Fordmods Logo

EF w/ Twin Exhausts (On Both Sides) 

Page 1 of 3 [ 35 posts ] Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post subject: EF w/ Twin Exhausts (On Both Sides)
Posted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 4:28 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: 2002 Mustang Cobra

VIC, Australia

I've read about a few people here having an exhaust outlet on either side of their Falcon by dumping the exhaust at the diff, and putting fake tips.

Did anyone have the left side of their rear bumper cut? (same as right side where the normal exhaust tip would go) Where are the fake tips attached to keep them in place?

Could someone please post a pic of their setup or indicate where they bolted the tips to? (particularly the left one)

I'm planning on having twin tips on both sides (been through some photoshops and I think it looks tough as). What do u guys think of having tips uneven length (ala TS50, VYSS) where the outer-most tips are about 3-5cm shorter than the inner-most tips?

Red 2002 Mustang Cobra

Posted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 4:47 pm 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 3 images

NSW, Australia

Fake tips=tosser

If you going to have dual tips install dual exhaust...

Hope you are talking V8, not 6, as 6 with dual exhaust=tosser again...

Well thats my opinon anyway :!:

Posted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 5:03 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Soarer 2.5GT-T

VIC, Australia

fake tips aren't cool, and the fuel tank is in the way of where you would put the second set of piping.

Posted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 5:37 pm 
Tyre Shredder

VIC, Australia

Well it is my car and I like the look so I couldn't care less what people think. I want to know how people, that have done it, did it.

Red 2002 Mustang Cobra

Posted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 5:50 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

yer i agree he is just asking and its his personal preference. Im going to be putting a dual exhaust system on my xd ute soon. It sure looks good and no-one will know its fake. Go for it if its wat u like. Im not sure how to do it but ill be learnin in da next couple of weeks...

Fact: Chuck Norris is so fast he can run around the world and hit himself in the back of the head

ED Falcon
XF Falcon
Toyota Hilux

Posted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 6:00 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: Trik'd up EFII XR6

WA, Australia

yeh personally i'd want the full on exhaust system done both sides..obviously more costly but would sound tuffer as well as looking the part.....fake tips in the end unless u look under the car or stand dead behind the car l;istening for the exhaust note exiting both sides of the car you wont know that their fake.

I wanted to look into this but never found the time to investigate a custom fuel tank that would allow the exhaust to run down the LHS.

For Sale: 25 Farad Rockford Fosgate Competition Series Carbon Cap, more to come - pm me if interested

Posted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 6:03 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF Falcon 95

VIC, Australia

xb-coupe-351 wrote:
Well thats my opinon anyway

if I recall correctly, which I should as I read the first post no more than a minute ago, mr_rx7_ didnt ask for your opinion, he asked for advice.

So if your not going to contribute, or give out constructive critisism, keep it to yourself

Anyhow, on an E series six, you cant have a true dual exhaust setup unless you dump at the diff, as YTMONT said the fuel tank is in the way.

A mate of mine had dual tips on his old EF I6, and yes, looked mint.
What he did was take a normal redback exhaust, and at the end of the system just after the rear reso, split the exhaust off and ran a 2.5" pipe behind the bumper to the other side of the car and added the second set of tips.

The exhaust distribution was around 75% > 30% (normal side released 75% of the fumes, new tips got 30%)

If you do it, be sure to take some photos!

Cougar Zero makes my pants fit nice.

Posted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 6:23 pm 
Tyre Shredder

VIC, Australia

Thanks for that guys...xb-coupe-351 and YTMONT I didn't mean to be rude with my reply.

mrnasty I have looked into splitting the pipe but I have a towbar so I'm not sure if that will block it off. I'm not sure if he would remember but did your mates car sound any different when he got the twin setup done? (as opposed to the normal setup)

I'll ask at an exhaust shop in a few days and see what they can come up with...does anyone remember the Tickford Predator car? IIRC it was a gold I6 with dual-exhausts. Wonder how they did that (presuming the fueltank wasn't modified).

Red 2002 Mustang Cobra

Posted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 6:26 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

mr_rx7_ wrote:
mrnasty I have looked into splitting the pipe but I have a towbar so I'm not sure if that will block it off. I'm not sure if he would remember but did your mates car sound any different when he got the twin setup done? (as opposed to the normal setup)

Couldnt tell you sorry mate, the ehxuast setup was on the car when he bought it, although to this day I havnt heard an E series (or AU for that matter) I6 sound like it.

Posted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 6:33 pm 
Tyre Shredder

VIC, Australia

U just made up my mind for me lol...I want to get it done as soon as I can. I'm gonna have to check out the towbar though...might need to bend the pipe over it (behind the bar)

I don't have a rear reso/muffler so Ill get the pipe split into a Y shape...as opposed to just *splicing* into it like a T...hopefully get more flow through the left pipe.

Red 2002 Mustang Cobra

Posted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 6:53 pm 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: Falcon FGX XR8

NSW, Australia

ive thought about doing this as well, as it would suit the rear end of an EF/EL really well, however the added tip would need to be real not fake.
i suppose the only way it could be done is you could run a pipe behind the bumper, but being so close to the fuel tank, the heat from the exhaust may damage the fuel tank or heat up the fuel which isnt good. so perhaps you would have to think about installing some sort of heat shield.

You mentioned the EL Predator, that car runs on LPG which means there was no need of a fuel tank.

EL Falcon XR6, 2.5in exhaust, extractors, ported throttle body, sequential intake, CMS stage 2 head. Tickford cam!!!!!
"158 RWKW"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErQSNeJmXsk (video of my XR6 on the Dyno)

Posted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 7:05 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Just wrap the pipe up in heat wrap, like the turbo I6 guys do to pass engineering (those who actually engineer their setups)

Also the Y pipe might not work as the spare wheel well is in the way, not sure though, to dark to check.

Posted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 7:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: No Fords current

TAS, Australia

YTMONT wrote:
fake tips aren't cool, and the fuel tank is in the way of where you would put the second set of piping.

get knicked! My exhaust is illegal, it ends before the last opening of the vehicle, before the diff. Now to keep the cops off my back I have a fake tip in the rear bar, second reason for this is otherwise it looks stupid having a cut out in the rear bar for the exhaust and nothing there (it also looks obvious then that there's soemthing wrong with the exhaust)!!!
I'll take some picture soon.

Posted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 7:27 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: No Fords current

TAS, Australia

mrnasty wrote:
The exhaust distribution was around 75% > 30% (normal side released 75% of the fumes, new tips got 30%)

Nice that his engine is making 105% fumes! :wink:

Posted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 7:42 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

twr7cx wrote:
mrnasty wrote:

Nice that his engine is making 105% fumes! :wink:

:oops:

well e series sixes probably blow a good 5% of the petrol tanks contents straight out the tailpipe on top of normal fumes when the foot is planted..... :)

Last edited by mrnasty on Sun Aug 06, 2006 7:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 3  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next