Fordmods Logo

Custom trailer for Super Pursuit 

Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

Post subject: Custom trailer for Super Pursuit
Posted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 6:17 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: FPV Super Pursuit

NSW, Australia

Hi Guys, well can't do anymore mods to the Super Pursuit so have started on a new trailer for the car.

Based on a BA Tub the trailer will have a FPV Super Pursuit Body Kit with a FPV bulge Hard lid.

Fitted with Koya 20' Chrome wheels to match the car.

Custom paint job by AA Panel Craft - to match the car - HOK Kandy Tangerine over Silhouette.

Have not made up my mind yet as to the front of the trailer - want to get away from checkerplate so am looking at some really neat Pattern Stainless Steel sheeting -

Have gone for a trailer as the the car fitted with the canopy and all of the rear entertainment centre does not really let me carry much gear and could also damage the interior trim.

Hope to have the trailer finished by the end of January/ early February.

By the way, my Super Pursuit is featured in an article in Aussie Utes Magazine (latest issue ) Jan/Feb 2007.

Would take this time to wish all the members a Merry Christmas and all the best for 2007.

Ciao - James

BA Super Pursuit - Aggressor Bonnet & Front Bar -Rear Entertainment Unit - 33" TV - Custom Interior - Reverse Camera - 2 tone HOK Paint - Advanti Rims - 20x8.5" front - 20x10" rear - 20x10" Custom Trailer - Winner Ute of the Year Deni Ute Muster 2008

Posted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 8:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: WRX

Power: 132 rwkw

VIC, Australia

if it looks half as good as the ute mate, itll be a f**k sexy trailer :P

good luck with it

Car Killer.

Post subject: Re: Custom trailer for Super Pursuit
Posted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 8:17 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: 98 Patrol

QLD, Australia

SP021 wrote:
Hi Guys, well can't do anymore mods to the Super Pursuit so have started on a new trailer for the car.

Based on a BA Tub the trailer will have a FPV Super Pursuit Body Kit with a FPV bulge Hard lid.

Fitted with Koya 20' Chrome wheels to match the car.

Custom paint job by AA Panel Craft - to match the car - HOK Kandy Tangerine over Silhouette.

Have not made up my mind yet as to the front of the trailer - want to get away from checkerplate so am looking at some really neat Pattern Stainless Steel sheeting -

Have gone for a trailer as the the car fitted with the canopy and all of the rear entertainment centre does not really let me carry much gear and could also damage the interior trim.

Hope to have the trailer finished by the end of January/ early February.

By the way, my Super Pursuit is featured in an article in Aussie Utes Magazine (latest issue ) Jan/Feb 2007.

Would take this time to wish all the members a Merry Christmas and all the best for 2007.

Ciao - James

Good luck with it... sounds great... Post them up wen done or even updates of the build... and Merry Christmas to u 2.

Posted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 11:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: Territory TX AWD & AUII XLS EGAS

NSW, Australia

I'll try and dig up the details of the place that we went to that made up the club trailer.

Worked out to be about $600 to make up the base trailer (plus rego though) ... needed to supply the wheels ... but you are look at the Koyas anyway.

The place was in the St Mary's industrial area ... can't remember the street it was in though .... so it's not too far from you. Adam got his one done there to match his ute.

04 Territory TX AWD - Winter White - optioned up
06 Falcon BFII XLS ute EGAS - Winter White - EGA-54D Version 2

Posted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 5:01 am 
Stock as a Rock

NSW, Australia

Mechan1k wrote:
I'll try and dig up the details of the place that we went to that made up the club trailer.

Worked out to be about $600 to make up the base trailer (plus rego though) ... needed to supply the wheels ... but you are look at the Koyas anyway.

The place was in the St Mary's industrial area ... can't remember the street it was in though .... so it's not too far from you. Adam got his one done there to match his ute.

Hi - I already have the trailer - I purchased it off Adam - I just have to add the hardlid, wheels, custom paint, plating for the front. Had the towbar put on at Carasel Towbars yesterday - pretty neat job - a lot of people remove their towbars but I don't think it looks ugly so I might just leave it on there at all times.

Had a look at some alloy sheeting yesterday - might be a bit thin though to do the job - most of the sheets were only 0.6 gauge - will probably go for a drive to Gosford today to look at some stainless steel pattern sheets - I think I would need at least a gauge of 1.5 - 2.00 to do the job. Some pretty nice sheets available but I am told that they may marked easily - as I am only going to use the trailer for shows it may not matter that much as I won't be abusing the trailer.

