EF FAIRMONT BUMPER LIGHT REPLACEMENT 

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Post subject: EF FAIRMONT BUMPER LIGHT REPLACEMENT
Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 5:25 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: DENTED UP OLD AUT WAGON

New Zealand

I am now dissapointed at the amount of light coming out of the "park" lights on the bumper of the Fairmont front end I put on the Futura. I have a Haynes manual and have trawled around Fordmods for a while trying to find out what I can do about this.

The bulb in it at the moment states - 24V 32CP and appears to be swappable with an indicator light. I'd like to stick in a BRIGHT one - LED, or what have you.

The wiring for these lights is spliced into the PARK LIGHT on the main headlight. What's a fix for this?

Also - The HEADLIGHTS are very dull when on PARK (rather than LOW or HIGH beam)...

Is this a 24volt circuit, or are these 24V bulbs just wrong wrong wrong?

Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 5:53 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: 2.0 Turbo VW

Power: 142 rwkw

VIC, Australia

err wrong x3

All filament bulbs on a Falcon are 12volt.

Carefree, we may not be number one, but we're up there.

Post subject: REVERSING CAMERA
Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 7:03 pm 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

THANKS THANKS THANKS. Guess that if I put a 12v bulb in it would be a bit brighter then!!!! Cheers...

On another note --- I tried putting in a reversing camera today. It worked fine for about three minutes and then the wires smoked and started a small fire in the boot!

I wired it to the cigarette lighter (have removed the lighter completely and made a panel to surround the DVD player and 7.5" screen, so this was a simple matter!)

I then tested it, and it worked fine. I then ran the cables through the cabin and up into roof near rear light and reconnected camera. Still worked fine. As I was stuffing left over cable into the pilar it all smoked and caught fire.

I think possibly that the wire caught a sharp edge somewhere and earthed to the car body... At least, that is what I hope!..

The camera is probably now fried, but I cannot tell without the connector cable working!

Should I shoot myself in the head for wiring it to the cigarette lighter, or what?????

And - what else is 12v constantly on (with ignition) in the boot area of a EF / EL wagon? Would like camera to be active all the time, not just in reverse (as would be achieved by wiring to reversing light)......

Post subject: Am starting this on a new topic, should keep MACCA happy.
Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 7:08 pm 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

Am starting this on a new topic, should keep MACCA happy.

Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:13 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 1993 EB XR8

QLD, Australia

Mate, they are cornering lights, not park lights, they are designed to light up the corner just infront of the vehicle rather than light up the entire rpad

ILL60 - EF XR8, Sunroof, Ticky Kit, 19x8.5/19x11 TE37's, 347, AFr185's, TFS BoxRcustom converter, Hurst Quarterstick, huge billet cam.

OO0Y4 - BA2 XR6 Turbo, Nizpro Plenum, Process West stage 3 cooler, 4” dump, 3.5” exhaust, ID1000’s, ZF Auto - 11.8@116

Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:32 pm 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

Well, even if they are "cornering lights" they are so damn dim that you can hardly tell they are on when you're looking at the vehicle - Never mind trying to spot a corner whilst actually driving!

Thanks for the input tho, although I think the fact they're saying 24V on the bulb might be telling me something....

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]