Fordmods Logo

BF ute leaking 

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Post subject: BF ute leaking
Posted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:28 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: falcon ef

QLD, Australia

I have a BF series 2 ute and it leaks quite badly on the drivers side. After heavy rain it filled the whole drivers side front and also the area behind the drivers seat. The passenger side was completely dry. After a small shower of rain I noticed a small puddle on the drivers floor under the accelerator pedal. It appears to have had a windscreen replaced so I took it back to windscreens Obrien. They removed and replaced the glass for $220 and said they found there was a bad bead so should be good now. Had to leave it outside last night and it rained. Water in the ute again. I have only had the ute for 2 months so am sure it must have been leaking before. Is there a common place to start looking for the leak or should I go back to the glass place as I now have life time guarantee. I have taken it to the car wash and aimed the high pressure water at the windscreen and door areas but could not see a leak in that short time
Thanks

Post subject: Re: BF ute leaking
Posted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:23 am 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: 2004 ba xr6 turbo

NSW, Australia

try spraying the hose into the vented areas on the black plastic that stretches across the windscreen, on either side of the car, leave the bonnet closed and spray the hose onto the corner of the bonnet/ glass and front quarter panel next to the drivers side windscreen wiper, if it floods again its probably clogged up where the mesh holes are, usually where all the leaves and s**t get stuck and built up, dunno how to fix it, but id say thats ur problem, its clogged and wen it rains it fills up in the firewall untill it reaches the first hole in the fire wall into ur cabin and floods in through there..

Post subject: Re: BF ute leaking
Posted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:41 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: falcon ef

QLD, Australia

thanks mate I will check it out
I removed the plastic cover and poured water into the area and down the hole and it drained thru to the ground no problems.
Looks like I will wait for the rain to stop so I can put the hose all over it any other ideas keep them coming. If there are any auto glass experts is there any tricks to help out
Thanks

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]