Fordmods Logo

Clear Tail Lights 

Page 2 of 2 [ 28 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 1:27 pm 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: AU - Turbo

Oustide Australia

Half of the stuff isnt worth it driving lights suck and blind other people. Not so much blind sometimes but its annoying when someone is comming at you with 4 sets of llights pointing in your eyes.. 2 is sufficient.

Tinting tail lights isnt worth it same with things like blue washer jets / blue led parkers you do get pulled over not so much the parkers unless you drive with just them on and not the headlights, but washer jets will get you pulled over a friend had to pay a $75 fine for that.

I got the black au altezza tail lights the first design they look very tinted but are legal as just the chrome is tinted not the actual light. I dont really like them as I saw anoher AU for the first time the other day with them and :? Was that orgonza gold looked terrible my car is a white au so doesn't look as bad but still not cool. I don't wanna put back on the stock lights as the altezzas cost me like $170. There is another much rarer set of black altezza for the au's look very simliar to the monary tail ligths with chrome around each light i think ill try them next.

Also from what Iv heard nobody is making altezza lights for ea-el as there isn't enough market for them. The AU's are getting all the rice gear.

Posted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 1:51 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: PX2 Ranger 4x4 XLT Dual CAB

VIC, Australia

Quote:
say whats everyones opinion on driving lights??

as much as they look kewl, i cannot stand them on the road, theyre so blinding and they do not improve visibility that much other than causing other motorists extreme discomfort.

Fog lights should be pointed down to the road & wired to the park lights and should only used during inclement weather. If they are aimed correctly they should not affect other drivers.

Driving lights must be wire to turn off with high beam and dipped as you would normally do when behind or approaching other traffic.

She's meanness put to music and the b**ch is born to run!
Like the sign says, "speed's just a question of money. How fast can you go?"

Posted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 4:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 1997 Falcon EL Gli/Sleeper

QLD, Australia

djmikey wrote:
i guess some LED tail lights are too much to ask for

Well I have been down that road and what Jaycar sell for LED taillights is crap as you cant only see the brake lightsever so slightly and are farmore inferior in brightness as compared with standard globes. To much of a risk of an idiot ramming your a** to have the LED ones IMO

" In life their is never an Obligation just an Opportunity to..Own an awesome 1970 Ford Mach 1 Mustang! "

Posted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 6:00 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: ED Falcon

QLD, Australia

I agree with that, but what i am after is similar to the LED tail lights found on the new 3 series BMW.

They are extremely bright and clear as.

Posted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 12:35 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF XR6

SA, Australia

Bozz, you have talked me out of the tinted tail lights.
Thanks for sparing me an accident.

Not lost any demerit points

Posted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 7:13 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EB SXR6 | ED XR8 Sprint

NSW, Australia

i have to admit the darker alteza lights on the au look really nice. there is a blue ts50 going around with them. beautiful. the shape of the rear lights really suits it. but lets face it they would look so ugly on the ea/eb/ed. the rear lights are too big to be done in clear or white. just a slight tint or leave them stock standard. they are pretty dark standard anyway.

one thing i am sick of though is seeing those bloody vt commodores with the monaro lights and the stock bloody middle garnish bit!!!! thats just stupid! :?

EB SXR6. ED XR8 Sprint.

Posted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 12:12 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: AU - Turbo

Oustide Australia

I tried them LED tail lights from jay car costed $40 all up. Well couldn't get them to swtich between brake and park lights at all. Then when they where in use they where extremely dull I don't know how they can even sell them. To add to it they don't fit the holder exactly 100% and you can do some damage to the holder. Returned them and got a refund.

I also tried the blue dash mod works good can't see the needles though so that is going as well got 2 red leds to see the needles but it just doesnt look as good as the ba so back to bulds there is some more money gone.

I went to Autobarn yesterday shoudl be called Ricebarn now with those bloddy wheel cover spinners. They want $339 for AU Altezzas !!!!! I got mine $175 and I thought I paid alot I pity the fools who buy them. Also whats with K&N filters they are $140 seems expensive and repco is $160 there would have to be some where you can get them cheaper. Oh lets not talk about phillips head light globes $100 for the 4200k ones they didnt even have the 5000k on the shelf im sure the price scares away too many people.

Posted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 5:11 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

QLD, Australia

BOSXR8 wrote:
one thing i am sick of though is seeing those bloody vt commodores with the monaro lights and the stock bloody middle garnish bit!!!! thats just stupid! :?

I AGREE!! I always see this and it annoys the f**k hell out of me! jesus christ how much could it possibly cost to get a f**k VX garnish! :evil: :evil: :evil:

:?

Posted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 6:30 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF Falcon 95

VIC, Australia

personally i am sick of 6 cylinder VT's with massive exhausts, clear tail lights, and the owners who think their car will runs 2 seconds quicker with their performance mods. oh and dont forget the K&N pod, they reduces times by a further 1 second.. f**k spanners.

Cougar Zero makes my pants fit nice.

Posted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 1:01 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

QLD, Australia

I swear that the next time I get blinded in the middle of the day by some d***head with fog lights or driving lights or whatever they are (little bastards down near the bottom edge of front spoiler) I'm gonna ram the f**k off the road and beat him to a bloody pulp with my jack handle!!!!

Sold the Greenmachine - now driving 2015 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk.

Posted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 8:12 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 1997 Falcon EL Gli/Sleeper

QLD, Australia

Greenmachine wrote:
I swear that the next time I get blinded in the middle of the day by some d***head with fog lights or driving lights or whatever they are (little bastards down near the bottom edge of front spoiler) I'm gonna ram the f**k off the road and beat him to a bloody pulp with my jack handle!!!!

Another THREAD MINER at work LOL

" In life their is never an Obligation just an Opportunity to..Own an awesome 1970 Ford Mach 1 Mustang! "

Posted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 11:20 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

QLD, Australia

Aaarrgh!! Yeah, sorry about that - I was doing a search and didn't think to check the date on what I was reading (red face here).

Sold the Greenmachine - now driving 2015 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk.

Posted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 3:35 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: EL Futura

SA, Australia

Bozz wrote:
I hope you people with tinted tail lights aren't paying for insurance. I would be saving my money to pay out on the legal costs and damages to the victim if somebody runs into you. Tinting doubly reduces the reflectiveness of the builtin reflector as light has to travel into the taillight assembly then back out again. Its not just emission of light, its entrance and re-emission. This is why many of those stupid ricey tailights are illegal, simply because they have an inadequate reflector.

Insurance takes a very clear stand on illegally modified tail/brake lights. Willfully altered lights to reduce or alter brightness will often result in a claim being refused, even if somebody has run into you, making you liable as you have hindered the ability of others to see your lights. You can get very shafted even if the accident is entirely not your fault.

I've seen it happen, seen a person go bankrupt because somebody ran into him (in an EA) and he couldn't afford the five figure sums to pay for the legal costs and injury to the party that ran into him.

Nevermind the fact it makes you look like a retard either.... Do you really want to take the risk of this, let alone looking stupid with tinted lights?

Here here!

Tinted tail lights are illegal, and the insurance company will tear up your policy. And they look as bad as ricer lights IMHO.

I'm thinking of putting EF tail lights in my EL, for the clear indicators, as my front and side indicators are clear.

5 Speed EL Futura
Stock as a rock*
A1 Oils - Synthetic lubricants: www.a1oils.com.au
* A rock that has been Alted

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2