Fordmods Logo

BA2 falcon chassis number location 

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Post subject: BA2 falcon chassis number location
Posted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:55 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: EF wagon

NSW, Australia

Hi guys. I am having trouble finding the chassis number on a BA2 falcon. I read somewhere it is on the rear side of drivers side strut tower, but can't see anything. I am assuming here that it is stamped into the steel of the body rather than an alloy plate. Cause if it is an alloy plate then its been removed......... :?

While I am at it, can anyone tell me if a BA factory painted in shockwave blue (W5 from memory) would have a shockwave blue engine bay or a different colour?

Starting to get a wee bit nervous here.......... :oops:

Thanks in advance
Stu

Post subject: Re: BA2 falcon chassis number location
Posted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:14 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

NSW, Australia

Thanks Ashcook. I found the stickers after a bit of searching, but surely there is a number stamped into the body/chassis? Should that dark blue in the engine bay be metallic? Can only tell with a torch

Fill in the story a little might help: Bought the car then realised it had been repainted. No real issue. Now the paint has started to fall off-literally, 20 x 10cm chunk off the tailgate pillar down to the primer-now I am getting pi$$**. Then searching for compliance plate eventually led to a search for the chassis number-can't find it stamped. The stickers are over the top of the new paint on the pillar. mate commented how he thought the engine bay should be same colour as car, searched some photos that did show this except it looked black in mine. With a torch it showed that the black was actually a very dark blue metallic-that isn't normal at all. Can see the overspray in the engine bay now I am looking for it. Leads me to think it was originally the dark blue, then painted in the shockwave blue. Now the compliance sticker says shockwave blue, as does the book. If it was originally the dark blue all over then it leads to a rebirth, and that is making me nervous

Posted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:26 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

NSW, Australia

Thanks. You have me a little eased at least. Still pretty peeved about this paint though, thing basically needs a full respray, and it didn't start showing till after I got it

Posted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:30 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

NSW, Australia

Lost previous owners phone number, but know where they live. Will have to go around and find out who did it and when

Posted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:04 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: g6e 2009

WA, Australia

how do you know its been repainted? ford had issues with shockwave paint not sticking, were doing resprays of affected cars iirc. i had a shockwave ba (luckily without the paint issues) however the engine bay was black. also iirc you cant remove that sticker and then reapply, when it gets peeled off its designed to leave bits on the car so the stickers says void or some such.

Posted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:19 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

NSW, Australia

I'm more of a mechanical kind of guy :oops: Mate who is good with paint etc reakoned it had been repainted going by the look of it. When it peeled I and he assumed it was due to a dodgy respray. There is peeled paint at the back of the body covered by the tailgate under the roof if you know what I mean (can see it when the boot is up and you look up the top). Was hard to see until I found it, assumed it was just missed in a respray. Looks to be overspray in the engine bay at the sides, but might be original still.

Thanks for your reply.

Oh yeah, found the chassis number finally. On passenger side in a bit front of where the bonnet strut goes. There is a cutout in the edge of the panel and it is stamped underneath that, basically on top of the strut tower

Posted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:26 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

NSW, Australia

Sounds exactly like the problems they had with the shockwave blue, chunks just peeling off and not sticking to the primer at all. Thanks for all the help guys, off to talk to ford on monday

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 10 posts ]