Fordmods Logo

bonnet bulge vents who is interested? 

 

Page 2 of 2 [ 27 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

 
 Post subject: Re: bonnet bulge vents who is interested?
Posted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:02 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 34

Posts: 4307

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: EF Falcon XT-T

Location: Mornington Peninsula
VIC, Australia

phatEB wrote:
Why is it that no one seems to be interested in doing full fibreglass bonnets for EA/EB/ED's????

Come on, it can't be that hard and you'd sell a heap.


would you?
find 5 people to put down a deposit and you'll have a better chance of it.
the problem is, people DONT want to pay $800 for a bonnet in most cases.

 

_________________

FALCN6 - EF GLi Turbo, 20" Rims, Air Bag Suspension, Straight LPG, 225rwkw
DTHWGN - EA GL Wagon, LTD Interior, Satin Black, 5.0, Turbo
RACER - EF Futura , 5.0, 5 Speed
PROJECT - 83 Thunderbird, Lowered, 18" Billet Wheels
DAILY - BA Fairmont Ghia 5.4 3V

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: bonnet bulge vents who is interested?
Posted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:05 am 
Moderator
Offline

Posts: 14513

Joined: 7th Nov 2004

Ride: ford falcon au3 xr8

Location: a shit suburb in sydney
NSW, Australia

kelv_05ef_wagon wrote:
hey all
i hav been talking to blits body kits and they have agreed to build this bonnet to suit an e series falcon if they can get atleast five people to pay a 50% deposit
post below if your interested and ill give there email address

cheers kelv


if you go ahead and require some money up front ? this will put it in a group buy situation..
for this you will need to contact a senior mod or site admin to get aproval..
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: bonnet bulge vents who is interested?
Posted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:44 pm 
Tyre Shredder
Offline

Age: 26

Posts: 371

Joined: 6th Jan 2009

Gallery: 21 images

Location: mackay
QLD, Australia

TROYMAN wrote:
kelv_05ef_wagon wrote:
hey all
i hav been talking to blits body kits and they have agreed to build this bonnet to suit an e series falcon if they can get atleast five people to pay a 50% deposit
post below if your interested and ill give there email address

cheers kelv


if you go ahead and require some money up front ? this will put it in a group buy situation..
for this you will need to contact a senior mod or site admin to get aproval..


very true seem as how your a moderator if i talk to this company about becoming a fordmods sponsor how hard os it for them to join in?

 

_________________

xb falcon 500: currently being striped for full respray
ef falcon gli wagooon: currently finishing bodykit and then doors closed respray
the-garage-f53/ef-wagon-kit-pics-up-t77713.html

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: bonnet bulge vents who is interested?
Posted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:12 pm 
Stock as a Rock
Offline
User avatar

Age: 30

Posts: 115

Joined: 20th Jun 2005

Ride: ed xr6 with bf turbo everything

Location: perth
WA, Australia

im happy to pay $1000 for a full fibreglass EA/early EB bonnet with a ba bf bulge, if this goes ahead then you have 1 member down for a deposit. i have grafted my own one to steel for the moment and just waiting for someone to manufacture the real thing.
cheers Jesse

 

_________________

Image

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: bonnet bulge vents who is interested?
Posted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:42 am 
Parts Gopher
Offline

Posts: 76

Joined: 7th Jan 2008

Ride: xg van and ute

Location: shitville perth w.a
WA, Australia

Jester-BOC wrote:
im happy to pay $1000 for a full fibreglass EA/early EB bonnet with a ba bf bulge, if this goes ahead then you have 1 member down for a deposit. i have grafted my own one to steel for the moment and just waiting for someone to manufacture the real thing.
cheers Jesse

be aware it may not be street legal in wa cuz
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: bonnet bulge vents who is interested?
Posted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:10 am 
Stock as a Rock
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 103

Joined: 2nd Sep 2010

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: Falcon BA 6 cyl

Location: Far Canal
QLD, Australia

You can get reproduction steel versions. I got one of these and it is faultless, incredibly well made & fits perfectly for $635
I bought mine at Panel house in Brisbane but it is the same one as advertised in this add in Vic
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/New-Ford-BA-BF-F ... 3cb0d5884d
They are made by GORDON Auto Body Parts Co. Ltd & are undercoated completely,even where you cant see using electro-deposition painting (EDP).
And for roughly the same price as an illegal Fiberglass product, these are 100% Legal! It would be easy to modify too.
Here it is just after the 2k paint dried
Image
Image
Image
And here it is fitted:
Image
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: bonnet bulge vents who is interested?
Posted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:40 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 659

Joined: 14th Apr 2006

Ride: EF Fairmont Sedan

Power: 180 rwkw

Location: Ferntree Gully
VIC, Australia

Phat Customs already make something silmilar to the Bonnet Bulge Vents - cant find pics of it on a bonnet yet

Image

Image

They make this one too
Image

 

_________________

PROEF 13.46 @ 105.78mph - 1994 Ford Fairmont EF NA 6cyl Man 3.9 diff Sedan
Stock Fuel Pump, 29lb Injectors, JMM Street Series Headers, 2.5" Exhaust, 205rwkw

