Fordmods Logo

Custom Aggressor Bonnet 

 

Page 3 of 3 [ 43 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

 
Posted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 4:21 pm 
Stock as a Rock
Offline

Age: 68

Posts: 168

Joined: 22nd Nov 2005

Ride: FPV Super Pursuit

Location: Glenmore Park
NSW, Australia

blinkAU wrote:
The bonnet looks ok but I think without the bulge would look alot better the bulge kinda makes the fins look like fish gills.

I have seen the car at the gold coat all ford day and it looked alot nicer in real life. I must say though I reckon having a typhoon as the show vehicle would be alot better the other car has too many colours which makes it hard to guage what it would look like on just a one colour car.

Its good your trying though, its easy to criticize but I doubt many people could make something like that.


Thanks for your comments - had to make a bonnet with the bulge as I own a car that has the bulge - by making the Aggressor Bonnet with the bulge makes it suitable for all Ford Falcon body Styles - if I had not put the bulge into the design anyone with a Boss engine would have not been able to order the bonnet - thus limiting the market and it is way too expensive to make 2 bonnets -

There is an image on my website with the Typoon with a the bonnet on it - it is one colour - again it is what you like yourself - I was not about to trade in my Super Pursuit for a Typhoon. Like everything - when you see it in the flesh, it is quite different from the images you see on the website.

Ciao - James

 

_________________

BA Super Pursuit - Aggressor Bonnet & Front Bar -Rear Entertainment Unit - 33" TV - Custom Interior - Reverse Camera - 2 tone HOK Paint - Advanti Rims - 20x8.5" front - 20x10" rear - 20x10" Custom Trailer - Winner Ute of the Year Deni Ute Muster 2008

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 5:16 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 31

Posts: 11103

Joined: 15th Nov 2004

Ride: AU III XR8 Pursuit 250 ute

Location: Hobart
TAS, Australia

SP021 wrote:
If you have any good design ideas for the EF email me the details or get a mate to do you a photochop and I will have a look at it. If it is viable we could manufacture them - the cost to produce the moulds and plugs is quite expensive and another way we could look at it is if we were to get enough interest in it we could look at doing a group buy - this group buy would have to have significant involvment to make the bonnet affordable.

Be interesting to see what you or others can come up with in design.

You can email me at - james@booknow.tv

I'm not after anything fancy, all I want is a carbon fibre replica of the EF bonnet with a BA/BF style bulge. Pretty plain, but would be rad as!

 

_________________

Heaps of performance EF/L parts for sale, including supercharged VCT motor!

2002 Ford AU Series III Falcon XR8 Pursuit 250 ute - 5.6L of V8 Windsor!

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 7:11 pm 
Stock as a Rock
Offline

Age: 68

Posts: 168

Joined: 22nd Nov 2005

Ride: FPV Super Pursuit

Location: Glenmore Park
NSW, Australia

twr7cx wrote:
SP021 wrote:
If you have any good design ideas for the EF email me the details or get a mate to do you a photochop and I will have a look at it. If it is viable we could manufacture them - the cost to produce the moulds and plugs is quite expensive and another way we could look at it is if we were to get enough interest in it we could look at doing a group buy - this group buy would have to have significant involvment to make the bonnet affordable.

Be interesting to see what you or others can come up with in design.

You can email me at - james@booknow.tv

I'm not after anything fancy, all I want is a carbon fibre replica of the EF bonnet with a BA/BF style bulge. Pretty plain, but would be rad as!


Thanks for the reply - I think AWC are doing some different bonnets - not too sure if they do anything for the EF - you can view what they have on their website. They also do carbon fibre products whereas we are not as yet set up to do so.

Ciao - James

 

_________________

BA Super Pursuit - Aggressor Bonnet & Front Bar -Rear Entertainment Unit - 33" TV - Custom Interior - Reverse Camera - 2 tone HOK Paint - Advanti Rims - 20x8.5" front - 20x10" rear - 20x10" Custom Trailer - Winner Ute of the Year Deni Ute Muster 2008

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 7:47 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 31

Posts: 11103

Joined: 15th Nov 2004

Ride: AU III XR8 Pursuit 250 ute

Location: Hobart
TAS, Australia

SP021 wrote:
twr7cx wrote:
SP021 wrote:
If you have any good design ideas for the EF email me the details or get a mate to do you a photochop and I will have a look at it. If it is viable we could manufacture them - the cost to produce the moulds and plugs is quite expensive and another way we could look at it is if we were to get enough interest in it we could look at doing a group buy - this group buy would have to have significant involvment to make the bonnet affordable.

Be interesting to see what you or others can come up with in design.

