Fordmods Logo

EA-EL, AU, and Territory offsets??? 

 

Page 1 of 2 [ 24 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next

 
 Post subject: EA-EL, AU, and Territory offsets???
Posted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:13 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 32

Posts: 1044

Joined: 4th Aug 2010

Ride: NA Fairlane, DC LTD

Location: Alice Springs
NT, Australia

Ok, firstly the fast and furious quote of "you can find anything on the Internet" is bullcrap.

I am wondering,

what is the offsets for the above mentioned?
I know EA-EL is +30(mm?)

I trialled a BA mag on the front of mine and it hit the stub waaay befor the studs were through, so the AU on offset is out more (negative?)

NOW, can anyone tell me the offset for Territory rims? I know that the stock 17 rims fit EA-EL, and earlier models, but is the offset spot on or just close?

My query is partially cos I can't find a chart online to tell me straight out on a simple list (hence my first line LOL)
and also cos I'm searching for rims on eBay and often see a nice looking set of rims for territory going cheaper than similar ones for EA-EL and wonder if they would bolt on ok.

 

_________________

[color=#004080]Cheers, Jacob.

NA Fairlane Build thread:
the-garage-f53/my-fairlane-build-lowlane-t94891.html.
Also in the garage....
AU LTD, DC LTD, and Lowlane.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: EA-EL, AU, and Territory offsets???
Posted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:04 am 
Tyre Shredder
Offline
User avatar

Age: 38

Posts: 355

Joined: 26th Dec 2008

Ride: BA XLS Ute

Location: Bendigo
VIC, Australia

Lowlane7 wrote:
Ok, firstly the fast and furious quote of "you can find anything on the Internet" is bullcrap.

I am wondering,

what is the offsets for the above mentioned?
I know EA-EL is +30(mm?)

I trialled a BA mag on the front of mine and it hit the stub waaay befor the studs were through, so the AU on offset is out more (negative?)

NOW, can anyone tell me the offset for Territory rims? I know that the stock 17 rims fit EA-EL, and earlier models, but is the offset spot on or just close?

My query is partially cos I can't find a chart online to tell me straight out on a simple list (hence my first line LOL)
and also cos I'm searching for rims on eBay and often see a nice looking set of rims for territory going cheaper than similar ones for EA-EL and wonder if they would bolt on ok.


AU, BA, Territory = +36.5
Pre AU = +6.

Guess the fast boys are correct... You can find anything on the internet... You just looking in the wrong place..
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: EA-EL, AU, and Territory offsets???
Posted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:15 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 32

Posts: 1044

Joined: 4th Aug 2010

Ride: NA Fairlane, DC LTD

Location: Alice Springs
NT, Australia

Didn't mean I found zip, just a lot of different stuff.

What I was specifically Looking for was
ie:
ea falcon: stud pattern, 114x5 offset +30
au falcon stud pattern, 114x5 offset +/-xx
territory stud pattern, 114x5 offset +/-xx

I've been into tyrepower a while ago and the girl read the numbers out of a book, I found a complete ACA parts catalogue online earlier, I wanted somthing similar for wheel stud patterns/offsets (ie a chart) but couldn't find it, hence the fast boys chip.

You say pre AU is +6.....
I thought it was +30?
As in the surfaces are 30 mm more towards the centre of the car.
I've looked on an au and seen the centres aren't so deep so I'd say you were wrong with the +6 for pre au. Untill evidentially corrected that is...

 

_________________

[color=#004080]Cheers, Jacob.

NA Fairlane Build thread:
the-garage-f53/my-fairlane-build-lowlane-t94891.html.
Also in the garage....
AU LTD, DC LTD, and Lowlane.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: EA-EL, AU, and Territory offsets???
Posted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:20 am 
Tyre Shredder
Offline
User avatar

Age: 38

Posts: 355

Joined: 26th Dec 2008

Ride: BA XLS Ute

Location: Bendigo
VIC, Australia

Lowlane7 wrote:
Didn't mean I found zip, just a lot of different stuff.

What I was specifically Looking for was
ie:
ea falcon: stud pattern, 114x5 offset +30
au falcon stud pattern, 114x5 offset +/-xx
territory stud pattern, 114x5 offset +/-xx

I've been into tyrepower a while ago and the girl read the numbers out of a book, I found a complete ACA parts catalogue online earlier, I wanted somthing similar for wheel stud patterns/offsets (ie a chart) but couldn't find it, hence the fast boys chip.

