Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Post subject: car hit by port noarlunga tornado :( needs ideas
Posted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:57 am 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: AU Fairlane

SA, Australia

hi,
my car was hit by the tornado in port noarlunga a few weeks back and ive fixed the inside (but im still finding glass everywhere lol) and door now its onto the outside.

i was wondering if anyone could give me some names of any reasonably priced painters in adelaide, so far ive been quoted around 5 to 10k and i dont want 2 spend that much, check out my gallery and c the damage, coz i want to fix it up and give it a nice respray but i dont hav thousands 2 spend on 1.

is it worth it or should i buy a new car and put all my mods in it?

any help is greatly appreciated

thanks

Post subject: Re: car hit by port noarlunga tornado :( needs ideas
Posted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:57 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: ED V8

WA, Australia

I'm guessing you don't have any insurance on her??

Sorry to say buddy, but I think you'll be better off going on the hunt for a cheap car in reasonable condition and then transferring all your good bits to that....

Even a basic respray, of a 'reasonable' quality, is going to set you back a few thousand. With all the body work that it looks like your car needs, I would think it's pretty easily add another few G's.

For a car that'd be lucky to be worth that money to begin with, the maths just doesn't add up!!

For that you could get a nice-ish EF or EL, whack your wheels and suspension and any other stuff you want and have a newer car or for less money, get a reasonable EB, ED and do the same thing!

ED XR8 Spri-mitatio-nt

Posted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:10 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EDL Fairmont Wagon/AU XR8 Ghia

NSW, Australia

To me, and correct me if I am wrong, you need to replace the door, bonnet and RH guard. After that a cluster and cleanup would bring it back to reasonable - no? That surely would be far cheaper than buying a car or paint. There are tons of spare panels, dash surrounds and clusters floating around to make it viable, isn't that one of the reasons we play with boxcars in the first place?

If the car is a good runner and has reasonable mileage, that what I would do.

=1994 ED Wagon GLi body/EL Fairmont spec with *ALL* EL running gear.=
Build Thread: viewtopic.php?f=53&t=65695
=1998 EL Futura Sedan - The EF Fairmonts Replacement=
Build Thread: viewtopic.php?f=53&t=106588

Posted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:39 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 21 images

Ride: EL F100 CAPRI XR EF

Power: 234 rwkw

SA, Australia

go for a wander at upi lonsdale, theres a few there that colour. u wont find a bonnet though, unless u want to get it painted. front doors are $99, guards around $70 and bonnets $100.

Posted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: ED V8

WA, Australia

Ummmm..... in second thoughts.... the guys may well be right. :oops:

I was thinking the damage was a bit more widespread than just what was shown in the pictures, but if it's just exchangable panels, then there is nothing stopping you changing them over and bringing her up to good as before. I think you might need a back door too, but hard to tell from the pic if it's just superficial or otherwise. If you can find a good donor car in the same colour then all the better for you. If not then paint should come in under a thousand if you are only going to do the new panels and if you shop around and there is minimal dent repair for them to do.

Looks like the crash pad on above the head light switch might be buggered too...... If so, would be a great opportunity to rip that pov pack dash out and find youself a good fairmont spec dash to replace it...... Gotta love the CC and trip computer!!! :lol:

Sorry for the bum steer before too.... I should pay more attention!

ED XR8 Spri-mitatio-nt

Posted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:10 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: AU Fairlane

SA, Australia

thanks, ive already replaced what i can on the inside like i said so its driving again and the doors but im not sure what i want to do about the rest of the outside, i was thinking do the prep work myself then get it painted but then i wont hav a car 4 a few months

i reckon ill buy a ef or el fairmont preferably manual something that will hold a little more value but i still gotta fix it up so it looks nice enough 2 sell,

heres whats been done: stage 3 street cam, chipped, pace maker extractors, 2.5 inch exhaust with just the one muffler, pedders sports suspension (just bought sum superlows 2 go in the back as well) 18x 8 wheels, full stereo. its putting out around 140rwkw so it beats all those VS commos and VNs :) and some VYs

so if anyone is selling a fairmont let me know,

thanks.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]