Fordmods Logo

Buckled Wheels hmmm?.. 

 

Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

 
 Post subject: Buckled Wheels hmmm?..
Posted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:19 pm 
Stock as a Rock
Offline

Age: 26

Posts: 144

Joined: 25th Apr 2010

Ride: 1992 Ford Eb Series 2

Apparently my two rears are ''severly'' buckled & front left slightly..ive just chuckd a 3.45 into my eb ..Didnt change the sway bar (if u needed to. it was a pain) but im just wondering would it be the axels in the diff, or the actual rims buckled because i can hear the tires on the road sorta making that wobble noise..it aint fully bad like they gunna pop off and ima go skating without back rims lol
but what you think?
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Buckled Wheels hmmm?..
Posted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:39 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 31

Posts: 582

Joined: 15th Jan 2008

Ride: supercharged eb

Location: Sydney
NSW, Australia

who said the rims are buckled did you just assume they are or did the bloke at the tyre shop say they were (checked on a balancer)

 

_________________

..My fake plant died because I forgot to pretend to water it..

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Buckled Wheels hmmm?..
Posted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:38 am 
Stock as a Rock
Offline

Age: 26

Posts: 144

Joined: 25th Apr 2010

Ride: 1992 Ford Eb Series 2

bob jane on wheel alignment and tire fitting...
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Buckled Wheels hmmm?..
Posted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:38 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 33

Posts: 6746

Joined: 13th Mar 2006

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: NCII Fairlane

Location: Bathurst
NSW, Australia

FordEb'L'unatic wrote:
bob jane on wheel alignment and tire fitting...



I suggest getting another set of rears (like borrow some standards or something) and go for a drive, if it seems fine then rims are rooted, but if it still seems how ya going then axles might rooted or something

 

_________________

R.I.P Tobias my son.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Buckled Wheels hmmm?..
Posted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:00 pm 
Stock as a Rock
Offline

Age: 26

Posts: 144

Joined: 25th Apr 2010

Ride: 1992 Ford Eb Series 2

308 standard single spinner diff axel & 3.45 lsd spline the same & compatible?..was thinkin of chuckin in the other axels
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Buckled Wheels hmmm?..
Posted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:12 pm 
Fordmods Addict
Offline
User avatar

Age: 31

Posts: 7958

Joined: 1st Jun 2005

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: Falcon

Power: 237 rwkw

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

do you have some reason to not trust this joints word?

because when they have a wheel/tyre on a balancing machine, it's really hard to mistake a bent axle for a buckled wheel :lol:

 

_________________

ED XR8 Sprint - S-Trim, V500, 249rwkw
BF MKII F6 Tornado - 237rwkw

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Buckled Wheels hmmm?..
Posted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:18 pm 
Stock as a Rock
Offline

Age: 26

Posts: 144

Joined: 25th Apr 2010

Ride: 1992 Ford Eb Series 2

yes well u got a point there..but they are bob jane they do like to try f**k people over :p but yeh didnt think of that haha..was mainly concerned because i just switched over a 3.45 and didnt know about the axels since it was a diff that used to like getting thrashed a bit..but yeh thanks for opening my dumbass mind and relising that..i feel like a tool haha..and yeh i ask people twice not just one person aswell :D
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Buckled Wheels hmmm?..
Posted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:28 pm 
Stock as a Rock
Offline

Age: 25

Posts: 114

Joined: 21st Apr 2010

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: 93 EB xr6

Location: langwarrin
VIC, Australia

FordEb'L'unatic wrote:
yes well u got a point there..but they are bob jane they do like to try f**k people over :p but yeh didnt think of that haha..was mainly concerned because i just switched over a 3.45 and didnt know about the axels since it was a diff that used to like getting thrashed a bit..but yeh thanks for opening my dumbass mind and relising that..i feel like a tool haha..and yeh i ask people twice not just one person aswell :D

Why would you say the like to f**k people over ?? Have you been f**k over before by them ?

