EL paint damage 

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Post subject: EL paint damage
Posted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 10:44 pm 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 2 images

ACT, Australia

hey all

My heritage green EL is in pretty good shape, minor minor scratches withstanding, nothing a good detailer cant take care of. Anywho, went to wash the car today...1st time in a month...too cold to wash the car. And noticed on the roof there is a spot where some bat droppings? had done some nasty work. It appears that the acid has basically cut through the paint...n i can see the bits of grayish metal of the roof . Its not a very big spot, but it is visible. Now my questions are what can be done to repair this damage? n secondly and maybe more importantly what are the chances this might spread...ala rust?

For the moment i have knocked back the possibility of a full respray...that'll happen in december along with the engine rebuild n blower.

any help would be much appreciated, because to be frank i have no clue what to do....

Russell

A$1 = Tk 60 = I cant believe how much money im saving!

Posted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 11:54 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Got a picture of it?

If not and you have gone down to bare metal and it's only a tiny bit then you can just use the touch up paint that Ford sell for your paint code.
However if it's a larger patch down to bare metal then you'll have to get someone to mix you some Heritage Green base paint and apply it. After it has dried then get some clear acrylic in a pressure pack and apply a thin layer over the patch. Let it dry over a week or so then reapply thin layers in the same fashion to build up the acrylic. Once that has been done you can get some very fine sandpaper ( maybe 1200 grit? ) and sand it down to match the level of the surrounding acrylic. Then you can maybe use some cutting compound to try and take out the scratches afterwards.

5.6L of carbon footprint.

Posted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 12:01 am 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 2 images

ACT, Australia

hey vic...no dont have a pic atm, but will put some up 2morrow in the morning. if i wasnt such a lazt fcuk...then this could have been avoided.

thanx a lot for the advice...much appreciated.

A$1 = Tk 60 = I cant believe how much money im saving!

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]