Fordmods Logo

damaged paintwork thanks to egging. 

Page 1 of 2 [ 28 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: damaged paintwork thanks to egging.
Posted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 3:52 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: EL II XR8

Power: 146 rwkw

SA, Australia

Tonight out the front of work, my car was egged thanks to some morons with very small penis's and no respect for anybody else, anyway the egg was washed off no worries but it seems theyv'e by hand mashed 2 eggs onto my bonnet scratching right thru to metal as the pictures below will show.

My question is how and can I fix this without a full bonnet respray?
Or is there nothing else I can do ?

EL II XR8 - project powerdyne.
www.modfordclub.proboards101.com
www.mumbo.com.au

Posted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 4:30 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: 2008 WQ Fiesta XR4

SA, Australia

They don't have to hand mash them to do that damage, just throwing an egg at a car causes it.
I think that will need respraying, won't be able to cut the paint back as its gone through the colour.

2008 WQ Fiesta XR4
2007 LS Focus CL

Posted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 4:34 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: '95 EF's

WA, Australia

i had the same done to my old EA - with the exact same result on my paintwork, except the car was a s**t so it didn't matter - but not cool dude! :x

R.I.P. Scotty

Posted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 4:35 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 24 images

Ride: BF MKII XR6 Turbo

SA, Australia

Yeah it will have to be cutback and resprayed for sure, if the damage is bad. Some punk kid did that to my beautiful Monza Red XF a couple of years ago!!! :x I just got some Paint Doctor on it thou and it cleared up pretty nicely.

Image -BF MKII XR6 Turbo in EGO-

Posted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 4:58 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF Typhoon

VIC, Australia

Thats just the result of any normal egging.. happened on the cnr of boot on my old car, had to get resprayed..

For my own peace of mind, i have to ask do u know the tw*ts who did this or get chance to go after them?

I had a mostly empty drink can thrown out at my car the other day, did a u'turn over a median strip n went after them, at time figured my bonnet was dented - was highly p****d!
So lucky i got caught at a red light or the blue bmw that it came from would have had some damage to repair if i got his plates!
To my suprise, no damge as result of can, washed drink off right away - sill upset about it tho.

On way back from an ALL FORD DAY in Albury cruise with the group in what 2004? i had a full drink can thrown at front of my car on princess hwy in st kilda, hit my bumper n chipped paint - i got worst luck with drink cans aye.. :evil: :!:

BF Typhoon, Dejavu - 6sp Auto, Leather, Sunroof, 19"s, Electric Pedals, Tint, FPV Sports Wheel, FPV Mats.

Posted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 5:11 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: EFII Fairmont

WA, Australia

Yeah that's bad news from both of you. EFWIKD6, f**k were most likely jealous of that car mate, looks like it is absolutely mint otherwise.
What a wasteful bit of destruction going after other peoples pride and joy like that. That is the type of disgusting human trait that can put us below par to that of the animal. :evil:

Posted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 5:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: EF Falcon

QLD, Australia

some one did this to my car a omnth or two ago, made two marks on the drivers c pillar and one on the door.

and i know who did it... and one of them lives at the end of my street. i am still having to restrain myself from doing something back.

cant lower myself to his level

Nicco's M112 Blown, T-56 equipped EF
forums/viewtopic.php?t=68319

Posted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 10:32 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: ef fairmont ghia

SA, Australia

where in sa are you. i know someone down south who can do repairs like this very cheap and a good job too.

Sometimes when you do something right, people wont be sure you've done anything at all. (Futurama, Episode - Godfellows)

Posted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 3:53 pm 
Technical Contributor

Ride: Ford Ef Futura

WA, Australia

On delivery for work got eggs thrown at my car. Got out grabbed a 3 wood from the car and went after them with that. They ran off.

Washed the egg off havent checked paintowrk yet I think its ok.

On topic though, maybe some touch up paint or polish, or both.