You can email me at - james@booknow.tv

I'm not after anything fancy, all I want is a carbon fibre replica of the EF bonnet with a BA/BF style bulge. Pretty plain, but would be rad as!


Thanks for the reply - I think AWC are doing some different bonnets - not too sure if they do anything for the EF - you can view what they have on their website. They also do carbon fibre products whereas we are not as yet set up to do so.

Ciao - James


THere not planning on doing anything pre-AU. Reckon it'd be over $20,000.00 in development costs. Queer considering I've had quotes for a once off carbon fibre one done for $3,000.00 - I find it hard to believe an established company with experience would find it to cost so much more... Ah well.

 

_________________

Heaps of performance EF/L parts for sale, including supercharged VCT motor!

2002 Ford AU Series III Falcon XR8 Pursuit 250 ute - 5.6L of V8 Windsor!

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 7:50 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 29

Posts: 1209

Joined: 28th May 2006

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: slammed EL

Power: 120 rwkw

Location: Adelaide
SA, Australia

search AWC on google and click on the link to ford forums....

 

_________________

Ford Motor Company
FoMoCo

Holden Motor Company
HoMoCo

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 8:00 pm 
Stock as a Rock
Offline

Age: 68

Posts: 168

Joined: 22nd Nov 2005

Ride: FPV Super Pursuit

Location: Glenmore Park
NSW, Australia

twr7cx wrote:
SP021 wrote:
twr7cx wrote:
SP021 wrote:
If you have any good design ideas for the EF email me the details or get a mate to do you a photochop and I will have a look at it. If it is viable we could manufacture them - the cost to produce the moulds and plugs is quite expensive and another way we could look at it is if we were to get enough interest in it we could look at doing a group buy - this group buy would have to have significant involvment to make the bonnet affordable.

Be interesting to see what you or others can come up with in design.

You can email me at - james@booknow.tv

I'm not after anything fancy, all I want is a carbon fibre replica of the EF bonnet with a BA/BF style bulge. Pretty plain, but would be rad as!


Thanks for the reply - I think AWC are doing some different bonnets - not too sure if they do anything for the EF - you can view what they have on their website. They also do carbon fibre products whereas we are not as yet set up to do so.

Ciao - James


THere not planning on doing anything pre-AU. Reckon it'd be over $20,000.00 in development costs. Queer considering I've had quotes for a once off carbon fibre one done for $3,000.00 - I find it hard to believe an established company with experience would find it to cost so much more... Ah well.


New management have taken out AWC - since they started a few weeks ago their new Drift Bonnet was around $800 and all of a sudden it is now $1250.00 - Their Drift bonnet has nowhere the detail and work that the Aggressor has and I only sell the Aggressor for $1295.00. I have purposely kept the price of the Aggressor Bonnets down to try and make it accessible to everyone.

Can't see where their costs would come in at $20,000 as they already have the team in place with all of their other products they manufacture. My costs were not even that to start up our company and we had to start from scratch - we are looking at around $5000 - $6000 to design and manufacture a bonnet for the VE Commordore in the next six months.

Ciao - James

 

_________________

BA Super Pursuit - Aggressor Bonnet & Front Bar -Rear Entertainment Unit - 33" TV - Custom Interior - Reverse Camera - 2 tone HOK Paint - Advanti Rims - 20x8.5" front - 20x10" rear - 20x10" Custom Trailer - Winner Ute of the Year Deni Ute Muster 2008

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 8:59 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 43

Posts: 568

Joined: 15th Jan 2005

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: EF GLi (V8)

Location: Sale
VIC, Australia

hey James, what's the chances of getting a fibreglass, or whatever you make them out of, bonnet for an EF with a shaker hole in it, and another question, where exactly to position the shaker hole, I'd like someone to make the decision and the bonnet for me :?

 

_________________

former FORD V8 owner :(
MAY THE FORDS BE WITH YOU

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 9:13 pm 
Stock as a Rock
Offline

Age: 68

Posts: 168

Joined: 22nd Nov 2005

Ride: FPV Super Pursuit

Location: Glenmore Park
NSW, Australia

znipa-x wrote:
hey James, what's the chances of getting a fibreglass, or whatever you make them out of, bonnet for an EF with a shaker hole in it, and another question, where exactly to position the shaker hole, I'd like someone to make the decision and the bonnet for me :?


I would have to get our guy to do a quote on making the original bonnet - you then have to make a plug and mould for the bonnet - this is where the cost comes in. The position of the hole for the shaker inclusion would depend on where the shaker is placed and the dimensions of the shaker. Measurements would need to be taken to get the exact fitting. Where is Salamander Bay from Sydney?


