Fordmods Logo

easiest way to replace fog globe in ba? 

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Post subject: easiest way to replace fog globe in ba?
Posted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:23 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: BA XR6 Turbo

QLD, Australia

basically what the title says. noticed one of mine is out and going to replace the both i think and i just had a squiz under and the tray that screws up to the bumper goes pretty far back and u cant get ur hand in there to get behind it or even from where it meets the guard...

anyone done this before and what would the easiest way and any recomendations on good globes for em?

BA XR6T Manual 220rw kw - 20' chromies, pedders ultra lows, hurricane 2.5' twin exhaust by Fat Pipes, PBR premium slotted brakes, leather pack, and soon more under the bonnet!

Post subject: Re: easiest way to replace fog globe in ba?
Posted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:54 pm 

Ride: 93EB Fairmont / BA Falcon XR6T

NSW, Australia

Sorry man do a search on this. i have answered the same question 2 or 3 times asked recently. Its been asked and covered a few times. H3 globe is the replacement. Also if you have your manual its spot on on how to do it.

93 EB II Fairmon8 with 17' EL GT's / Clear indicators / H.I.Ds / Sports exhaust / Lowered 2' / K&N / XR6 ECU.
2004 BA MKI XR6T in Lightning Strike paint / K&N / XR8 bonnet / BF lights and a few tweaks.

Posted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:19 pm 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

ohhh no worries, i never thought that it would even be in the manual

BA XR6T Manual 220rw kw - 20' chromies, pedders ultra lows, hurricane 2.5' twin exhaust by Fat Pipes, PBR premium slotted brakes, leather pack, and soon more under the bonnet!

Posted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:28 pm 

NSW, Australia

Yeah man its in your XR manual. You will need to remove the bottom splash tray to do it easiest.
And yeah do both at once. Make sure you dont adjust any of the fog light aiming adjusters on the back casing.

93 EB II Fairmon8 with 17' EL GT's / Clear indicators / H.I.Ds / Sports exhaust / Lowered 2' / K&N / XR6 ECU.
2004 BA MKI XR6T in Lightning Strike paint / K&N / XR8 bonnet / BF lights and a few tweaks.

Posted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:31 pm 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

just ready a couple of your replies to other people, seems like your the only one who knows how to do it haha, but im hoping i dont have the trouble another guy did where he couldnt push the fog light into the inner bar... i think you should be able to get at it without pushing them into the bar, i dont see why you need to push on them lol

Posted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:42 pm 

NSW, Australia

The fog lights are only push clipped into the bar and pushing them out is the way to do it. The manual also says to use your palm. You have to totally take the light out to change the globe. To put it back in you push it back in through the back of the bar until you feel it clip back in position. Check page 187 of your book if its nearby.
Lol ive changed mine many times because i use them constantly.
Its actually alot easier than it sounds. Removing the splash tray is the best way to do it.

Posted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:45 pm 

NSW, Australia

Oh and if the lens is cracked be careful you dont cut yourself. Dont be scared to use a bit of push force. You wont break anything.

Posted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:51 pm 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

thanks for that i will be careful and not afraid to push, cuz yer one of mine is cracked

Posted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:56 pm 

NSW, Australia

Cheers man goodluck. Maybe see if you can replace just the lens whilst its out from a wrecker. And if you want put some Territory fog light lens protective covers on them later on. They also fit the falcons.

All the best.

Posted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:24 pm 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

thanks, i have seen those protective covers on some falcons but just thought they were an optional extra, ill try get some.

thanks for all the help

appreciate it

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 10 posts ]