Fordmods Logo

Drivers side window 

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Post subject: Drivers side window
Posted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:09 pm 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 4 images

Hi guys I am having trouble winding up the window on the drives side front door.
it moves side to side.
ok i tried to take the door card off but i cant find out how to disconnect The push down lock button ?

but that's not really my major prob. what my prob is what would cause the side to side movement. I have noticed its only got one connecting point in the middle.
When I sorta took the door card off I found some plastic stuff in the bottom of the door. i wont bother trying to describe what it is. i am not sure if its off the window guide or not.
Has anyone got an idea what i need to do to fix it please

umm dont worrie guys looks like i am up for the whole lot the window regulator and all

Thanks
Peter

Post subject: Re: Drivers side window Delete please
Posted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:17 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 40 images

Ride: EF GLi/Ghia bitsa

VIC, Australia

It moves side to side because the runners are sticky and have dirt in them, give them a really good cleanout, and put some graphite powder down the runners. As for removing the lock button, just pull it up really hard, u wont break it.

Gab

Posted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:20 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF XR6,

NSW, Australia

I rubbed drylube in my runners seemed to help a bit

BF XR6
xr8 snorkel,typhoon lower snorkel,territory intake pipe,20% underdrive kit,pacemaker extractors,high flow cat,xforce exhaust,t56 conversion hd turbo clutch/ flywheel,m86 3.45 lsd,custom tune187.1rwkw as an auto

Posted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:28 pm 
Smokin em up

Gab1 wrote:
As for removing the lock button, just pull it up really hard, u wont break it.

Gab

Umm if you say so mate lol.
but knowing my luck lately well lol

Posted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:30 pm 
Smokin em up

bry40l wrote:
I rubbed drylube in my runners seemed to help a bit

yeah gave that a try before.
but the bloody thing is flopping around like a C**k in a sock lol

thanks for your help guys :)

Post subject: Re: Drivers side window
Posted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:44 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EL Fairmont, VFR400 racer

Power: 144 rwkw

VIC, Australia

With the lock button. You can get a set of vice grips and a rag to grip the top of the lock button. Hint of advice, when pulling it out, pull it straight up (assuming your door trims are still on the door), don't pull it side ways/angled from it's vertical, you might end up snapping the plastic shaft it is connected to. In saying that, if the shaft does break, you can get away with replacing it with a metal coat hanger bent into the same shape...

phongus = Post whore 2006
EL XR6 motor, EL ECU + J3 chip, WADE 1673 Camshaft, 3" S/S intake, Pacy 4480, 2.5" Hi flow cat, 2.5" Lukey exhaust.
Max Power = 144.6 rwkw (03/05/2008)

Posted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:50 pm 
Smokin em up

phongus wrote:
With the lock button. You can get a set of vice grips and a rag to grip the top of the lock button. Hint of advice, when pulling it out, pull it straight up (assuming your door trims are still on the door), don't pull it side ways/angled from it's vertical, you might end up snapping the plastic shaft it is connected to. In saying that, if the shaft does break, you can get away with replacing it with a metal coat hanger bent into the same shape...

So the thread on it is just a push in thread like the ones holding the boot carpet to the back seats i gather

that coat hanger is a kick a** idea mate

thanks
Lucion

Posted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:07 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EL Fairmont, VFR400 racer

Power: 144 rwkw

VIC, Australia

Lucion wrote:
phongus wrote:

So the thread on it is just a push in thread like the ones holding the boot carpet to the back seats i gather

thanks
Lucion

The end of the plastic shaft is just like the push in thread, just much tougher. The lock button itself has a self locking plastic mechanism in the inside of it (the button is hollow). When putting the button back on, you pull the white mechanism out and it splits in half, when you push it back on, the tip of the shaft pushes the locking mechanism back into the button and locks itself to the shaft. The only way to get the button off is to yank it out though. Once you pull the plastic button off, you can see for yourself what I mean.

phongus = Post whore 2006
EL XR6 motor, EL ECU + J3 chip, WADE 1673 Camshaft, 3" S/S intake, Pacy 4480, 2.5" Hi flow cat, 2.5" Lukey exhaust.
Max Power = 144.6 rwkw (03/05/2008)

Posted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:25 pm 
Smokin em up

phongus wrote:
Lucion wrote:
phongus wrote:

thanks
Lucion

The end of the plastic shaft is just like the push in thread, just much tougher. The lock button itself has a self locking plastic mechanism in the inside of it (the button is hollow). When putting the button back on, you pull the white mechanism out and it splits in half, when you push it back on, the tip of the shaft pushes the locking mechanism back into the button and locks itself to the shaft. The only way to get the button off is to yank it out though. Once you pull the plastic button off, you can see for yourself what I mean.

yup i see what you mean about the white bits...some turd had glued it in by the looks of things -_-
it snapped hopefully i will be able to dig the rest out of the button.
lol my luck is running true to form

Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:16 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 40 images

Ride: EF GLi/Ghia bitsa

VIC, Australia

Lucion wrote:
Gab1 wrote:
As for removing the lock button, just pull it up really hard, u wont break it.

Gab

Umm if you say so mate lol.
but knowing my luck lately well lol

That's how it comes off dude.

Gab

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 10 posts ]