Ciao - James

BA Super Pursuit - Aggressor Bonnet & Front Bar -Rear Entertainment Unit - 33" TV - Custom Interior - Reverse Camera - 2 tone HOK Paint - Advanti Rims - 20x8.5" front - 20x10" rear - 20x10" Custom Trailer - Winner Ute of the Year Deni Ute Muster 2008

Posted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 5:04 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: Territory TX AWD & AUII XLS EGAS

NSW, Australia

aaahhh .... I was wondering what Adam was going to do with his trailer since he sold his ute.

04 Territory TX AWD - Winter White - optioned up
06 Falcon BFII XLS ute EGAS - Winter White - EGA-54D Version 2

Posted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 11:21 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: EL XR6

VIC, Australia

nice idea!! it will be like all those mini club people who have half minis as trailers - they do look good if done the right way!! So good luck with it all!!

Posted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 3:08 pm 
Stock as a Rock

NSW, Australia

Thanks guys - just got from Gosford where I was looking at some stainless steel sheets for the front of the trailer - everyone that I have seen has been done in checkerplate so I wanted to keep away from it.

Absolutely blew my mind looking at what is available - the patterns, the colours you can get were just awesome.

I ended up getting a pattern called Pagoda and it will have a bronze finish to match up the the HOK Kandy Tangerine paint on the car. Not the cheapest thing on the market but certainly different and will make the car that little bit more individual.

Anyone interested in having a look at some of this stainless steel sheeting you just go to

http://www.rimexmetals.com/products-patterned.htm

and speak to Michaela - lovely lady and very helpful

Ciao - James

Posted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:03 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: XR6

NSW, Australia

Hey James ever thought of making a fibreglass front for it just something to think about

Posted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:17 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 34 images

Ride: BF MK11 XR 6 TURBO ZF 6spd

Power: 225 rwkw

NSW, Australia

hey james! :) ... have seen your car many times amd had my fairmont at some of the shows you've attended too... if your trailer is half as good as your ute.. it will look awesome!... so were all going to see it at the "All ford day -sydney right? :wink:

Posted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:39 pm 
Stock as a Rock

NSW, Australia

Grumblexr6 wrote:
Hey James ever thought of making a fibreglass front for it just something to think about

Have already approached the idea - the guy who makes my bonnet will do a custom front for the trailer at a later date - he has too much on his plate at the moment and could not even look at it for another 3 months plus - I need something done ready for the show circuit beginning in January so that is why I am having the front done in the sheet metal. Could have had some artistic forming done with the sheet metal but time is the problem. Had to do something with it to make it show worthy in the interim.

Ciao - James

Posted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:42 pm 
Stock as a Rock

NSW, Australia

fordfreak ef wrote:
hey james! :) ... have seen your car many times amd had my fairmont at some of the shows you've attended too... if your trailer is half as good as your ute.. it will look awesome!... so were all going to see it at the "All ford day -sydney right? :wink:

Hi - next time you see me at a show, come over and introduce yourself so I can put a face to your ride. Will be at the AFD and am heading off to Melbourne for the Geelong AFD in February - they had over 2200 Fords at the show last year so am looking forward to the trip.

Ciao - James

Posted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:47 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

SP021 wrote:
fordfreak ef wrote:

Hi - next time you see me at a show, come over and introduce yourself so I can put a face to your ride. Will be at the AFD and am heading off to Melbourne for the Geelong AFD in February - they had over 2200 Fords at the show last year so am looking forward to the trip.

Ciao - James
lol youve met me heaps.. lol.. at the "mean fiddler".. talked to you at the last "All ford day sydney".. and was there at the canberra all ford day.. catching up on the latest mods with your ride and to have a chat... oh,also the wagga "all ford day too".. :lol:

Posted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 10:39 pm 
Stock as a Rock

NSW, Australia

fordfreak ef wrote:
SP021 wrote:
fordfreak ef wrote:

Ciao - James
lol youve met me heaps.. lol.. at the "mean fiddler".. talked to you at the last "All ford day sydney".. and was there at the canberra all ford day.. catching up on the latest mods with your ride and to have a chat... oh,also the wagga "all ford day too".. :lol:

Pardon my dementure - my apologies - happens with age.

Ciao - James

Posted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 12:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

SP021 wrote:
fordfreak ef wrote:
SP021 wrote:
fordfreak ef wrote:

Ciao - James

Pardon my dementure - my apologies - happens with age.

Ciao - James
lol.. no worries.. i enter and go to alot of car shows.. even for me i havee trouble with names. lol.. must be a nightmare for you lol..

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 15 posts ]