EFI to EFII changes 

Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: EFI to EFII changes
Posted: Wed May 18, 2005 2:58 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: EF & VTR1000

NSW, Australia

What cosmetic changes were made to the EF from sI and sII?? exterior and interior..

Ive heard different style hubcaps, and the sII featured a mirror on the passanger side sun visor.. im pretty sure mines a sII? :s

Posted: Wed May 18, 2005 3:15 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

ive got a s1 and its got the mirror in the passenger visor??

Post subject: Re: EFI to EFII changes
Posted: Wed May 18, 2005 3:20 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: No Fords current

TAS, Australia

XCH45R wrote:
Ive heard different style hubcaps, and the sII featured a mirror on the passanger side sun visor.. im pretty sure mines a sII? :s

I think the pasenger side mirror on sun visor is more a GLi vs. Futura vs. Fairmont thing. As Mom's Fairmont's got one and it's an EBII, so I don't think it was some new update for EFII's!

Posted: Wed May 18, 2005 3:21 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: '95 EF's

WA, Australia

there is a difference in the build plate numbers - lol but i can't recall what it is off the top of my head! :?

R.I.P. Scotty

Posted: Wed May 18, 2005 5:10 pm 
Technical Contributor

Ride: Ford Ef Futura

WA, Australia

There isnt much differnece. Fraser has a Series 2 and Im sure mines a series I but there isnt much differnece. Probably little stuff like tuning the BEM, electornics stuff like that.

Posted: Wed May 18, 2005 7:41 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: EFII Ghia 5Ltr

VIC, Australia

Apparently the easiest way to tell the two series apart is the boot release. The series II was changed so that you couldn't open the boot unless the ignition was on (security). So if you can get into your car and hit the boot release without your key in the ignition, you have a series I...

Have YOU driven a monster truck lately??

Posted: Wed May 18, 2005 7:46 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA XR6T

have a look here, should tell u all u want to know...

http://www.geocities.com/falconfacts/fa ... alcon.html

300+rwkw HeadsexTuned XR6 Turbo Ute *NOW SOLD :(*
MK Triton with 31" muddies, 2" lift and 3" turbo back exhaust etc...

Posted: Wed May 18, 2005 8:11 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: EF Fairmont Wagon, ph34r!

WA, Australia

ef302 wrote:
Apparently the easiest way to tell the two series apart is the boot release. The series II was changed so that you couldn't open the boot unless the ignition was on (security). So if you can get into your car and hit the boot release without your key in the ignition, you have a series I...

I wouldn't say that was the easiest - after all, it's dependant on the car having a boot and not all of 'em do ;)

Another not-so-reliable way of telling them apart is in the markings on the cruise control buttons: Series 1s have the buttons labelled "Set/Accel" and "Decel" whereas Series 2 and up simply label them "Set +" and "Set -" (they even sent out an addendum to the manual, lol. It was a huge sticker that you simply placed over the offending pages. My folks GLi has it even though I'm fairly certain it's an S1 and it doesn't have cruise). Of course, that requires the car to have cruise and again, not all of them do.

They did change the pattern of the GLi wheel covers (for the worse IMO, the "bladed" pattern on the S1 GLis was badass) but given the s**t design of the covers, most have lost them all by now making it possibly the least reliable method of the lot.

Team Argon Silver

Posted: Wed May 18, 2005 8:36 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

LSD wrote:
ef302 wrote:

I wouldn't say that was the easiest - after all, it's dependant on the car having a boot and not all of 'em do ;)

I'm still looking for the boot release on my EF! :wink:

Posted: Wed May 18, 2005 10:40 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: EF Futura

VIC, Australia

i was told the easiest way to tell the difference was to look at the ash tray... in the series I the ash tray cover also covers the lighter and is rounded.. however ford had so many problems it was then changed in the series II to a boxier looking ash tray with the lighter visible...

Posted: Wed May 18, 2005 11:13 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 33 images

Ride: EL Fairmont Ghia

TAS, Australia

LSD wrote:
ef302 wrote:

Another not-so-reliable way of telling them apart is in the markings on the cruise control buttons: Series 1s have the buttons labelled "Set/Accel" and "Decel" whereas Series 2 and up simply label them "Set +" and "Set -" (they even sent out an addendum to the manual, lol. It was a huge sticker that you simply placed over the offending pages. My folks GLi has it even though I'm fairly certain it's an S1 and it doesn't have cruise). Of course, that requires the car to have cruise and again, not all of them do.

They did change the pattern of the GLi wheel covers (for the worse IMO, the "bladed" pattern on the S1 GLis was badass) but given the s**t design of the covers, most have lost them all by now making it possibly the least reliable method of the lot.

sorry mate mines a series 1 and it has the plus and minus buttons

Posted: Wed May 18, 2005 11:43 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

xcrushxkillxdestroyx wrote:
i was told the easiest way to tell the difference was to look at the ash tray... in the series I the ash tray cover also covers the lighter and is rounded.. however ford had so many problems it was then changed in the series II to a boxier looking ash tray with the lighter visible...

My cars one of the first EF's to be released, and it's got the small ash tray that you claim Series 2 have!

Posted: Wed May 18, 2005 11:47 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: '95 EF's

WA, Australia

twr7cx wrote:

My cars one of the first EF's to be released, and it's got the small ash tray that you claim Series 2 have!

yours is an ex-taxi though - i know for a fatc that over here the taxi drivers were all swapping their ashtray surrounds over for the II ones!

also, there is a difference in the auto trans suround - i can't remember which is which (greg will correct me!) but one has white P R N D, the other has blue & red P R N D! :)

R.I.P. Scotty

Posted: Thu May 19, 2005 12:46 pm 
Technical Contributor

Ride: Ford Ef Futura

WA, Australia

uglybob wrote:
twr7cx wrote:

yours is an ex-taxi though - i know for a fatc that over here the taxi drivers were all swapping their ashtray surrounds over for the II ones!

also, there is a difference in the auto trans suround - i can't remember which is which (greg will correct me!) but one has white P R N D, the other has blue & red P R N D! :)

Mine has blue and red but my mates EL GLi is white...maybe thats a Futura/Fairmont thing.

Posted: Thu May 19, 2005 1:48 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: BA MkII XR6 Ute

VIC, Australia

Pretty sure it was the earlier ones with the coloured selector surround. as EL are all white and you can imagine changing then changing back

We'll keep our cow s**t in the country, you keep your bull s**t in the city.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 2  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next