Fordmods Logo

EL project questionz 

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Post subject: EL project questionz
Posted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 4:51 pm 
Oompa Loompa

SA, Australia

i know i made pretty much same thing another thread but i didnt really get my answers...and ive got more questions :)

(1)ive decided on a twin exhaust tip/muffler... i know what i am looking for but i cant seem to find it...it needs to have 2.5" on the instake and i wouldnt mind to 3" pipes on the out...

i dont know what its called but the big retangle box thing that usually is behind the pipes kind of annoys me...if i was to fit it to my car i want people to NOT to be able to see this...u get what im picturing?

nay1 know where i could find an endless supplyof mufflers/tips??? or do i have 2 shop around and hope i get lucky?

(2) On my EL their is 2 UGLY side strips of plastic that go all the way down the car>>>in line with the side indicaters...its says sumthing like 4.0 EHC or something on it...is their a way 2 remove this piece??? is it recommended??? what do i need 2 do it??

(3) RIMS...im looking to invest in some rims to go with my smick white paint!!...now i was either looking at something like

http://wheels.my105.com/index.asp?produ ... entid=6865

with those type of rims i wouldnt go over 18"

if not the "stock but classy look" i wouldnt mind going all out and getting some chromies

http://wheels.my105.com/index.asp?produ ... entid=6865

pros and cons of them??? i want a car that catches peoples eyes but at the same time can hold its own on the performance side of things...ive had chromies on one of my older cars and i found alot of brake dust accumulating on them and showing up alot more because of their natural shine

(4)first thing im going to be doing>>>within the next month is getting my car lowered...what is the legal height...in SA???

i was thinking of getting it lowered to as low as the f**k can go!!!
what type of things does the height of the ride affect?

i would also like to get a body kit for the car in the future but in doing so in conjunction with the lowering would make it too low in all situations

would u recommend getting the body kit 1st and then lowering it ( if that) or is it easy to lower it and then "higher" it when i can afford the body kit?

1 more thing :)...how much can i get a lowering from??

thanks for ur help guys>>>much appreciated...in advance :)

Posted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 4:58 pm 
Getting Side Ways

hav u got n e muneey?

Posted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 6:53 pm 
Oompa Loompa

SA, Australia

money for the lowering and rims is not a problem atm... i have a ruff idea off lowering cost and i can pay the rims off pw without interests...so money is not really a concern :)

Posted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 7:08 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: EF11 Ghia EB11 Ghia Courier ute

QLD, Australia

comment on the black rubber thing down the side of your car. i have seen a few cars with these removed and they look much better with them on. if you trying to hide them, then i suggest more schmick paint. do a browse of the member galleries to judge for yourself.

if your are going to dump your Falcon and run big wheels, make sure you know a good wheel alignment guy who knows Fords and not just the factory settings

good luck, photos when you get a chance

Posted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 9:30 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 29 images

Ride: ef

SA, Australia

also if you get it lowered, make sure you get a camber kit at the same time. i dont know where you live but bridgestone at noarlunga are pretty good. brett and rob can help you out. as for purchasing- try tempe tyres www.tempetyres.com.au for good prices. ive got 2 sets from them and my last set (19's front 20's back) cost $2200 delivered! check out pics in gallery. 2 days to your door.
lots of guys go king springs superlows. i wouldnt try ultra lows if you dont want cop attention. as for being legal, unless you have an xr you technically probably shouldnt go bigger than 17's, but they are pretty much considered small these days....

good luck

there are three types of people in this world:
those that can count and those that can't

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]