BA wheels onto EL 

Page 2 of 2 [ 25 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:45 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: EL Fairmont

VIC, Australia

DoddEA wrote:
Thats a decent price on the suspension. Not bad for the rims either, as long as that includes rubber. Even if you went Ebay, you'd probably only save a couple of hundred and still need to organise tyres.

Yeah exactly, it just alot easier too and they wont have any damage.

They come with rubber too :)

1997 EL Fairmont [EHELL] Mods: 2.5" straight through Redback Mandrel Bent Exhaust from cat back, BA XR8 18" Replica's, LPG conversion, Kingspring Superlows - front and rear, Monroe GT lowered shocks all round, Clear side repetors, FPV front floor mats..

Post subject: Re: BA wheels onto EL
Posted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:03 am 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: BA XR8

SA, Australia

Hey Mate.. Thats My Ef Mont Pictured On The Hill... Jw Whered That Pic Come From?? Haha

BA XR8 Blood Orange with 20" Black Gauntlets and sitting on Pedders SL Sports Ryders

Posted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:05 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Unfortunately the wheel/tyre packages usually come with
crap tyres........... best to see what price they give you with your
choice of rubber.

Posted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:00 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Fairmont26 PM sent.

-

Yeah I guess they will be on sub optimal rubber so i might bring some extra $$$ to havea look around. Started part time work now so I can make the sacrafice..

How much are we talking do you think to get it on some decent rubber? I guess I had better give them another call tomorrow

1997 EL Fairmont [EHELL] Mods: 2.5" straight through Redback Mandrel Bent Exhaust from cat back, BA XR8 18" Replica's, LPG conversion, Kingspring Superlows - front and rear, Monroe GT lowered shocks all round, Clear side repetors, FPV front floor mats..

Posted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:49 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 18 images

Ride: Envi EF

NSW, Australia

Have you looked at wheelmags? on ebay?

18x8s with Nexens all round was 1500 IIRC. Rims by themselves are about 800.

Kings Superlows are about 250, and shortened Ultima shocks are 140 posted for the fronts and 130 for the rear.
Theres even some supers on ebay now http://cgi.ebay.com.au/AU-FORD-FALCON-K ... dZViewItem
(EA-AU non IRS are all the same)

So you've got 250 for springs and 270 for shocks. We'll say $550 in case you pay more for whatever reason.
At trade prices your looking at <$450.. so there charging you $350 in labour.. all of about an hour for a pro.
If you cant fit them yourself, especially the rears, you shouldnt even be doing oil and filter changes on your car. It will take you under 2 hours to do it yourself.... why do you say you cant do it yourself???

Save yourself some dosh and learn s**t about your car - DIY... f**k I'd do it for a carton of Extra Dry.

>>>EF Futura T build<<<

Posted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:46 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Yeah you raise a good point. My best friend has the garage and tools so it could be done at his place (no room at my joint). To do it myself and save money I need to buy the parts second hand and hunt around. After 2-3 months of looking for and wanting a car it is easier to just pay to get it done, but it would be much more satisfying DIY. arm79 also said i shud do it myself so something to think about.

Cheers krisisdog

Posted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:53 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 18 images

Ride: Envi EF

NSW, Australia

Woo there, what do you mean second hand? The prices I said are all new. You pay through the a*** for labour. It's an e-series bro, theyre pretty bloody simple.

If you buy second hand you could have springs, shocks, and rims for under 1500 on the car. Easy.

>>>EF Futura T build<<<

Posted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:08 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Yeah, I'm remembering now.. I went to repco to get a price on Superlows, they where 175 each, for some reasn I remembered that they where more than that... ahh

Ne ways I'll call my friend tomorrow and see if I can do it there. If not I'm in strife but if thats all good I will go buy the parts and do it myself. After all i have the repair manual so their really are no excuses :lol:

Fuk 2nd hand parts cbf dealing with ppl, rather know what im putting in my car is good. The 300 saved can go towards better tyres to go with the XR8 replica's.

I'll let u know how I go

Posted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:23 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

FPV GT Alex wrote:
How much are we talking do you think to get it on some decent rubber? I guess I had better give them another call tomorrow

I estimate decent 18" tyres start at about $180, maybe $200 per corner....
(in 17" application, Federal and Nexen have been pretty good for me)

Posted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:30 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: FG MkII Xr6t Ute

QLD, Australia

I got Nexen's for $160 each on 18's but that was on special, they were ok considering they were only my commuting tyres. I run 16's with Eagle F1's for any fun, but they are around $250 for 16's and too soft once you get some heat into them in my opinion, great in the wet though.

For suspension buy any springs second hand as generally they are an item which unless has been unnaturally stressed (ie heated by being cut with a grinder) shouldn't have problems. Shocks buy new though and shop around. I got my last lot of springs for $80 second hand (superlows rear, lows front) but think I will be changing to ultra low rear/superlows front for my new car as it doesn't have to be as practical anymore :P

EVL098 wrote:
Cramping in the hand from having it on your Wang for an excessive period of time is a definate con.
Seriously do people google "f**k up modifications for Fords owned by Jews" and get linked straight to this site nowadays?

AU,factory fitted tickford kit/IRS, t5,Sports ryder/KYB: gone.

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2