Fordmods Logo

bumper paint job? 

Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: bumper paint job?
Posted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 12:19 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: KH Verada Xi

VIC, Australia

how expensive is it to jsut get your bumper respray? for egsample sake.. say EF rear bumper in herritage green? What's the aprox price.

I'm built for luxury, Not speed!

Posted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 12:32 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: Fairmont

WA, Australia

I went and got a quote the other day and I was looking at $250 for the panel beater to remove the bumper and respray white.

That was just a verbal quote when i walked in off the street :)

Posted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 12:36 am 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: BF Falcon SR

WA, Australia

Caviar wrote:
I went and got a quote the other day and I was looking at $250 for the panel beater to remove the bumper and respray white.

That was just a verbal quote when i walked in off the street :)

Where did you get that quote from?

Proud owner of one of very few BF SR manual (June 06 build) :)

Nothing really says thankyou like a dollar in the waistband

[BLEMIN]

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/782173

Posted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 12:37 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

argg.. that sounds expensive for a bit of paint... wonder if it's less when the bumper is already removed :)
ive cracked/scratched mine, and found one for 20 bucks, but it's white.. lol, looking at seeing if its worth while getting it sprayed, if it's gonna be 200+ better off keeping my cracked one :!:

Posted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 12:38 am 
Fordmods Newbie

WA, Australia

That was from Vulcan Panel and Paint in Canning Vale.

Only went to them to find out an idea on cost as I was able to pop in during my lunch break.

Posted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 12:41 am 
Fordmods Newbie

WA, Australia

Righty wrote:
argg.. that sounds expensive for a bit of paint... wonder if it's less when the bumper is already removed :)
ive cracked/scratched mine, and found one for 20 bucks, but it's white.. lol, looking at seeing if its worth while getting it sprayed, if it's gonna be 200+ better off keeping my cracked one :!:

I'm sure it would be less, ~ $50 is them taking it off and putting it back on. I asked how much was it just to fix the single clip that I had lost after an incursion at a petrol station and basically he said it was a $5 clip and that i'd be looking at $50 for the time it takes them to do it.

Posted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 6:41 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: EF Fairmont

SA, Australia

50 buks to RnR a rear EF bar thats expencive if they work on $50hr its only a 25min job.

Posted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 7:10 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: XH Ute

VIC, Australia

i paid $150.00 for full rub back, spray putty, primer then 2pak and only $150.00

The Ute with the Most

Posted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 7:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Damnb those prices sound good, looked up a quote to get front bumper sprayed i was looking at 350! wat a rip

Posted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 7:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF Typhoon

VIC, Australia

Thats nothing, on my green fairlane i got told 750 for respray of rear bumper, it costs so much coz its lwb and has more surface area than a std wheel base; also harder to remove/fit SO THEY SAY, i didnt believe 1 word n just smiled n said good day, hoped in my car with a lil scratch on the rear bumper n drove off with money in the pocket basically.
Id always get as many quotes as you can, doesnt matter if you get too many, but too few and you could easily get ripped if you dont know value of the job.

BF Typhoon, Dejavu - 6sp Auto, Leather, Sunroof, 19"s, Electric Pedals, Tint, FPV Sports Wheel, FPV Mats.

Posted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 9:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

hrmm, even still at 150, too much for ntohing i'm not "really" fussed about. considering ive got to buy the new bumper aswell :P i'll just keep looking for a new one in the same colour!

Posted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 9:36 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Righty wrote:
hrmm, even still at 150, too much for ntohing i'm not "really" fussed about. considering ive got to buy the new bumper aswell :P i'll just keep looking for a new one in the same colour!

Haha, yer i thought the same.
Leave a word at some wreckers that often get similar cars, they will soon get one in.

BF Typhoon, Dejavu - 6sp Auto, Leather, Sunroof, 19"s, Electric Pedals, Tint, FPV Sports Wheel, FPV Mats.

Posted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 9:38 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Daniel wrote:
Righty wrote:

Leave a word at some wreckers that often get similar cars, they will soon get one in.

Even still, wtreckers are fkn expencive! my local tried to con me $88 for ONE rear VS tail light! and then tried to tell me that it's going to sell quickly! I laughed and walked out :P My mate works there though, so i'l see if he can get it for cheap :P
I wish i wasn't stuck with this commodore :( why oh why did my parents not by a falcon!

Posted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 9:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Righty wrote:
Daniel wrote:
Righty wrote:

Even still, wtreckers are fkn expencive! my local tried to con me $88 for ONE rear VS tail light! and then tried to tell me that it's going to sell quickly! I laughed and walked out :P My mate works there though, so i'l see if he can get it for cheap :P
I wish i wasn't stuck with this commodore :( why oh why did my parents not by a falcon!

Nobody ever said wreckers were cheap! :P
Just if you know the right people or know people who know the right people then you can sometimes grab some bargains.
If you are looking for discounts (big ones) then look at new parts that you can get thru someone, they pay s**t all and sell for $,$$$.$$!
My new spoiler should be in this week; only got it cheap coz a mate has the right contacts - of course if i could id repay the favour.
I guess its the way the world works these days, its who ya know not what ya know. Not to mention if you scratch my back ill scratch yours.. :idea: :wink:

Post subject: Re: bumper paint job?
Posted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 6:05 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: Falcon

WA, Australia

I've got a front bumper on an EL of mine thats needs a spray, bumper already off. To spray plus fitting (Gun Metal Grey) all up $200 from a guy here in W.A. in Bibra Lake

Heaps Of Low Down Engine Nox - First On Race Day, 2003 and 2004 (Back to Back)

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 2  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next