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: bonnet bulge vents who is interested?
Posted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:45 pm 
Stock as a Rock
Offline
User avatar

Age: 30

Posts: 115

Joined: 20th Jun 2005

Ride: ed xr6 with bf turbo everything

Location: perth
WA, Australia

alby-73 wrote:
Jester-BOC wrote:
im happy to pay $1000 for a full fibreglass EA/early EB bonnet with a ba bf bulge, if this goes ahead then you have 1 member down for a deposit. i have grafted my own one to steel for the moment and just waiting for someone to manufacture the real thing.
cheers Jesse

be aware it may not be street legal in wa cuz


cheers for the heads up, got an engineer making me one out of steel now $500!! bargain comes with a certificate too.
Jesse

 

_________________

Image

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: bonnet bulge vents who is interested?
Posted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:39 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 30

Posts: 1149

Joined: 15th Apr 2009

Gallery: 22 images

Ride: 2013 Ford Focus ST

Power: 175 rwkw

Location: North West Sydney
NSW, Australia

I would stay away from Phat Custom Kits - they maybe cheap but there is a very good reason for that, their build quality is very poor in regards to parts not fitting nicely etc

 

_________________

I hate arriving at my destination as then I have to get out of my car!

New Build Thread
the-garage-f53/the-beast-v2-0-phil-s-2013-ford-focus-st-t122703.html

Old Build Thread
the-garage-f53/phil-s-bf-sr-gt-build-thread-lots-of-pics-t98705.html

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: bonnet bulge vents who is interested?
Posted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:01 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 34

Posts: 10826

Joined: 17th Apr 2005

Gallery: 34 images

Ride: BF MK11 XR 6 TURBO ZF 6spd

Power: 225 rwkw

Location: glenwood/sydney
NSW, Australia

Froudey wrote:
these bonnets look tough but look really f**k gay in real life...



Howzat froudey?

you dont seem to explain how your gaydar works so well? Take's one to know one? hehe..

I love the look of them.. -i have one! -And from all the driving i do.. those vents sure do VENT quite a bit of heat out.. You can see it easily while in traffic.. So The vents are functional.. whats not to like about that? Also a fair bit lighter.. But as with most aftermarket gear yes, getn to alighn up is a job and a half..

 

_________________

Todd: Nurse, suction.
Nurse: The patient's not even here yet.
Todd: I know.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GQpRYRcAiA

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: bonnet bulge vents who is interested?
Posted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:50 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 659

Joined: 14th Apr 2006

Ride: EF Fairmont Sedan

Power: 180 rwkw

Location: Ferntree Gully
VIC, Australia

phil545 wrote:
I would stay away from Phat Custom Kits - they maybe cheap but there is a very good reason for that, their build quality is very poor in regards to parts not fitting nicely etc
lol i went there on Saturday - was looking at a different bonnet though

I wanted a full fibreglass one and vented - said they dont do full fibreglass ones only fibrglass buldge on std bonnet

I asked them i want a gaurantee it won't crack and it will look perfect - the guy said he has been doing them for 30 years and he knows what he is doing

I think it was $450 all up - yes cheap - full fibreglass from that Kurnell Kustoms is $750 - so only $300 less and in both cases you still have to get them painted

 

_________________

PROEF 13.46 @ 105.78mph - 1994 Ford Fairmont EF NA 6cyl Man 3.9 diff Sedan
Stock Fuel Pump, 29lb Injectors, JMM Street Series Headers, 2.5" Exhaust, 205rwkw

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: bonnet bulge vents who is interested?
Posted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:22 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 30

Posts: 1149

Joined: 15th Apr 2009

Gallery: 22 images

Ride: 2013 Ford Focus ST

Power: 175 rwkw

Location: North West Sydney
NSW, Australia

DRHEMI wrote:
phil545 wrote:
I would stay away from Phat Custom Kits - they maybe cheap but there is a very good reason for that, their build quality is very poor in regards to parts not fitting nicely etc
lol i went there on Saturday - was looking at a different bonnet though

I wanted a full fibreglass one and vented - said they dont do full fibreglass ones only fibrglass buldge on std bonnet

I asked them i want a gaurantee it won't crack and it will look perfect - the guy said he has been doing them for 30 years and he knows what he is doing

I think it was $450 all up - yes cheap - full fibreglass from that Kurnell Kustoms is $750 - so only $300 less and in both cases you still have to get them painted



LOL been doing it for 30 years that sounds so familiar, that is the same line he gave me when i told him the side skirts didnt fit and my panel beater has been in the business for the same time plus worked on cars for friggin abu dhabi etc. You might have a good run but yeah just giving you warning if you critise their work dont expect much sympathy or help

Cheers

 

_________________

I hate arriving at my destination as then I have to get out of my car!

New Build Thread
the-garage-f53/the-beast-v2-0-phil-s-2013-ford-focus-st-t122703.html

Old Build Thread
the-garage-f53/phil-s-bf-sr-gt-build-thread-lots-of-pics-t98705.html

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 11 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:03 am All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names