Boot lid fills with water after rain 

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Post subject: Boot lid fills with water after rain
Posted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:11 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: EL GLi

NSW, Australia

after it rains or i wash the car the boot lid gets water in it and when i open it the water comes out all over the stuff in my boot anyone know of a fix

iv drilled a few holes in the metal channel near the rear bumper bar to try n help water run off, can take photos if people need them, any ideas are greatly apriciated as i plan to do a custom boot install son but need this fixed first

Post subject: Re: Boot lid fills with water after rain
Posted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:35 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 95 EF GLI

VIC, Australia

StevenBruzz wrote:
after it rains or i wash the car the boot lid gets water in it and when i open it the water comes out all over the stuff in my boot anyone know of a fix

iv drilled a few holes in the metal channel near the rear bumper bar to try n help water run off, can take photos if people need them, any ideas are greatly apriciated as i plan to do a custom boot install son but need this fixed first

i have this same issue with my car and my brothers au, anyone can help would be great

95 Ef Gli, mods : Tickford Head, Tickford ecu, Pacemaker 4499, Venom 100 cpi cat, Redback 2.5" catback, Wade 977b cam, ba xr6 intake and SS inductions, k & n filter & leather seats. 147.5kw @ wheels

Posted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:27 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: EF XR6 Wagon, AU2 XR6 VCT

Power: 148 rwkw

New Zealand

I have the same problem with my AU2! It is actually getting inside the "frame" of the boot lid. I have sealed up every hole in the lid (the spoiler mounts, brake light cable, "Falcon" garnish, number plate holes, etc) and it still does it. Just can't figure out how it's even possible. Would love to hear if anyone has solved this.

95 EF XR6 wagon, 17" FTRs, DBA rotors, KYB/Koni, AU bottom end, ported EF head, backcut valves, SS Inductions, Territory intake, 10.2 CR, Auckland 1258 cam, vernier gear, PH4480 headers, no cat, Tickford 2.5", 2800rpm stall, J3 chip

Posted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:32 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: EA Falcon

VIC, Australia

Try pulling out the entire boot seal and give the back of it a good scrub in a bucket of water.
While it's out of the car give the edge where it seats into place on the car a good scrub and wash.
You'd be suprised how much crap gets stuck under the seal preventing it from keeping water out.

Posted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:15 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF-XR8chaser

NSW, Australia

itsmee wrote:
Try pulling out the entire boot seal and give the back of it a good scrub in a bucket of water.
While it's out of the car give the edge where it seats into place on the car a good scrub and wash.
You'd be suprised how much crap gets stuck under the seal preventing it from keeping water out.

its also a nice spot to start rusting in the crapy mud,dont be shocked if theres plenty of mud and crap

R.I.P HANS HARTMAN

Posted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:19 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

itsmee wrote:

will give this a try, i find it only happens after heaps of rain, but its a pain in the rectum when you open your boot and it pours down from the bootlid

95 Ef Gli, mods : Tickford Head, Tickford ecu, Pacemaker 4499, Venom 100 cpi cat, Redback 2.5" catback, Wade 977b cam, ba xr6 intake and SS inductions, k & n filter & leather seats. 147.5kw @ wheels

Posted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:49 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: S1 eb 5speed

NSW, Australia

Mine was leaking through the garnish, loaded all sealing points with silicone and all seems fine.
Usually happens when the falcons at parked slightly downhill nose first, try parking front up hill and see if it happens

Posted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:53 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Pakrat wrote:
Mine was leaking through the garnish, loaded all sealing points with silicone and all seems fine.
Usually happens when the falcons at parked slightly downhill nose first, try parking front up hill and see if it happens

id say it does because usually my car is parked uphill.

Posted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:39 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: S1 eb 5speed

NSW, Australia

Bugger

Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:40 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: EL GLi

NSW, Australia