Fordmods Logo

Car was Keyed. Any suggestions on how to fix it? 

Page 1 of 2 [ 16 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: Car was Keyed. Any suggestions on how to fix it?
Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:58 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: ED Futura Classic & EF Futura SW

VIC, Australia

Any way the other day my old man went into safeway at about 10:30pm (right when the d**k heads in Sunbury come out) anyway when he came out 15 mins later some one had scratched his front to back. the car was used but looked brand new so the scratch stick out like dogs balls. does anyone know of any products that will try fix or try hide the problem? he try some chick stick thing her got from autobarn but it didnt really fix the prob.
any suggestions would be great.

Thanks.

Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:04 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: BA Falcon Suzy Across

Power: 178 rwkw

VIC, Australia

try some cut an polish, I managed to remove scuff marks on my car with it.

Howver some degenerate prick keyed my back bumper and its so deep i'll have to get it resprayed. I will literally murder the individual if I ever found out.

178.3 rwkw
15.1@96 mph
Now with 3.9 shrooms

Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:08 pm 
Tyre Shredder

VIC, Australia

smiley235 wrote:

Howver some degenerate prick keyed my back bumper and its so deep i'll have to get it resprayed. I will literally murder the individual if I ever found out.

if anyone every f**k my my ford that is just what i'll do to them :twisted: and i think the scratch is very deep so that may be what needs to be done

Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:20 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EL Fairmont, VFR400 racer

Power: 144 rwkw

VIC, Australia

sunbury23 wrote:
smiley235 wrote:

if anyone every f**k my my ford that is just what i'll do to them :twisted: and i think the scratch is very deep so that may be what needs to be done

If it is deep enough to see metal or the primer, I hate to say this, but you would have to get the whole side respray painted for it to completely go away. If the paint job is an easy to blend colour, then you could always ask a panel beater to see if they can patch it up some how.

My car has been keyed on both sides...can't be bothered getting the exterior fixed when someone else is going to go doing s**t.

phong =P~

phongus = Post whore 2006
EL XR6 motor, EL ECU + J3 chip, WADE 1673 Camshaft, 3" S/S intake, Pacy 4480, 2.5" Hi flow cat, 2.5" Lukey exhaust.
Max Power = 144.6 rwkw (03/05/2008)

Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:23 pm 
Tyre Shredder

VIC, Australia

phongus wrote:
sunbury23 wrote:
smiley235 wrote:

If it is deep enough to see metal or the primer, I hate to say this, but you would have to get the whole side respray painted for it to completely go away. If the paint job is an easy to blend colour, then you could always ask a panel beater to see if they can patch it up some how.

My car has been keyed on both sides...can't be bothered getting the exterior fixed when someone else is going to go doing s**t.

phong =P~

yeah it is, and the car is black to it really stick out

Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:49 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: EAII Ghia & AUII Fairmont

VIC, Australia

That sucks. I had some d**k do the same to me just before christmas. I've now got a big keymark down the entire passenger side. Thankfully, with mine being silver, it doesn't stand out as much, but my paint was just about mint. I'd just polished it too :(

1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia
Platinum Silver - 5 speed

EL engine, BBM, SVO wheels, Sprint kit, Scorcher front bar, XR lip, EF handles, mirrors & fuel flap, 2.5" exhaust, pacemaker extractors and high flow cat, serpentine conversion, AU rocker cover, heaps more

Last edited by ea_silver_ghia on Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:54 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EF f a i r m o n t

Power: 315 rwkw

WA, Australia

i had to repray the car when mine got keyed and egged :S

1995 EF Fairmont with all the Gear.

Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: ED Pwnage Pwr!!

SA, Australia

Sorry to hear about that man!

Need to hook up a giant capacitor to the panels and when they go to dig in with the key ZAP! accross the carpark :shock: :lol:

Adelaide Motorplex < Click on it! You know you want too!
ED HP AU XR6, Wade, T5, and all the usual stuff!

Quote:
Thats not the point *a**hole

Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:41 pm 
Tyre Shredder

VIC, Australia

4LEDboy wrote:
Sorry to hear about that man!

Need to hook up a giant capacitor to the panels and when they go to dig in with the key ZAP! accross the carpark :shock: :lol:

lol! i like the way this guy thinks :D

Posted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:05 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Power: 158 rwkw

sad how the world is going! Can't even park ya car these days with some f**k doing something like that!

Posted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:39 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 30 images

Ride: Blown XR8

VIC, Australia

If you're not too sure if the scratch will be able to be fixed without spraying it. Speak to David at Dents Plus. He sanded back and cleaned up my paintwork, when a bird had been pecking at it and scratching the s**t out of it for a few days. Did a great job, and he's always happy to quote anything, and will tell you whether it can or can't be done.
He's in Sussex court, half way down on the right.

Posted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:15 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: Trik'd up EFII XR6

WA, Australia

I know having to pay excesses suck but is insurance an option?

For Sale: 25 Farad Rockford Fosgate Competition Series Carbon Cap, more to come - pm me if interested

Posted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:55 pm 
Tyre Shredder

VIC, Australia

Big Kev wrote:
I know having to pay excesses suck but is insurance an option?

May be, but it prob dont have "f**k Idots" Cover.

Posted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:15 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EB SXR6 | ED XR8 Sprint

NSW, Australia

my car got keyed (more like scratched with a real sharp something!) last week where i park at work, they went around the whole car including boot and bonnet, i was more than p****d, really deep down to bare metal all around, i dont know why, the car park is prone to getting cars damaged there, it def. needs a full respray, lucky i have insurance. it is real sad, we work hard for our money and to drive half decent cars and you get little teenage pricks bored who are on the dole doing nothing all day. my car had good paint before hand too so there really isnt any positives coming out of this (except for maybe removing my rear spoiler during the paint process)

all the popular insurance companies have malicious damage cover, you need a police report though.

anyway good luck with it hope scratches arent too deep.

EB SXR6. ED XR8 Sprint.

Posted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:02 pm 
Tyre Shredder

VIC, Australia

BOSXR8 wrote:
my car got keyed (more like scratched with a real sharp something!) last week where i park at work, they went around the whole car including boot and bonnet, i was more than p****d, really deep down to bare metal all around, i dont know why, the car park is prone to getting cars damaged there, it def. needs a full respray, lucky i have insurance. it is real sad, we work hard for our money and to drive half decent cars and you get little teenage pricks bored who are on the dole doing nothing all day. my car had good paint before hand too so there really isnt any positives coming out of this (except for maybe removing my rear spoiler during the paint process)

all the popular insurance companies have malicious damage cover, you need a police report though.

anyway good luck with it hope scratches arent too deep.

They are deep, so it is a respray job i'd say. but ya got to love it how people have no respect for other peoples cars. what a world we live in :?

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 2  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next