Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Post subject: EF Central Locking Issue
Posted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:19 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: EF XR8

VIC, Australia

Hi Guys

Right, so to continue my ongoing saga of trying to fix up the drivers door on my EF xr8. :roll:

I bought a door of ebay, got the old door off the car, hung the new door on and it worked a charm insofar as it opens and closes as a new door would. :D

Problem was that when you lock it, it would immediately unlock. So I assumed it was the actuator. So I spent today removing the actuators from the old door, the new door, swapped them over and rehung the new door, tested, and it locked and unlocked as it should. yay! :D

So after that, naturally, I put all the trim back on. The only think missing is the lock button. Didn't think this was such a big thing. Anyhoo, after putting all the trim back on, the f**k locking is stuffed again. As soon as you lock it, it unlocks.

What the hell did I do? Other than waste half a day swapping locking actuators over :x

Any ideas? I'm hoping it just has something to do with the trim..

I also have to get a new front quarter panel... anyone in Vic got one in cobalt blue, or lightish blue to match my door coz I couldn't find a door in c9 :cry:

Posted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:49 pm 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

what it would most likely be if it was locking and unlocking before without the door trim, the locking mechanism or shaft where the lock button should be is hitting something and causing it to unlock, does the alarm go off? i.e start beeping etc...

Posted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:52 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: xc wag's, tnklane wag's

QLD, Australia

hey when you put the lock buttonns piece on, did you push it as far down as you could, because if you put it on to far it can't go down far enough, sas something wrong and goes back up.

Signature removed by moderator.signature must not exceed 120x500 pixles

Posted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 8:17 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: EF XR8

VIC, Australia

This could potentially be the most retarded thing, but, just popped out for dinner, then when I got home my wife noticed the passenger door on my car was ajar.

So I closed the door, and locked the car again, and this time it stayed locked. :oops:

Anyways, there is no lock button at the moment, and the plastic bit that goes from the button to the lock is also removed.

Posted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:56 pm 
Smokin em up

TAS, Australia

get inside lock the doors then put the inside button on if it hits bottom before it should it will bounce open

NC2 Fairlane AU2 Intech 4.0 Wolf V500 ECU Accel 500cc Injectors Eaton M90 Blower MPx Porting 75mm Mustang TB Intercooler Holley 255lph EL XR6 Rear End 3.45 LSD Duel Fuel lots more.
Long and Very Nice

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]