 

_________________

1993 EB XR6 Factory 5spd-2.5" exhaust w/ dump pipe-Genuine BA XR8 18" wheels-K&N filter-Momo Steering Wheel-Pioneer Head Unit-Sony 12" Sub-Pioneer 600w MonoBlock 4ch Amp- Xplod 6x9's-Superlowed
FOR SALE BA XR8 18" GENIUNE 0433006707

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Buckled Wheels hmmm?..
Posted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:58 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 27

Posts: 971

Joined: 18th Dec 2008

Ride: BA Futura

Location: Hobart
TAS, Australia

My experience with Bob Jane's has been very good, I bought a set of 18" alloys for my first car from them, and I've also had other cars there too.

And they even arranged to have a wheel nut drilled out for me too, which I guess is their job, but I called them up in the morning and had it removed by early afternoon after making the booking.

 

_________________

Image
DCII LTD V8 - leather - low k's
1978 XC '1/2' 500 project 302C
BA Futura wagon
P38 Range Rover HSE

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Buckled Wheels hmmm?..
Posted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:31 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 33

Posts: 3277

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Gallery: 36 images

Ride: Ronald Mcdonald Mobile

Location: Sydney
NSW, Australia

i got some new tyres a few months ago from them, all good except they forgot to tighten the rear nuts..needless to say i went back and gave them some words

 

_________________

Gooooone - Eb2 Coon - 143RWKW
Now - Mazda MX5 with HKS Supercharger 190RWKW
Crescent Motorsport Liverpool - 9600 6229

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Buckled Wheels hmmm?..
Posted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:57 pm 
Stock as a Rock
Offline

Age: 26

Posts: 144

Joined: 25th Apr 2010

Ride: 1992 Ford Eb Series 2

eb_dean wrote:
FordEb'L'unatic wrote:
yes well u got a point there..but they are bob jane they do like to try f**k people over :p but yeh didnt think of that haha..was mainly concerned because i just switched over a 3.45 and didnt know about the axels since it was a diff that used to like getting thrashed a bit..but yeh thanks for opening my dumbass mind and relising that..i feel like a tool haha..and yeh i ask people twice not just one person aswell :D

Why would you say the like to f**k people over ?? Have you been f**k over before by them ?

yes...with wheel balancing...so i have reason :wink:
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Buckled Wheels hmmm?..
Posted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:35 am 
Stock as a Rock
Offline

Age: 25

Posts: 114

Joined: 21st Apr 2010

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: 93 EB xr6

Location: langwarrin
VIC, Australia

FordEb'L'unatic wrote:
eb_dean wrote:
FordEb'L'unatic wrote:
yes well u got a point there..but they are bob jane they do like to try f**k people over :p but yeh didnt think of that haha..was mainly concerned because i just switched over a 3.45 and didnt know about the axels since it was a diff that used to like getting thrashed a bit..but yeh thanks for opening my dumbass mind and relising that..i feel like a tool haha..and yeh i ask people twice not just one person aswell :D

Why would you say the like to f**k people over ?? Have you been f**k over before by them ?

yes...with wheel balancing...so i have reason :wink:

but your first post you say "apparently they are buckled" like you know better than they do. they aren't there to pat wombats, they know wat there talking about. I'm mechanic. you can instantley see a buckled rim. there doing there job and your obvisously not hearing what you want so you say your gettin f**k over.

 

_________________

1993 EB XR6 Factory 5spd-2.5" exhaust w/ dump pipe-Genuine BA XR8 18" wheels-K&N filter-Momo Steering Wheel-Pioneer Head Unit-Sony 12" Sub-Pioneer 600w MonoBlock 4ch Amp- Xplod 6x9's-Superlowed
FOR SALE BA XR8 18" GENIUNE 0433006707

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Buckled Wheels hmmm?..
Posted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:47 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 39

Posts: 843

Joined: 20th Feb 2010

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: AU Fairmont Ghia

Location: Elizibif Norf (Local Spelling!!)
SA, Australia

Could also be your wheel bearings causing the 'Wobble' noise. Just one more thing to check. :)

(edit) Might pay to check the bearings anyway, if you've been driving around on buckled rims or bent axles (whatever the case my be) the vibration won't be doing the bearings any favors.

 

_________________

dc_todd wrote:
Cheap pads squeal like cheap hookers, and you can take that to the bank.


Au Fairmont Ghia
My (Old) 95 EF Wagon

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 13 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:07 pm All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names