You say pre AU is +6.....
I thought it was +30?
As in the surfaces are 30 mm more towards the centre of the car.
I've looked on an au and seen the centres aren't so deep so I'd say you were wrong with the +6 for pre au. Untill evidentially corrected that is...

http://www.gtsparkplugs.com/WheelOffsetCalc.html

Pre AU = +6
Hence the need for +30 hub adaptors to run ba wheels... Could care less if you believe me or not..
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: EA-EL, AU, and Territory offsets???
Posted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:23 am 
Tyre Shredder
Offline
User avatar

Age: 38

Posts: 355

Joined: 26th Dec 2008

Ride: BA XLS Ute

Location: Bendigo
VIC, Australia

Lowlane7 wrote:
What I was specifically Looking for was
ie:
ea falcon: stud pattern, 114x5 offset +6
au falcon stud pattern, 114x5 offset +36.5
territory stud pattern, 114x5 offset +36.5


Oh and by the way... I gave you exactly that... You just know better. Oh well.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: EA-EL, AU, and Territory offsets???
Posted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:41 am 
Tyre Shredder
Offline
User avatar

Age: 38

Posts: 355

Joined: 26th Dec 2008

Ride: BA XLS Ute

Location: Bendigo
VIC, Australia

Lowlane7 wrote:
You say pre AU is +6.....
I thought it was +30?
As in the surfaces are 30 mm more towards the centre of the car.
I've looked on an au and seen the centres aren't so deep so I'd say you were wrong with the +6 for pre au. Untill evidentially corrected that is...


Well come ON!!! So quick to say i was wrong... Now i've have "evidentially corrected" you, whatever the f**k that means... Say something FFS...
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: EA-EL, AU, and Territory offsets???
Posted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:43 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 32

Posts: 1044

Joined: 4th Aug 2010

Ride: NA Fairlane, DC LTD

Location: Alice Springs
NT, Australia

BAXLS03 wrote:
Oh and by the way... I gave you exactly that... You just know better. Oh well.


firstly, you don't have to get clever about it, cos I wasn't ok?
You didn't give me exactly that, you may have misunderstood what I was asking for and that's ok. (reading words is a little different to hearing them)

If you read it all (not saying you didn't) you may have noticed this sentance

"I trialled a BA mag on the front of mine and it hit the stub waaay befor the studs were through, so the AU on offset is out more (negative?)"
I was meaning negative is out and positive is in.
I have since looked further (and also found the page you posted with the diagrams thanks for that)

and if you had have said simply that I was backwards with the positive/negative directions
and with the link I would stand evidentially corrected and have no problem as I said:

"I've looked on an au and seen the centres aren't so deep so I'd say you were wrong with the +6 for pre au. Untill evidentially corrected that is..."

Don't think i'm just another young bulletproof d***head who's done it all and knows all ok?
I'm well past that stage.
If I was I wouldn't have asked now would I cos I would have already known the answer.

Thank you anyway though.

 

_________________

[color=#004080]Cheers, Jacob.

NA Fairlane Build thread:
the-garage-f53/my-fairlane-build-lowlane-t94891.html.
Also in the garage....
AU LTD, DC LTD, and Lowlane.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: EA-EL, AU, and Territory offsets???
Posted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:44 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 32

Posts: 1044

Joined: 4th Aug 2010

Ride: NA Fairlane, DC LTD

Location: Alice Springs
NT, Australia

BAXLS03 wrote:
Lowlane7 wrote:
You say pre AU is +6.....
I thought it was +30?
As in the surfaces are 30 mm more towards the centre of the car.
I've looked on an au and seen the centres aren't so deep so I'd say you were wrong with the +6 for pre au. Untill evidentially corrected that is...


Well come ON!!! So quick to say i was wrong... Now i've have "evidentially corrected" you, whatever the f**k that means... Say something FFS...


wow... Just wow.

 

_________________

[color=#004080]Cheers, Jacob.

NA Fairlane Build thread:
the-garage-f53/my-fairlane-build-lowlane-t94891.html.
Also in the garage....
AU LTD, DC LTD, and Lowlane.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: EA-EL, AU, and Territory offsets???
Posted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:45 am 
Tyre Shredder
Offline
User avatar

Age: 38

Posts: 355

Joined: 26th Dec 2008

Ride: BA XLS Ute

Location: Bendigo
VIC, Australia

Lowlane7 wrote:
BAXLS03 wrote:
Lowlane7 wrote:
You say pre AU is +6.....
I thought it was +30?
As in the surfaces are 30 mm more towards the centre of the car.
I've looked on an au and seen the centres aren't so deep so I'd say you were wrong with the +6 for pre au. Untill evidentially corrected that is...


Well come ON!!! So quick to say i was wrong... Now i've have "evidentially corrected" you, whatever the f**k that means... Say something FFS...


wow... Just wow.


