Fordmods Logo

BA Buldge 

 

Page 3 of 4 [ 47 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

 
Posted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 5:10 pm 
Tyre Shredder
Offline

Age: 30

Posts: 379

Joined: 28th Feb 2005

Location: Meekathara
WA, Australia

Why not roof mount it - rally style!? :roll:
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 5:47 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 34

Posts: 780

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Ride: EF XR6

Location: Adelaide
SA, Australia

Could look nice. Will wait and see.

 

_________________

Not lost any demerit points

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 6:07 pm 
Technical Contributor
Offline
User avatar

Age: 30

Posts: 963

Joined: 8th Nov 2004

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: Liberty MY04 4GEN Luxury

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

The buldge looks sick on the photoshop.. i'd do it

 

_________________

www.lukehimself.net

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 1:08 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 33

Posts: 2718

Joined: 27th Nov 2004

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: EF & VTR1000

Location: Wollongong
NSW, Australia

yeah, definetly thinking about it.. :P
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 11:58 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 49

Posts: 482

Joined: 6th Nov 2004

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: EBII 220kw Tickford powered.

Location: Belconnen, Canberra
ACT, Australia

Doghead,

Best you tell your Dad that, as mentioned before, the BA V8's (XR8, GT and GT-P) require the bulge to fit the V8 under the bonnet.

Why the BA Falc's/Mont's/Lanes don't have them (I may be incorrect) I'm not sure.

I think it's a good idea myself if one was fitted to an E-series V8, need all the air possible around the engine intake as possible to reduce the heat sapping out power.

 

_________________

The car should be called "Frankenstien". EBII GLi skeleton, AU T2 220kw heart, AU2 brain, EF/EL for everything else.

"Bitza" Member 28 on FORDMODS v1.0 Joined 28-04-2002
"TS50EB" Member 300 on FORDMODS v1.1 Rejoined 6-11-2004

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 1:50 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 29

Posts: 3343

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Gallery: 9 images

Location: Brisbane
QLD, Australia

TS50EB wrote:
Doghead,

Best you tell your Dad that, as mentioned before, the BA V8's (XR8, GT and GT-P) require the bulge to fit the V8 under the bonnet.

Why the BA Falc's/Mont's/Lanes don't have them (I may be incorrect) I'm not sure.

I think it's a good idea myself if one was fitted to an E-series V8, need all the air possible around the engine intake as possible to reduce the heat sapping out power.

yeah you're right, the 3V V8's (barra 220) don't have the bulge, they don't need it.
You reckon a bulge would be that effective at removing heat? i think a vent would be more effective (and more imaginative than stealing the idea from another model) lol *flamesuit on* :lol:
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 2:28 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 34

Posts: 4307

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: EF Falcon XT-T

Location: Mornington Peninsula
VIC, Australia

GlennXR6T wrote:
You reckon a bulge would be that effective at removing heat? i think a vent would be more effective (and more imaginative than stealing the idea from another model) lol *flamesuit on* :lol:


LOL becuase other models don't have bonnet vents.
good one! ;)

 

_________________

FALCN6 - EF GLi Turbo, 20" Rims, Air Bag Suspension, Straight LPG, 225rwkw
DTHWGN - EA GL Wagon, LTD Interior, Satin Black, 5.0, Turbo
RACER - EF Futura , 5.0, 5 Speed
PROJECT - 83 Thunderbird, Lowered, 18" Billet Wheels
DAILY - BA Fairmont Ghia 5.4 3V

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 11:42 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 29

Posts: 3343

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Gallery: 9 images

Location: Brisbane
QLD, Australia

EFFalcon wrote:
GlennXR6T wrote:
You reckon a bulge would be that effective at removing heat? i think a vent would be more effective (and more imaginative than stealing the idea from another model) lol *flamesuit on* :lol:


LOL becuase other models don't have bonnet vents.
good one! ;)

more variety in vents is what i was getting at :roll:
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 9:27 pm 
Oompa Loompa
Offline

Age: 31

Posts: 20

Joined: 21st Mar 2005

Ride: EF Falcon

Location: Canberra
ACT, Australia

No worries, ill get a photo for you if someone can tell me how to post it up, the photo is off it in primer so ill have to get a photo of it painted aswell.

