Fordmods Logo

EL Fairmoint Twin Headlights 

 

Page 2 of 2 [ 29 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

 
Posted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 11:09 am 
Stock as a Rock
Offline
User avatar

Age: 40

Posts: 119

Joined: 15th Nov 2004

Location: Bundaberg
QLD, Australia

au man wrote:
Just do the XR conversation, or just put dome driving lights in.


I have driving lights for high beam but it is the low beam that sucks high is great
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 11:23 am 
Stock as a Rock
Offline
User avatar

Age: 40

Posts: 119

Joined: 15th Nov 2004

Location: Bundaberg
QLD, Australia

Mash85 wrote:
i dont like, i think the indicators stick out like dogs balls, maybe if they were tinted or something.

looks better the the gli/futura twin lights though.



Have you noticed that the XR indicators stand out like dogs balls as well.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 4:25 pm 
Fordmods Addict
Offline

Age: 32

Posts: 2245

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Ride: BA XR6T

Location: Bayswater
VIC, Australia

Monty wrote:
Mash85 wrote:
i dont like, i think the indicators stick out like dogs balls, maybe if they were tinted or something.

looks better the the gli/futura twin lights though.



Have you noticed that the XR indicators stand out like dogs balls as well.


yes, but imo it looks a million times better than these

 

_________________

Image

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 5:24 pm 
Stock as a Rock
Offline
User avatar

Age: 40

Posts: 119

Joined: 15th Nov 2004

Location: Bundaberg
QLD, Australia

Mash85 wrote:
Monty wrote:
Mash85 wrote:
i dont like, i think the indicators stick out like dogs balls, maybe if they were tinted or something.

looks better the the gli/futura twin lights though.



Have you noticed that the XR indicators stand out like dogs balls as well.


yes, but imo it looks a million times better than these


Bull crap they just look the same except it has the grill not like the XR
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 8:46 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 32

Posts: 4146

Joined: 7th Dec 2004

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: E39 523i / EF Fairmont

Location: Brisbane
QLD, Australia

Looks good on the EL, EXCEPT for the EL Monty Grill. EF Montry grill would look heaps better.

 

_________________

E39 523i
EF Fairmont

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 1:55 am 
Fordmods Addict
Offline

Age: 32

Posts: 2245

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Ride: BA XR6T

Location: Bayswater
VIC, Australia

Monty wrote:
Mash85 wrote:
Monty wrote:
Mash85 wrote:
i dont like, i think the indicators stick out like dogs balls, maybe if they were tinted or something.

looks better the the gli/futura twin lights though.



Have you noticed that the XR indicators stand out like dogs balls as well.


yes, but imo it looks a million times better than these


Bull crap they just look the same except it has the grill not like the XR


exactly, the grille sticks out too much. xr's are all one colour and dont ahve a big bit of chrome sticking out in the middle.

 

_________________

Image

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 9:22 am 
Fordmods Junkie
Offline
User avatar

Age: 36

Posts: 5563

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Gallery: 14 images

Ride: NF Fairlane [BLUBEL]

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

I'm getting them very soon, and think they would look great with the EF Fairy grille. It shouldn't be too much of an overkill.

I'm mainly getting them because the curiosity is bloody killing me!! :P

Here are some more pics of the EL Fairy with the twinlights. I agree, something needs to be done about the indicators, but I have no idea what.

Image

Image

Image

 

_________________

Image

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 9:28 am 
Fordmods Addict
Offline

Age: 32

Posts: 2245

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Ride: BA XR6T

Location: Bayswater
VIC, Australia

i reckon try tinting them a bit with night shades or something?

 

_________________

Image

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 9:44 am 
Fordmods Junkie
Offline
User avatar

Age: 36

Posts: 5563

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Gallery: 14 images

Ride: NF Fairlane [BLUBEL]

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

Yeah, I tend to agree.

Only problem is knowing how many coats to do.

I think I'm going to try replicating the grey area in the genuine XR indicator, and maybe spray that with nightshades.

Will wait and see how it all looks once together.

 

_________________

Image

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 2:40 pm 
Stock as a Rock
Offline
User avatar

Age: 40

Posts: 119

Joined: 15th Nov 2004

Location: Bundaberg
QLD, Australia

one other easy fix would be to get the light housing chromed to look like orginal then the paint colour would not affect it as much and then possibly put on the porginal covers to make them look like orginal set of lights.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 9:29 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 31

Posts: 533

Joined: 6th Nov 2004

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: BF XR8 UTE

Location: Ballarat
VIC, Australia

i reckon paint the outer edge of the indicators body colour so that they look smaller and then put a light coat of night shade on them
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 10:25 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 54

Posts: 4102

Joined: 18th Nov 2004

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: PX2 Ranger 4x4 XLT Dual CAB

Location: Carrum Downs
VIC, Australia

stixinc wrote:
i reckon paint the outer edge of the indicators body colour so that they look smaller and then put a light coat of night shade on them


I was thinking the same

Something like this, a bit crude I know but you get the general idea.
Not sure how legal it would be.

Image

 

_________________

Image
She's meanness put to music and the b**ch is born to run!
Like the sign says, "speed's just a question of money. How fast can you go?"

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 10:59 am 
Smokin em up
Offline
User avatar

Age: 30

Posts: 247

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Ride: EL Fairmont

Location: Langwarrin
VIC, Australia

Yeah that makes it look alot better IMO
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 3:36 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 29

Posts: 486

Joined: 23rd Sep 2005

Ride: EB S1 3.9L Bush basher

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

Im not a fan, for that price you may as well go an XR front bar

 

_________________

I dont care how fast your car is, mine goes faster through the bush.

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:04 am All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names