Fordmods Logo

EBII respray? 

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Post subject: EBII respray?
Posted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:13 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: EB II

VIC, Australia

So I have an EBII that I'm getting around to fixing up. But the paint is rather f**k, specifically on the bonnet and the quarter panels and the front and rear bumpers. The rest of the car looks alright with some wear and tear on the body and roof (ever so slight crows feet developing in various places while the roof is beginning its gradual peeling)
Apparently this is not the original paint (this is what I was told today, I don't pretend to know about paint jobs) and that someone has done a cheapy with bad quality paint. So far I have been quoted 7g all the way up to 10g by someone in Burwood.
SO, my questions are:
1. Is it worth it? The car has had some work done (bought it off my old housemate) and it goes pretty good but I don't want to put money into it I don't have. But like I said, it's a great car and hammers and would prefer not to part with it.
2. Are these prices realistic? Or can it be done even cheaper?

And to help out, here are some pics:
You can see what I mean. The hood is pretty bad and the bumper is too

And here is the main issue, you can see the primer on the quater panels and it looks s**t as.

The rear bumper can be replaces easy enough I suppose but still

And finally, here's what the car looks like anyway.

Any help would be MUCH appreciated :) If it turns out I can get a dec respray I am gonna start a build thread and see how i can get the car looking.
Cheers
Mutt|

Post subject: Re: EBII respray?
Posted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:37 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: ef 2 fairmont ghia

VIC, Australia

7k-10k to do that work!? F**k that! ive been quoted 2-3k and that includes my whole exterior, weather strips, tickford kit, door jambs and the installation of a steel bonnet bulge welded onto my bonnet. the painter said it will be much better then factory too. Don't know where your going but that's a s**t quote.

Posted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:51 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

wolfblass wrote:
7k-10k to do that work!? F**k that! ive been quoted 2-3k and that includes my whole exterior, weather strips, tickford kit, door jambs and the installation of a steel bonnet bulge welded onto my bonnet. the painter said it will be much better then factory too. Don't know where your going but that's a s**t quote.

You serious?! If I may ask, where did you get that quote from? Sounds way better than the Muppets that I got told to visit.

Posted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:54 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: ef 2 fairmont ghia

VIC, Australia

2die4 bodyworks, go down and have a chat to Craig show him what you want done. His a good bloke and is good with the gun.

Posted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:43 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

wolfblass wrote:
2die4 bodyworks, go down and have a chat to Craig show him what you want done. His a good bloke and is good with the gun.

Excellent. Thanks mate, I will check them out asap :)

Posted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:07 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: PX2 Ranger 4x4 XLT Dual CAB

VIC, Australia

7-10g f**k me, talk about over capitalising, even 2-3 is more than the cars worth!

Ever thought about doing it yourself?

She's meanness put to music and the b**ch is born to run!
Like the sign says, "speed's just a question of money. How fast can you go?"

Posted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:49 am 

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

i recently enquired about getting mine resprayed, i was quoted from 2g to 10g.
2g was a door closed respray with any minor bumps and dents repaired.
around 4g-5g was for a full respray painting inside the doors,door jams removong windows, ect
the 10g quote was for a full pull down, removing everything including interior and engine, rubbed to bare metal and done to near perfection..

the only way i would consider a 10g respray is if the car was rare or was only going to be driven once a week or going to be a show car..

if its a every day car that you are having fun with, i would either do it my self or try find someone who will do a reasonable job for reasonable money. you dont want to spend 10g on a paint job if the car is going to be parked in car parks or parked on the street to find some careless a**hole has bumped or scratched it..

Posted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:44 am 
Smokin em up

Ride: Territory TS TDCi

VIC, Australia

if its only a daily the cheapest option is replacing the panels and bumpers with a car of the same color.

Posted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:09 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

madmax wrote:
7-10g f**k me, talk about over capitalising, even 2-3 is more than the cars worth!

Ever thought about doing it yourself?

I have, but I am no expert on paint jobs. How would I go about doing it? I only really want the exterior done. the engine bay and all that extreme detail doesn't bother me.
It's my daily drive, so I obviously don't want to spend stupid amounts of money (10g is out of control), but I am getting pretty sick of looking at that s**t paint.
So if someone here knows of someone who can do it on the cheap (I am a povo uni student :() I would be grateful :)

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 9 posts ]