Fordmods Logo

AU2/3 Tickford Bodykit 

Page 2 of 2 [ 28 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 3:04 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

QLD, Australia

It isn't finished yet, so this is just sorta half finished exterior wise. My mate painted the kit up for me, and painted my mirrors. I dropped my side moulds off to him on sunday arvo and he's gonna paint em up for me soon too. Then after that, i need to sort my insurance so i can lower it (the ride height is laughable on this thing atm), and fit the deep dish 19's i've got sitting in my garage for it.

Kit getting fitted:

Mirror back unclipped:

Hope this gives you an idea. At the moment my car is not a good example of how good one of these things will look. The kit is fairly subtle which is the look i was going for, but lowered with this kit, some nice wheels and some twin tips it'll set the AU right off :)

Posted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EB Fairmont

SA, Australia

Cant wait to see it dumped and with some nice 18's or 19's Glenn.

Doin it for Scotty.

Posted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 1:48 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Jim Beam wrote:
Cant wait to see it dumped and with some nice 18's or 19's Glenn.

19x8.5 front, 19x9.5 rear :D
I've already got the rims sitting in my garage all boxed up, i just need rubber... and insurance :cry:

Posted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 5:17 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: Falcon AUIII

NSW, Australia

Hey guys I just bought a Falcon AUIII 02 model & could any of you please tell me how much I would be looking at for a body kit & new grill?

Ford Falcon AU Series III - My Beast!

Posted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 7:07 pm 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: AU - Turbo

Oustide Australia

Glen iv been watching your car for ages and will be so happy to see those mags gone I know how much you dont like them :lol:

I can't really tell the difference between with and without that kit well I can but its very subtle. I too am just about to fit a kit to my au2 (T3) and get some mags to get rid of my stocko plastic forte wheels and also paint side strips and mirrors. Im pratically in same boat as you only just got money as well to do it!

We will have to go for a cruise some time.

Posted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 7:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: BA MKII XR8

VIC, Australia

That's an extreemly subtle kit.

Posted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 10:07 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

blinkAU wrote:
Glen iv been watching your car for ages and will be so happy to see those mags gone I know how much you dont like them :lol:

I can't really tell the difference between with and without that kit well I can but its very subtle. I too am just about to fit a kit to my au2 (T3) and get some mags to get rid of my stocko plastic forte wheels and also paint side strips and mirrors. Im pratically in same boat as you only just got money as well to do it!

We will have to go for a cruise some time.

for sure we'll go for a cruise. I saw you bought your T3 kit off mark for a good price. He offered it to me just before i got mine fitted but i knocked it back because i already had my kit waitin to go on. I hat the wheels that are on my car more than anything.. never liked them ever since my dad bought the car new back in 2000. It will be a great day when they finally are retired to drag rims lol!
The kit is really subtle yeah, but i find it just fattens up the look of the car. Especially the sides and rear. It needed a rear skirt because the tow bar part was broken and the rear didn't sit right. The rear skirt evens it up 100%. The side skirts came into mind when i got rid of the mud flaps and there was scratches behind, the skirts cover it up completely.

Glenn
:)

Posted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 10:11 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

AU_SERIESIII wrote:
Hey guys I just bought a Falcon AUIII 02 model & could any of you please tell me how much I would be looking at for a body kit & new grill?

What kind of grill are you after? Bodykits for AU's start from about $600.
Check out canberra car styling one of the site sponsors, or alternatively www.awcinfo.com for a range of kits that'll suit. :wink:

Posted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 11:36 pm 
Smokin em up

Oustide Australia

Yeah got the kit off mark for a very good price. Just ordered some of the black mesh from awc as well to go on it. He kept telling me he had the hawk wing but in the end it turned out he had the ts50 wing which is good.. one less thing to buy. It will be good to see those rims gone... its a wonder what someone was thinking when they put them on the car!

Is painting turning out to cost you much? Im guessing its gonna cost me a fair bit :(

Your car is comming along alot better now any other exterior mods planned?

Posted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 1:21 am 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

blinkAU wrote:
Yeah got the kit off mark for a very good price. Just ordered some of the black mesh from awc as well to go on it. He kept telling me he had the hawk wing but in the end it turned out he had the ts50 wing which is good.. one less thing to buy. It will be good to see those rims gone... its a wonder what someone was thinking when they put them on the car!

Is painting turning out to cost you much? Im guessing its gonna cost me a fair bit :(

Your car is comming along alot better now any other exterior mods planned?

the paint (C2) and sikaflex cost me $128.00. My mate painted it and i helped him fit it. Took a lot of prep work because the kit wasn't that flash..
We also did the mirror scalps and i'm waiting on my side moulds to get done.
The hawk wing sux.. glad you got the T3 wing :D
The rims are called "rave" which were a factory option back in the day, the dealer put them on for nothing so they were on the car when dad took delivery of it.
I've got a couple of exterior ideas. I have the spoiler off at the moment because its giving me hassles, the mounts keep breaking and water comes into the boot. I'm thinking about having the holes filled and buying a bootlip spoiler. Other than that, SL's and 19's then i'll stop there for a while i think. :lol:

Posted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 7:30 pm 
Smokin em up

Oustide Australia

Im thinking of going down the 19" path too... what do you think looks better roh vapour or roh fury? I can't find a pic of an au with vapour wheels on it. I can't decide which ones to get :(

Posted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 12:46 am 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

personally those aren't the rims i would choose. The furys are common, and commodore looking. I'd go something really nice with a dish. The fury and the vapour are quite plain, just my opinion. But out of those two if i was made to choose, i'd pick the fury.

Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:33 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: Falcon AUIII

NSW, Australia

Thanks Glen. Checked it out & they had some good stuff on there.

Ford Falcon AU Series III - My Beast!

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2