Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Post subject: ED EB JUST CURIOUS
Posted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:15 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: GREEN ED XR6

Power: 249 rwkw

QLD, Australia

where can yo get the red tape insert for the mouldings on the doors guards and bumper etc? or what its properly called? anyone able to help please?

AU2 engine with Hoppers head/cam performance package & spool rods / CP pistons ,Snort 1200 plenum, T56 Manual & Billet short shifter, Front & Rear Slotted rotors, Pedders lowered suspension, LSD and tuned with EMS stinger 4424 347rwkw THE ED XR6 IS BOOSTED

Post subject: Re: ED EB JUST CURIOUS
Posted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:25 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF daily, xc project

NSW, Australia

to put it simply u cant

ef falcon daily driver
78 xc falcon 500 project
http://www.fordmods.com/the-garage-f53/bradley4567-s-xc-t83750.html

calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant' is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist'

Posted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:27 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF daily, xc project

NSW, Australia

but if u really desperatly want them i have some bumpers etc which u could buy from me if u check out my sale thread.

brad

ef falcon daily driver
78 xc falcon 500 project
http://www.fordmods.com/the-garage-f53/bradley4567-s-xc-t83750.html

calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant' is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist'

Posted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:30 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 20 images

Ride: ED Falcon

Power: 133 rwkw

NSW, Australia

for the doors the stripe is part of the moulding... You must take the whole moulding off and replace with either an XR one or an EA Spac ones (much more common) which is what I'm going to do (just gotta get round to it)...

You will notice on the front mudguard mouldings off the Ea there is no hole you for the side indicator, you must cut this out but its no big deal...

as for the bumper mouldings... never seen them re produced yet... I know you can still buy the chrome ones off Ford as dad bought some from Wagga (Hillis) Ford I think... but you can't get new chrome door mouldings... and the s**t isn't cheap either...

Jason had enough on here brand new to do a back bumper so I bought that coz the back bumper section I got of an EA was all Faded...

You'll need around 5m to do a front and back bumper if you can find someone reproducing it, or go ask Ford see if its still new...

Or ask Papa Smurf... He'll soon tell you, plus its price...

Cheers...

93 Red ED 5spd Manual Build Thread

Performance: Complete AUII VCT Wiring & Power Train, Pacey Headers, 2.5" Exhaust, Exedy Clutch, DBA Rotors
Visuals: FG XR Wheel, XR Front, 17's, BA 5 Spd Shifter, BA Ghia Window Switches, NL Cluster
Tunes: 8" Pioneer Sub, JBL Speakers, Clarion Double DIN Headunit

Posted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:39 pm 

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

i got the bumper moulds from duramould south in sydney..
they supply the panel beaters with striping and moulds..

the door ones are not available any more.. just mask the area and paint them...

Posted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:23 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EA SVO, AU2, Toyota Crown

VIC, Australia

if your desperate tape it off and paint it. i'm gunna get my spray painter to do that on the EB once my SVO is done

Daily driver: 2010 Toyota Crown hybrid 3.5L V6 hybrid. 254kw.
Weekend car: AU2 "XR8" 220kw 5L 5 speed. 19" BBS LM . Full exhaust. Lowered on Kings and Koni's. 13.8@97mph
Fast car: EA SVO AU motor. Built BTR. SDE 3500 stall. 76mm turbo. On E85. approx 425rwkw. 10.8@126mph

Posted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:48 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

EDXR6-Poly wrote:
where can yo get the red tape insert for the mouldings on the doors guards and bumper etc? or what its properly called? anyone able to help please?

I am going to find out who made these moulds for Ford and see if they will consider re-making them. Worth a try anyway as they are becoming MIGHTY hard to get hold of. You can still buy ONE mould and that is for the passenger side guard, part number ED 16B069 C $23.50 and if you can't get the bumper bar one from that guy Troyman listed, you can still buy it by the metre from a Ford dealer part number RED 17W970 A40M $5.50 a metre.

Posted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: GREEN ED XR6

Power: 249 rwkw

QLD, Australia

cheers again papa smurf many thanks

AU2 engine with Hoppers head/cam performance package & spool rods / CP pistons ,Snort 1200 plenum, T56 Manual & Billet short shifter, Front & Rear Slotted rotors, Pedders lowered suspension, LSD and tuned with EMS stinger 4424 347rwkw THE ED XR6 IS BOOSTED

Posted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:28 am 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 20 images

Ride: ED Falcon

Power: 133 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Papa Smurf wrote:
EDXR6-Poly wrote:

I am going to find out who made these moulds for Ford and see if they will consider re-making them. Worth a try anyway as they are becoming MIGHTY hard to get hold of. You can still buy ONE mould and that is for the passenger side guard, part number ED 16B069 C $23.50 and if you can't get the bumper bar one from that guy Troyman listed, you can still buy it by the metre from a Ford dealer part number RED 17W970 A40M $5.50 a metre.

Yeah get them re-made that would be go... Coz most are damaged or just plain faded now days... Might be on to something there Papa Smurf...

93 Red ED 5spd Manual Build Thread

Performance: Complete AUII VCT Wiring & Power Train, Pacey Headers, 2.5" Exhaust, Exedy Clutch, DBA Rotors
Visuals: FG XR Wheel, XR Front, 17's, BA 5 Spd Shifter, BA Ghia Window Switches, NL Cluster
Tunes: 8" Pioneer Sub, JBL Speakers, Clarion Double DIN Headunit

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 9 posts ]