Fordmods Logo

EF / EL Fairmont to Falcon Futura Bonnet & Guard Swap 

Page 2 of 2 [ 18 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Is England better than NZ or AUS at Rugby now they got into the finals?! Poll ended at Mon Nov 26, 2007 7:51 pm
Yeah, the Poms rock 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Nah, they still suck 50%  50%  [ 6 ]
WTF has this to do with a front end converson? (Macca added) 33%  33%  [ 4 ]
Moderators like "Macca" should delete not wonder WTF 17%  17%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 12

Posted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 4:40 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: DENTED UP OLD AUT WAGON

New Zealand

*** BLOODY PAINTERS ***

They promised me they'd take the car Friday night, but they didn't! They've had the bumper for the last week, and have it ready to paint tho'... But still - Am getting sick of driving this thing around... Whatever.

[Told you I'd say "bloody painters!" - Goddam knew it was too good to be true!]

---

Anyway, here's another picture... Got the back doors off the Futura and put them on the white Fairmont (just to keep out local cats and rain). Just like the technical document on this site says - The wires are all at the centre console end for the electric windows, but they terminate "somewhere in the cabin". Too damn right "SOMEWHERE"!

Anyways, will probably change the seats and will put some wires through to rig up the Fairmonts electric windows (inc' childrens locks).

AND --- Put in a 7.5 inch wide screen that comes out the dash. Think I might get rid of the plastic surround and make something out of RIMU or some other hardwood. A) Make it awful hard to steal B) It might look good.

All good...

Tune in next week when you'll hear Fiend say
"The rear wheels are still squeeking... Anyone got any ideas?"

Attachments:
File comment: The doorless Futura...
DSC00324.JPG
DSC00324.JPG [ 46.29 KiB | Viewed 171 times ]

Post subject: REAR DOORS WERE BLOODY EASY!
Posted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 7:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

Thanks to whoever assembled the damn car, the whole lot of electrics for the rear doors were terminated in the columns. Brilliant - THANKS UNCLE FORD, you rock!

Just had to put the switches in centre console over and plug the doors in at the column. Way cool - something easy, finally!

Got the bonnet and bumper back. Bloody odd colour that painter produced. Not what I expected at all. Bugger it.

Put them on, and am left with a bunch of assorted nuts and bolts that don't seem to have a home. Reminds me of working on all my motorbikes - I wonder just what did keep them together sometimes.

(On second thoughts - the amounts of fairings that wobbled and blew off at 240kmh explains it all...)

Anyhow ---

Pulled the front guard off to put in the ELECTRIC AERIAL from the Fairmont... Got it in okay - but there's no damn wires for it. The Futura was just a manual one (that was stuck - had to hit it with a hammer, bend it and snap it to remove the left hand guard!) and thus I am guessing I need to swap parts of the dash and find some wires to get power to the bloody thing.

Whatever - Am off to find the FORDMODS TECHNICAL DOCUMENT about swapping over the Futura Clock for the Fairmonts (trip computer model) so hopefully there's something about the electric aerial too!

*** STILL SQWEEKING OUT THE REAR WHEELS *** Goddamit!

Attachments:
File comment: The painted bonnet and grill on the car for the first time (outside David Beckham vs Phoenix game, Wellington, 1st December 2007)
fords_too_3_e.jpg
fords_too_3_e.jpg [ 204.6 KiB | Viewed 186 times ]

Last edited by fiend on Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 7:27 pm 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

BUGGER--- http://www.fordmods.com/forums/documents.php?doc=26

I need to change the bloody computers over?! BEMS?! Oh my gawd, that seems like a mission! (Will it reduce the odometre reading on the new one to the 200,010 of the old one?!)

Damnit - Am going to have to start a new thread in an INTERIOR MOD's bit?..........

http://www.fordmods.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=65757

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2