Ciao - James

 

_________________

BA Super Pursuit - Aggressor Bonnet & Front Bar -Rear Entertainment Unit - 33" TV - Custom Interior - Reverse Camera - 2 tone HOK Paint - Advanti Rims - 20x8.5" front - 20x10" rear - 20x10" Custom Trailer - Winner Ute of the Year Deni Ute Muster 2008

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 9:17 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 33

Posts: 2058

Joined: 25th May 2006

Ride: ef xr8

Power: 229 rwkw

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

After the DRIFT6 came out every one was going nuts over the bonnet.

Good to see your filling the hole. :o

 

_________________

Because of Beer, Thirst is a Beautiful Thing!

'95 EF XR8 auto, Advance headers, 3" exhaust, Cobra manifold, BBK 75mm throttle body , 80MM Marauder MAF, Vortech V2 T Trim , 307 rwhp, 405 ft/lb 13.2 @ 105 MPH

Now N/A (permanent Lag) - AFR 165's, Comp XE270 cam, 1.6 RR - 269 rwhp 14.1 @ 102mph.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 9:29 pm 
Stock as a Rock
Offline

Age: 68

Posts: 168

Joined: 22nd Nov 2005

Ride: FPV Super Pursuit

Location: Glenmore Park
NSW, Australia

schnoods wrote:
After the DRIFT6 came out every one was going nuts over the bonnet.

Good to see your filling the hole. :o


I was interested in doing a bonnet when I first saw the Drift bonnet but it did not get me real excited - it looked like just some holes cut into an ordinary bonnet - each to their own. I thought that if I was going to do a bonnet, the first criteria was that I personally had to like it and it had to be aggressive to suit the car - hence the name - Aggressor - I also had some comments from Turbo owners about the heat in the engine bay so I also took this into account when designing the bonnet - it is not just a cosmetic bonnet it is a working bonnet assisting in the dispersion of heat from the engine bay. Naturally, it is not to everyones taste, but I decided to make it available at a reasonable cost to anyone else who wanted to have a bonnet which was not just a copy of a production bonnet.

I had the car on show at The Entrance today and the number of people standing around my car was unbelievable - the positive feedback on the car as a whole was worth the effort that I have put into all aspects of the car including the interior, the paint job, the wheels and the bonnet -

A couple of Mustang owners travelling up the freeway came over and told me that the car just looked awesome travelling down the road.

Consensus - 95% loved the car - 5% were Holden owners

Ciao - James

 

_________________

BA Super Pursuit - Aggressor Bonnet & Front Bar -Rear Entertainment Unit - 33" TV - Custom Interior - Reverse Camera - 2 tone HOK Paint - Advanti Rims - 20x8.5" front - 20x10" rear - 20x10" Custom Trailer - Winner Ute of the Year Deni Ute Muster 2008

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 2:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 31

Posts: 4946

Joined: 15th Nov 2004

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: Trik'd up EFII XR6

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

Congrats on all the hard work James IMO its one of the hottest bonnets out there...looks s**t hot - id loveo ne on the XR.

 

_________________

For Sale: 25 Farad Rockford Fosgate Competition Series Carbon Cap, more to come - pm me if interested

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 3:44 pm 
Stock as a Rock
Offline

Age: 68

Posts: 168

Joined: 22nd Nov 2005

Ride: FPV Super Pursuit

Location: Glenmore Park
NSW, Australia

Big Kev wrote:
Congrats on all the hard work James IMO its one of the hottest bonnets out there...looks s**t hot - id loveo ne on the XR.


Thanks Big Kev - the first shipment of bonnets are due in W.A. in about 3 weeks - you should go over and have a look - contact is Brendon at The Ute Shed - he is getting 4 Aggressor Bonnets and 1 Aggressor Shaker Bonnet.

Looks as though we might have a distributor in NZ - a guy had ordered one for Pukekoe for the V8 Supercars in April. He has put a listing on a site in NZ and has had 157 visits already and it has only been up a day.

The bonnets are now starting to tickle into the market and we are getting excellent feedback.

Regards and thanks for your comments

James

 

_________________

BA Super Pursuit - Aggressor Bonnet & Front Bar -Rear Entertainment Unit - 33" TV - Custom Interior - Reverse Camera - 2 tone HOK Paint - Advanti Rims - 20x8.5" front - 20x10" rear - 20x10" Custom Trailer - Winner Ute of the Year Deni Ute Muster 2008

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 9:58 pm 
Smokin em up
Offline

Age: 28

Posts: 252

Joined: 31st Mar 2006

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: EF Futura

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

That thing is NUT'S!, the whole thing paint, bonnet, wheels thats a job well done

 

_________________

Rehab is for quitters !

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 3 of 3  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 16 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:26 pm All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names