Posted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 5:13 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: 1994 ED XR8 Sprint

QLD, Australia

twirqurky wrote:
On delivery for work got eggs thrown at my car. Got out grabbed a 3 wood from the car and went after them with that. They ran off.

Washed the egg off havent checked paintowrk yet I think its ok.

On topic though, maybe some touch up paint or polish, or both.

lemme get this straight.... someone made a mess on your car so you chased them with a woody?????

Banned

Posted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 6:17 pm 
Technical Contributor

Ride: Ford Ef Futura

WA, Australia

Had the golf clubs in the boot from a few days beforehand.

Posted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 7:35 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 18 images

Ride: EL Falcon GLI

VIC, Australia

yeah its f**k, f**k kids, iv had this stupid VL wog kick the side of my car, there was too many of them for me to do anything though, and they had f**k metal s**t too, can you believe it, they were waiting outside of my girlfriends house for me? later that night when i came back, they tried to ram my car, absolutely insane!

Buy my car :) cause i just bought a BA XR6 :)

Posted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 7:40 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: '05 5.4L BA MK2 XT

NSW, Australia

Interceptor wrote:
lemme get this straight.... someone made a mess on your car so you chased them with a woody?????

ROFL :lol:
good call, i'll pay that :)

I hate C*** that have no respect for others property, I have heaps of marks on my car that look exactly like the ones in the picture, they were on the car when I bought it but it s**t me to tears.

Have had this car egged once since I bought it, I now know to stay away from housing commision dropkicks that cant afford their own cars... (Have fun growing up on my tax dollars you bludging f**k, enjoy the zero quality of life...)

Anyway... Go into your work and park in the bosses spot, tell him unless hes gunna pay for the paintwork that its your spot now, thats what I'd do.
Ive already told my work the instant I notice a new scratch on my car sitting out the front of our workshop its getting parked in the sublevel carpark and I dont care what the owner of the company says...
(Tho last time I parked there I gouged the concrete with my zorst cause the cars too low to get in there)

Posted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 8:03 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 17 images

Ride: Oettinger Golf GTI

NSW, Australia

Ace wrote:
Interceptor wrote:

ROFL :lol:
good call, i'll pay that :)

I hate C*** that have no respect for others property, I have heaps of marks on my car that look exactly like the ones in the picture, they were on the car when I bought it but it s**t me to tears.

Have had this car egged once since I bought it, I now know to stay away from housing commision dropkicks that cant afford their own cars... (Have fun growing up on my tax dollars you bludging f**k, enjoy the zero quality of life...)

Anyway... Go into your work and park in the bosses spot, tell him unless hes gunna pay for the paintwork that its your spot now, thats what I'd do.
Ive already told my work the instant I notice a new scratch on my car sitting out the front of our workshop its getting parked in the sublevel carpark and I dont care what the owner of the company says...
(Tho last time I parked there I gouged the concrete with my zorst cause the cars too low to get in there)

as ace said, tell your boss.. it happened at work durin work and they should be liable for it!

Posted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 9:08 pm 
Parts Gopher

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: EF Futura

QLD, Australia

usually u shouldnt lower urself 2 someone else's level, but if they try n hurt u or ur car then i figure its on.
a few years back now i was riding my bike home from work n i had 2 guys in a car throw 2 eggs at me...1 missed and 1 landed on my bag (but it didnt break). Little did the clowns know it was a dead end street...and so i threw the egg at them when they went past me again...i got the driver in the side of the head which caused him 2 crash into a light pole. so i went up 2 the window n laughed at them (i know thats mean but they deserved it) n besides it was a Holden Camira that they were in...

not 2 long ago (just b4 i crashed my AU) i had a guy kick the front guard on the passanger side in surfers paradise while i was in traffic...needless 2 say i kicked him in the head...and he didnt dint the car either which was great.
i was still p*ssed about it though...

au3xr8 snorkel
pioneer head unit
4 way pioneer 6x9's
tinting

soon to come...
superlows with new shox
full exhaust system with pacies
wheels (YAY! finally get rid of the hub caps)

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 2  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next