Post subject: BA driving lights
Posted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:48 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: PX2 Ranger 4x4 XLT Dual CAB

VIC, Australia

Has anybody tried these in a BA XT bar?

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll ... K:MEWAX:IT

She's meanness put to music and the b**ch is born to run!
Like the sign says, "speed's just a question of money. How fast can you go?"

Post subject: Re: BA driving lights
Posted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:02 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: Falcon BA XT 2005

VIC, Australia

I've got the genuine Ford cornering lights which, like a few others on here, I have wired up as fog/driving lights (cheers to the guys at FTG Auto Salvage who sold me mine (thought I'd plug a Fordmods sponsor lol)). On sight alone and without going out to check my car (because it's dark and I'm lazy lol), I'm not convinced those would fit flush into an XT bar, the shape looks close but not quite the same to my eyes. The genuine ones are significantly more expensive but they come with all the wiring if you want to run them as cornering lights if you want, and more importantly, they're guaranteed to fit perfectly.
The eBay listing provides dimensions of the lamps, if I were you I'd measure up the spots for them on the bumper to be sure. They run H3 globes whereas the genuine lamps run T10 globes (like the parking lights), so these aftermarket ones would presumably be brighter.

Clowns are evil and must be killed.

Post subject: Re: BA driving lights
Posted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:56 am 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: BA XLS Ute

VIC, Australia

Not even close to being the right shape... I'm sure you could make them work.. But they'd look like a***! Like Red said FTG have these http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/FALCON-FAIRM ... 519a2f76a2 I have them in my XLS ute, they look very nice! Have seen them sold on ebay as just the lamps for anywhere between $60 - $100. I paid $15 for mine including the black plastic insert! :) You just have to keep your eyes open. But yeah as for the others ones... I think I’d steer clear. Also as the standard ones aren't driving lights as such, they are "Cornering lamps" you might find them to be a little dull when set up as driving lights... But then again, as you are from VIC and it's actually illegal to have driving lights on unless they are "fog lights" and its foggy or if they only come on with your high beams then I guess it doesn't really matter, because driving around in VIC with “Cool lights” costs you 165 bucks… And yes I have been fined.

Cheers Paul.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]