Fordmods Logo

EB FALCON WITH A EF-EL FRONT END? 

Page 2 of 2 [ 22 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post subject: Re: EB FALCON WITH A EF-EL FRONT END?
Posted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:21 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: 1992 EB hybrid monster

QLD, Australia

smithykicks85 wrote:
krisisdog wrote:
Also I'm pretty sure EFII is talking out his a*** again, and the bolts do not line up for the panels, lights and front bumper.

Yeah i did take that in concideration about the head lights and front bar... thats why i asked if i had to unpick a EF-EL radiator support and weld it on the EB.. iv been checking out the differents between eb and ef gaurds and they look exact except the obvious smoother look on the EFs... but the line that runs across from quarter panel to gaurds are exact and if theres no difference between a EB and a EF door you wouldnt think it be a hassel. the only thing i ccan think of besides changing the quarter would be having to move a few bolt threads on the squirt... but iam just predicting, cheers

Sorry i didnt mean changing the quarter i meant radiator support...

Weapon of choice, EB shell with a EL XR front powered by a BA engine.

BUILD THREAD: commercial-sponsors-forum-f53/the-hybrid-eb-build-dohc-xr6-ba-interior-and-a-el-xr-front-t77902.html

Posted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:23 pm 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

TROYMAN wrote:
the guards bolt up to the inner guard but from the radiator support forward is completely different
so you need to completely remove the radiator support and weld in the ef one.

i had an ef wreck that i trial fitted ea guards and bonnet..
i know its opposite to what you want to do i just did it to compare the difference..
the guards lined up ok the bonnet fit but there was no way it would latch due to the radiator support being different.

here is a pic of the ef with the ea bonnet before the guards were trial fitted..

Ahh sweet dude, yeah i kinda figured that the bonnet latch might not shut on it, thats wicked to know that it could be done with a quick change of the front support. awesome

BUILD THREAD: commercial-sponsors-forum-f53/the-hybrid-eb-build-dohc-xr6-ba-interior-and-a-el-xr-front-t77902.html

Posted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:05 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: 94 ED falcon

QLD, Australia

so if your putting a ef/el front and changing all of the interior why bother, just buy a later e series, unless you got some cash and time to burn

Posted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:23 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

this was done a while ago on AFF after an EB was involved in an accident. the complete radiator support was swapped out with EF/L and then the front panels bolted on nicely.

and to krisisdog im pretty sure EFII is talking out his a** as always... hes always posting s**t saying its his mates or wat not when really i think hes just worked out how to get onto google :roll:

cheers

Posted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:32 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: AUII XR6 Uterus

NSW, Australia

why shytbag him for it though ? he only asked for help not opinions, (i realise i slap my opinions round a bit much to lol) but i also hate hearing other peoples opinions when i've alredi developed my own. i actually prefer the el (? the one without the hideous lookin round hole grill) front end but prefer the ea back end over any e series, it's the only non flat and bland lookin e series a** end there is. (my own opinion of course)

not too mention it's different

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution.

Posted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:09 pm 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

Wow thanks guys, at least i know its possible with out wasting time, some of you guys ask why not just buy an ef or el, the main reason is i love the boxed shape ea-ed, especially the quarter panels, boot and rear lights, how ever i prefer the ef-el front ends, alot more smoother and apealing (not much of a EF-El XR front fan)... i can do the conversion professionly and cheaply in the industry i work in, but its good to hear your opinons. Iam on the hunt for a ef-el falcon, futura or fairmont cheaply then the conversion can take place... wheh i get the gaurds, lights, bonnet and bar on ill be sure to post some photos for you guys to check it out, and ill then post some finall pics of it fully resprayed, cheers guys

Posted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:48 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 32 images

Ride: BA XR6T (mix of BA, BF and FG)

WA, Australia

I agree entirely, was gonna do the same thing myself.. then one day I got a EL dirt cheap (400 bucks) and decided to use that instead as the EA had some rust in the sills.

I toyed with trying to get the ED rear to fit the EL with some cutting and shutting and then looked at fairlane lights and garnish, but now I'm resigned with the EL rear end with just a few changes to improve it.

There is a video on one of the forums of a white early E series with an EL front end.. one of these guys might remember which forum, but sadly I don't.

good luck.

rgds

Frank

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2