#@%$&* Detailers!!! 

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Post subject: #@%$&* Detailers!!!
Posted: Sun May 03, 2009 6:24 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

QLD, Australia

Just thought I'd share a cautionary tale:

In short I've found thru painful experience that at least some Detailers are using chemicals that are CORROSIVE!!

Story goes like this: way back in 1995 I had my ED detailed - it was one of those mobile mobs so on and off I was able to watch them work on the car in the carpark at work. One thing I noticed was that when they did the door openings they used a pressure sprayer to apply a fine mist of some sort of cleaning fluid and then they wiped it off by hand.

The car at that stage still looked factory fresh and new - ie. all cad plated or black painted parts / screws were pristine and new looking... Within 3 months the door striker plates/brackets cad plating was going blotchy and horrible looking and the black painted trim screws throughout the interior were all going bad too - blotchy and with white powdery corrosive residue.

I regret not going ballistic about it at the time but it was three months after the job etc. etc.

Anyway, my Wife recently bought a Daihatsu Applause in really nice condition - old folks car - and it was likewise outstanding in that all the cad plating looked fresh and nice etc. The caryard had it detailed before she took it and bugger me a few months later it's suffering the same thing!!! I am absolutely spewing and intend next week to get onto the car yard and have a little "chat"!!

Sold the Greenmachine - now driving 2015 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk.

Post subject: Re: #@%$&* Detailers!!!
Posted: Sun May 03, 2009 2:45 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: Falcon EF Gli

VIC, Australia

wow. That's good to know. Hopefully... My detailer's don't use corrosive chemicals.

AsIzZy

My Build Thread:
post994940.html#p994940

For Sale Thread 1
forums/viewtopic.php?t=70845&highlight=

Post subject: Re: #@%$&* Detailers!!!
Posted: Sun May 03, 2009 4:20 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF Fairmont II

VIC, Australia

degreaser to get off all the excess grease from the door hinges etc..all it does is eat paint..if u wash is off its harmless, but if u wipe it off then i guess your leaving some of it there and your screwed..

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]