HAHAHA. You rock!
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: EA-EL, AU, and Territory offsets???
Posted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:48 am 
Tyre Shredder
Offline
User avatar

Age: 38

Posts: 355

Joined: 26th Dec 2008

Ride: BA XLS Ute

Location: Bendigo
VIC, Australia

Ok, so maybe i jumped to soon. I've had a s**t wknd. Sorry.

Cheers Paul.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: EA-EL, AU, and Territory offsets???
Posted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:49 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 32

Posts: 1044

Joined: 4th Aug 2010

Ride: NA Fairlane, DC LTD

Location: Alice Springs
NT, Australia

Ok, now that's cleared second question
(and please be mature enough to restrain yourself if you can't give a straight answer BAXLS03)

territory stock 17's on a pre au,

do they fit with spacers or are the rims skinny enough to still go on?

Can't imagine them thinner than 7 inch anyway but now I'm curious how the DO bolt on.

Anyone done this or seen it done?

 

_________________

[color=#004080]Cheers, Jacob.

NA Fairlane Build thread:
the-garage-f53/my-fairlane-build-lowlane-t94891.html.
Also in the garage....
AU LTD, DC LTD, and Lowlane.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: EA-EL, AU, and Territory offsets???
Posted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:53 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 32

Posts: 1044

Joined: 4th Aug 2010

Ride: NA Fairlane, DC LTD

Location: Alice Springs
NT, Australia

BAXLS03 wrote:
Ok, so maybe i jumped to soon. I've had a s**t wknd. Sorry.

Cheers Paul.


edit for above, the line in brackets is withdrawn, sorry I was typing that as you posted.

No wullies Bluss!

Bob Marley, 3 little birds. Top song!

Oh, and evidentially corrected would mean corrected with evidence, not just being told somthing.
I don't talk unless I know what I'm talking about and can back myself up, I've been made a fool of before for talkin s**t (hence the I'm past that stage line) and it's embarrasing to say the least!

 

_________________

[color=#004080]Cheers, Jacob.

NA Fairlane Build thread:
the-garage-f53/my-fairlane-build-lowlane-t94891.html.
Also in the garage....
AU LTD, DC LTD, and Lowlane.

Last edited by Lowlane7 on Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: EA-EL, AU, and Territory offsets???
Posted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:56 am 
Tyre Shredder
Offline
User avatar

Age: 38

Posts: 355

Joined: 26th Dec 2008

Ride: BA XLS Ute

Location: Bendigo
VIC, Australia

Do you mean these rims? They are 17x7, have seen them on Eseries cars but they would have to be on with spacers...

 

 

Attachments:
!B3I1Vc!Bmk~$(KGrHqEOKnQE)3-hmzn1BMlJoyy9J!~~_12.jpg
!B3I1Vc!Bmk~$(KGrHqEOKnQE)3-hmzn1BMlJoyy9J!~~_12.jpg [ 51.36 KiB | Viewed 78 times ]
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: EA-EL, AU, and Territory offsets???
Posted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:01 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 32

Posts: 1044

Joined: 4th Aug 2010

Ride: NA Fairlane, DC LTD

Location: Alice Springs
NT, Australia

BAXLS03 wrote:
Do you mean these rims? They are 17x7, have seen them on Eseries cars but they would have to be on with spacers...


yeah that's them...
Hmm, i thought the were bolt on for some reason...
I saw in street fords a pic of the xh ute they are doin had them on it. And a bloke I worked with at repco mentioned it too. I thought they did have the same offset.

I guess I stand corrected!
Or I just got an early start on my "new thing learned for today" hahaha.

(I'm on an iPhone so typing and loading is slow sorry haha)

 

_________________

[color=#004080]Cheers, Jacob.

NA Fairlane Build thread:
the-garage-f53/my-fairlane-build-lowlane-t94891.html.
Also in the garage....
AU LTD, DC LTD, and Lowlane.

Last edited by Lowlane7 on Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: EA-EL, AU, and Territory offsets???
Posted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:10 am 
Tyre Shredder
Offline
User avatar

Age: 38

Posts: 355

Joined: 26th Dec 2008

Ride: BA XLS Ute

Location: Bendigo
VIC, Australia

Haha cool, sorry for being a d**k. I work in an alcohol and drug detox unit... It gets hard to be nice sometimes when you spend all wknd dealing with people and being overly nice, when really just want to tell them to shut the f**k up!

Had a guy that was sooo depressing this wknd that he just sucked the life out of me. Got to the point i felt like saying 'You know what mate, your life really is just that s**t! Give up, just give up now cos it never going to be any better!'

Cheers Paul.

P.s. I can only say that 'I believe the information i have given is correct'.... If someone shows otherwise... Than dam i'm gunna be looing like a big d**k! But hey it happens.
Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 1 of 2  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:35 am All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names