Fordmods Logo

changing door handles 

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Post subject: changing door handles
Posted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 9:53 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: fairmont ED

NSW, Australia

Has anyone changed door handles in a ea-ed?

i got them off at the wrecker and it was Fu*cking hard work! duno how im going to get them on! (btw didn't buy them, wanted 20 bucks each! no thanks)

so has anyone changed them and got any advice for me?

Posted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 10:19 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Falcon EB-s

WA, Australia

Easy as mate, put ef/el handles on my own. Three screws to remove the inner door handle, and disconnect the rod. If doing the drivers door, take the two screws out of the mirror adjuster, disconnect the wires, and put aside. wind the window down, and remove the snipper button (door lock knob thing). remove the screws around the outside of the door. remove the screw out of the window winder. pull the door trim out enough to clear the end of the window winder rod, then lift straight up. They can be quite tight, but it will come eventually. then wind up the window, remove the plastic dust shield, remove the plastic guard aorund the handle, and there will be two bolts to get the exterior handles off. rear doors are mostly the same, but make sure you remove the plastic shroud from aorund the quarter window, and youll more than likely need to remove the central locking actuator to get to the bolts. Its not the easiest job, but totally doable! twenty bucks each isnt bad if theyre in the right colour. ford charge 30 dollars each for the rear door handles (ef) and 35 for the fronts (ef also as el have no door lock on the passenger side) and then around 30 dollars each for paint done professionally.

The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?

Post subject: Re: changing door handles
Posted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 12:46 am 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: Falcon

Power: 113 rwkw

NSW, Australia

jjohnno wrote:
Has anyone changed door handles in a ea-ed?

i got them off at the wrecker and it was Fu*cking hard work! duno how im going to get them on! (btw didn't buy them, wanted 20 bucks each! no thanks)

so has anyone changed them and got any advice for me?

were did you go pick and pay more blacktown ?

BANNED

Posted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 10:07 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: fairmont ED

NSW, Australia

thanks mate, will keep ur advice in mind when i finally get some black door handles (anyone got some?

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]