Fordmods Logo

Damage + Exterior Progress Thread (BODYKIT ON) 

Page 2 of 3 [ 38 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 2:39 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: EB S pack

VIC, Australia

After reading your write up about a large dog/small cow I didnt expect the damage to be that bad! If it was a wombat, that might explain it. They are usually solid animals. Hopefully you can get it back looking better then ever!

Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 6:05 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: 3x Toranas

SA, Australia

hehe yeah hope so :)... Picking up my body kit in 20 minutes. :)
The gt front bar I got was so dodgy and thin and weak and poorly made/ crack and very poorly finished. It also took 3 weeks to arrive from Melbourne! what a waste of time and money! It didn't even arrive as a GLI one, he gave me the fairmont one!!... now i'm getting the whole kit, from a guy 10 mins up the road (same suburb) who bought the kit off brand new from the original Peter Haines... So it should be very decent quality... $800 too :)

Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 6:57 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

sorry to hear about your loss hope the front bar goes nicely

Your all a bunch of f**k Heads delete this f**k account stupid useless C*** who run this site cant even sell something useless wankers

Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 7:40 pm 
Stock as a Rock

SA, Australia

I bought the kit today after work. $800 for a never before fitted, complete GT bodykit! And Peter Haines Registered Design too, made by him, not cheap immitations like the one I bought first!! Once the car is back from the mechanics and ready to go to the crash shop, i'll get the kit (or parts of it) fitted.

Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 2:24 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: EB S pack

VIC, Australia

Wow sounds like you got a good deal with the kit. Make sure you post pics when its on :P

Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 6:04 pm 
Stock as a Rock

SA, Australia

EB Barbie. wrote:
Wow sounds like you got a good deal with the kit. Make sure you post pics when its on :P

haha! of course! I'd be mad not to!

Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 6:15 pm 
Stock as a Rock

SA, Australia

I went and saw my car today. The mechanic (misseses stepdad) was glad to see me, and showed me the pile of trash that was once the front of my car and engine parts, hehe.
It wasn't bad as what I had thought. He showed me the bumper bar, yeah cracked and broken, no good. The thermo fans were damaged and yeah no good also. The water pump was quite rooted. The airconditioning 'CONDENSER' (the front radiator looking thing) was completely screwed, had no gas left in it. (I thought it was the compressor, but it wasn't, poor communication :P haha). The front right headlight had all broken brackets and indicator were screwed, so he got me a PERFECT condition 2nd hand one, completely clear! Now my other headlight that I restored looks s**t compared to it hehe. Plus also a shredded serpentine belt, and new pulley (because the car was minus a pulley, it must of fell out the car).
All the above I mentioned were replaced with brand new, or A1 condition 2nd hand parts.

The car was sitting there minus a front bar and bumper (will get replaced when it gets taken to the crash/ paint shop. A very good friend of the mechanic. My car was also there with the pump running, getting regassed, so this summer, i'll have nice and cool air con :):).

I'll keep you's posted, It's going to go to the shop sometime this week, to get the bumper bar fitted and the body kit. Look forward to that!

Posted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 10:07 am 
Stock as a Rock

SA, Australia

Well, yesterday I picked up my EF from the mechanics, drove it home. Loaded up the bodykit, drove it to the paint shop.
Mind you I was getting looks as all they see is this white EF, with no front bumper, and a guy in the drivers seat surrounded by fibreglass, was funny as.

So I showed the panel beater/ painter what needs to be done. He is going to straighten out the panel where the headlight was actually pushed in, fit the body kit, and paint it. So don't know when I am going to get it back, but I am quite excited none the less. Then i'll have pics pics pics!

Posted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 10:15 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA XT, BA XR6T, ED Ghia 5.0

WA, Australia

I hit a joey in my XR6T once. Thankfully it was only a joey so the damage was pretty limited and the car didn't really have any noticable damage. However it was enough to crack one of the radiator tanks (stupid cheap plastic crap :() and leave me stranded 50kms from the nearest servo and 200km from the nearest town, with the only signs of civilisation between those two points the highway and rest stop every now and then.

What's the difference between a Holden and a sheep? It's less embarrasing getting out of the back of a sheep..

Posted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 10:12 pm 
Stock as a Rock

SA, Australia

ouch! I can't justify hitting an animal on a high way in that car! Geezus.. Lucky you got off quite easily!

Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:19 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: Falcon XR6

QLD, Australia

i had an elderly lady reverse into the front of my car on an entrance ramp to a shopping centre car park. luckily the little kia she was driving only bent the number plate, funnily enough the mob id bought the car off had messed up the rego swap, and for some reason made a new one for me, so i got new plates 2 days later

Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 6:34 pm 
Stock as a Rock

SA, Australia

My car is ready to be picked up tomorrow morning! Awesome!!

I did forget to tell the panel beater about the front right guard. From the force of the hit, it slighly bent inwards. Which made a flex point on the guard above the tyre (and when guards + paint flex's, it cracks and flakes). So I wanted that fixed. But he is a professional and noticed it and fixed it while he was there.. sweeeet.

I'll definately post some pics up tomorrow after work of it all completed.
I shall also let you know about what had to be done. Obviously the body kit was fitted, but he did do a bit of straightening and bought new crash bar and brackets to hold the crash bar in, and put brackets on the front bar, and rear bar.

Then some other time this week, i'll book the car in for the new wheel and tyre package I have bought for it.

Post subject: good to have her back
Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:48 pm 
Stock as a Rock

SA, Australia

My car has returned! Here she is... Mind you, I haven't buffed it or washed it yet, so the bodykit it shinier and brighter than the rest of the car. But i'll give the paint about 2 weeks to dry to settle in before I buff it.

The new wheels are about 3 or 4 days away too.

Attachments:
Returned from paint shop (11).JPG
Returned from paint shop (11).JPG [ 244.34 KiB | Viewed 143 times ]
Returned from paint shop (7).JPG
Returned from paint shop (7).JPG [ 196.25 KiB | Viewed 152 times ]
Returned from paint shop (5).JPG
Returned from paint shop (5).JPG [ 195.55 KiB | Viewed 151 times ]
Returned from paint shop (2).JPG
Returned from paint shop (2).JPG [ 232.08 KiB | Viewed 151 times ]
Returned from paint shop (4).JPG
Returned from paint shop (4).JPG [ 192.33 KiB | Viewed 144 times ]

Posted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 2:16 pm 
Stock as a Rock

SA, Australia

Got my mags fitted today.. heres a pic of her... a dirty pic of her....

Attachments:
7.12.07 Mags (dirty).JPG
7.12.07 Mags (dirty).JPG [ 153.05 KiB | Viewed 153 times ]

Post subject: Re:
Posted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 10:56 am 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 14 images

Ride: EL XR6

SA, Australia

Nice wheels, what are they? Koya's? You sould either remove your spoiler or get an EL GT one also, and colour code your black stripes and maybe even tint the windows but it looks smick mate

1996 EL XR8, Dynamic White, 18inch Simmons Wheels, Lowered all round with pedders shocks and springs, Clear tail lights and clear side repeaters

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 3  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next