 

_________________

Dropped, CSA 17s , BA Buldge, Zorst
Love me falcons

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 11:22 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 49

Posts: 482

Joined: 6th Nov 2004

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: EBII 220kw Tickford powered.

Location: Belconnen, Canberra
ACT, Australia

Glenn,

As you know, the heat transfered from the engine to the inlet manifold, t/b, and MAF (for the v8's) robs your car of power, hot air produces a less dense charge going into the cyl's, therefore

Getting as much cooler air to that area will cool the inlet manifold.

And if that means a bulge for me, then so shall it be. My car is being built as a very stock looking sleeper, and with that, I hope the white paint job I will be getting will mask the presence of the bulge.

As for vents, not my scene.

 

_________________

The car should be called "Frankenstien". EBII GLi skeleton, AU T2 220kw heart, AU2 brain, EF/EL for everything else.

"Bitza" Member 28 on FORDMODS v1.0 Joined 28-04-2002
"TS50EB" Member 300 on FORDMODS v1.1 Rejoined 6-11-2004

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 11:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 29

Posts: 3343

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Gallery: 9 images

Location: Brisbane
QLD, Australia

TS50EB wrote:
Glenn,

As you know, the heat transfered from the engine to the inlet manifold, t/b, and MAF (for the v8's) robs your car of power, hot air produces a less dense charge going into the cyl's, therefore

Getting as much cooler air to that area will cool the inlet manifold.

And if that means a bulge for me, then so shall it be. My car is being built as a very stock looking sleeper, and with that, I hope the white paint job I will be getting will mask the presence of the bulge.

As for vents, not my scene.

Sorry wasn't picking at you for getting a bulge. Your car mate, not mine, if your happy with it go for it :)
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 12:46 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 38

Posts: 1518

Joined: 6th Nov 2004

Gallery: 14 images

Ride: BA XR6 Turbo

Power: 175 rwkw

Location: The Shire, Sydney
NSW, Australia

So she said, is that a bulge in your bonnet or is your engine just happy to see me :P

Image
Image
Image

With EF XR vents

Image
Image


And rough chops to see how it'd look in white (altho I'd be respraying the car phantom purple if I got it)

Image
Image


Apparently it's a BIG job to fit. You have to grind back the bonnet, stick this section down with resin then cut back all the resin and alot of the surrounding area so it's all flush and just leaves the bulge. You can just stick them on and bog around it but apparently they'll crack after a a year or with changes in temp of the bonnet and FG.
If you had to pay someone to do it they'd charge several hundred in labour to do it and it'd work out cheaper and easier just to buy a whole bonnet. They're currently not planning to make bonnets for the EFs though as they're busy with the later models but they said if they'd need around 50 to make it worthwhile. So, who's up for one ? :wink:

 

_________________

ImageImage

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 3:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 33

Posts: 2718

Joined: 27th Nov 2004

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: EF & VTR1000

Location: Wollongong
NSW, Australia

im definetly up for one hey... :p

big fan of the buldge.. 8-)
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 6:01 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 49

Posts: 482

Joined: 6th Nov 2004

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: EBII 220kw Tickford powered.

Location: Belconnen, Canberra
ACT, Australia

Hyena,

One word........ BEAUTIFUL!!!!!

I'd go just the bulge myself.

 

_________________

The car should be called "Frankenstien". EBII GLi skeleton, AU T2 220kw heart, AU2 brain, EF/EL for everything else.

"Bitza" Member 28 on FORDMODS v1.0 Joined 28-04-2002
"TS50EB" Member 300 on FORDMODS v1.1 Rejoined 6-11-2004

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 1:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 34

Posts: 780

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Ride: EF XR6

Location: Adelaide
SA, Australia

sweet.
Good effort Hyena. Looks tops, love the buldge.

 

_________________

Not lost any demerit points

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 3 of 4  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:18 pm All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names