EL GT Body Kit 

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Post subject: EL GT Body Kit
Posted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 5:06 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: XR Fairmont

VIC, Australia

Hey guys i need some help...

im from the west side of melbourne and have asked a few wreckers and panel beaters but seems like none of them can get their hands on any parts of an EL GT body kit.

i havent tried Ford as yet coz i know they'll charge an arm and a leg and prob the kitchen sink too...

so just wanna ask if anyone knows where i might be able to find parts of an EL GT bodykit???

Going to a Ford dealer is the last place if i cant find anything any where else...

hopefully someone can help me...

thanx

Posted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 10:13 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF Typhoon

VIC, Australia

Best bet is going to a bodykit shop, you can find some of these online by searching, and getting a EL GT replica kit, you wont find the genuine kit as they are not really sold to anyone unless they can prove they own a EL GT in need of a certain part, and even then its not kept in stock, but made up via a mould.

The replica kits arewnt that bad, they have everything except the gaurd flares (bit that makes whe wheel arches stick out) and the spoiler is something you can pick up eaily these days..

Good luck hunting it down, do some searches on here, Fordforums.com , Fordforums.com.au

BF Typhoon, Dejavu - 6sp Auto, Leather, Sunroof, 19"s, Electric Pedals, Tint, FPV Sports Wheel, FPV Mats.

Posted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 11:57 am 
Fordmods Junkie

Ride: Kia Rio - 1.4L Auto

Power: 238 rwkw

VIC, Australia

As Daniel said, your best bet would be going an aftermarket kit.

I've been chasing an EL XR Kit for the past 4.5 years, and havent come up trumps yet. And there are 50x more EL XR's on the road than GT's.

If a wrecker was able to get hold of one, I'm sure they would be after much $$$ for it. As well as if it is at a wrecker, some parts of it would be damaged, so you'd still end up looking for bits everywhere anyway.

From memory an XR kit new from Ford is somewhere near $1800. I'd hate to see what a GT kit would be worth. But then, sometimes you do get surprised. Alot of the GT spare parts actually cost less than their normal XR equivalent.

Posted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 5:34 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Yeah i was looking through the parts peddler magazine about 3 months ago and saw the replica body kit in there for $1200 but i want the flared guards... im guessing you can get them made... hmmmm

ive found a few normal XR kits before but im after something different

maybe i should just go custom all round...

ill post a pic of what i want my car to look like externally coz i create everything on computer while trying 2 make my decision what 2 do

any1 round melbourne know of any good body kit/fibre glass places???

Posted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 6:31 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Yeah i was looking through the parts peddler magazine about 3 months ago and saw the replica body kit in there for $1200 but i want the flared guards... im guessing you can get them made... hmmmm

ive found a few normal XR kits before but im after something different

maybe i should just go custom all round...

ill post a pic of what i want my car to look like externally coz i create everything on computer while trying 2 make my decision what 2 do

any1 round melbourne know of any good body kit/fibre glass places???

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]