,000 after all the government s**t and its staying stock.

The last Taxi I bought was a sydney car 780,000 on the clock. did 30,000 kays in 9 months in it and quite a few cruises too. I am selling it and I can tell you I will get more than the $1400 I paid for that one.

I used to work for a panel shop that did mostly taxis in sydney and the amount of them that sounded like the a*** was about to fall out wasn’t funny, both Holden and Ford. F**k front end stuffed breaks taxi diff , list goes on, it used to be bad but its much better now, but ex taxis get more metal fatigue than any other used car.

Most ex taxis that do 800.000 + Ks you find they re paint them and sell them as a family car, a few people in Sydney been getting busted for doing it.

Yes I bought my EB from a car yard in Sydney, she has done 319000 ks and the yard only had her for 2 weeks b4 I got her and I have been in touch with the last owner and have all the paperwork for everything that’s been done to it from the day it got its first service till now.

I don’t know how rough the drivers of taxis are in other states but Sydney are the roughest I know of. As I been told.

Only taxis I know that get looked after are ones from silver service Taxis, they keep them like new, they use LTD,s or Statemans.

BANNED

Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 2:11 am 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

Yeah I have seen some pretty horrible ones kicking around also but mech/body wise this is rather good, have seen private cars alot worse for 3x the price.

Interior needs a good tidy up, no rips in the seats just really dirty by my standards anyway. when I have a couple of nice sunny days and I get a couple of days off I will attack it.

This one had a RWC last september and had some front end work done (got the report from owner) and a few other things that were needed. this one drives very well, alot better than my white one so thats going and the yellow one is staying.

Tpak MKII Build Thread

1984 ZL Fairlane
The Project

Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 7:30 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 14 images

Ride: ebxr8

SA, Australia

Since you live in salisbury and i live in paralowie i'll keep an eye out for ya can't miss that distinctive yellow beast,if i see ya coming i may pull to the side of the road just incase it chooses to loose a wheel when its next to me :lol:
I may even help ya push it home when it breaks down :!:
Don't take offense i'm only joking but hey i may notice ya somewhere in my travels,adelaides a pretty small place and salisbury even smaller. :P

Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 10:10 am 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: Falcon

Power: 113 rwkw

NSW, Australia

ixlrate wrote:
Since you live in salisbury and i live in paralowie i'll keep an eye out for ya can't miss that distinctive yellow beast,if i see ya coming i may pull to the side of the road just incase it chooses to loose a wheel when its next to me :lol:
Don't take offense i'm only joking but hey i may notice ya somewhere in my travels,adelaides a pretty small place and salisbury even smaller. :P

just dive out wile he is driveing past and yell out TAXI. lol see if he will pick u up hahaha.

BANNED

Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 1:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 14 images

Ride: ebxr8

SA, Australia

BuNtEr wrote:
ixlrate wrote:

just dive out wile he is driveing past and yell out TAXI. lol see if he will pick u up hahaha.

Probably get sexually assaulted as theres been around 28 this past 6mths from taxi drivers in adelaide,and none of them seem to get the taxi or rego no's very strange. :mrgreen:

Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 1:40 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: ef fairmont,

QLD, Australia

i reckon go crazy on it like the movie taxi

twin turbo
big wheels
fairmont ghia interior (full leather power windows s**t like that)
sort of stocko on the outside nothing to flash just the grill and mabey xr lips and skirts
taxi decals and lights

then go into business as a taxi driver :D :lol: 8-)

95 ef montfor sale pm for info, 88 hilux mud truck

Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 2:47 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF Fairmont II

VIC, Australia

how much $is involved

Posted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 3:13 am 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

All our taxi's here are white (like Sydney) so the yellow stands out here in SA. Not sure what they are in WA, arent they Orange in QLD??

like the idea of fairmont(ghia) interior tho, that would be nice.

I have noticed of late quite a few E-Series and AU's Vic Xcabs getting around here in adelaide but none of them are done up in any way, they still have the grey bars on them, think they would at least clean them up and make them look decent. Thats probably why I want this to look pretty decent, and start a new trend.

Dare to be different I reckon.

Q. why is it ok to have a Yellow BA but not an AU?

Tpak MKII Build Thread

1984 ZL Fairlane
The Project

Posted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 1:44 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

QLD, Australia

We have orange cabs here, but they're still called "yellow cabs".. we've also got the black and white ones too.

A. Yellow sucks on any falcon imo :)
Paint it silhouette and do your bezels inside the headlights black like i did with my AU.

Posted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 2:05 am 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

GlennAUII wrote:
We have orange cabs here, but they're still called "yellow cabs".. we've also got the black and white ones too.

A. Yellow sucks on any falcon imo :)
Paint it silhouette and do your bezels inside the headlights black like i did with my AU.

Strange, I remember the Yellow cabs here (back in the kingswood days) were all orange too, never could figure that one out. why not call themselves Orange cabs?????

havent had a look at doing the bezels but sounds like a neat idea, how hard is to do? do the len's just clip on?

Tpak MKII Build Thread

1984 ZL Fairlane
The Project

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 3  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next