Fordmods Logo

F@RKING after market headlight globes!!! 

Page 2 of 2 [ 22 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post subject: Re: F@RKING after market headlight globes!!!
Posted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:39 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EA SVO, AU2, Toyota Crown

VIC, Australia

i had the Arctic blues. they lasted about 12 months. when i put the twinlight front on mine i put in ultra blues (5000k). been in there since. there is something wrong with your car

Daily driver: 2010 Toyota Crown hybrid 3.5L V6 hybrid. 254kw.
Weekend car: AU2 "XR8" 220kw 5L 5 speed. 19" BBS LM . Full exhaust. Lowered on Kings and Koni's. 13.8@97mph
Fast car: EA SVO AU motor. Built BTR. SDE 3500 stall. 76mm turbo. On E85. approx 425rwkw. 10.8@126mph

Posted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: BA XR6

NSW, Australia

got my crystal visions today, 37 bucks from ebay for brand new legit globes, vs 100 bucks at auto barn. their soo nice and white :D.
oh also fitted blue parkers :twisted:

BA XR6
Performance mods: typhoon + territory pipe with K&N filter, full exhaust, BPR generic tune, lowered, xr6t front brakes, territory rear brakes
Visual mods: 19" rim, lower grill mesh, oil pressure and vacuum gauges, engine bay lighting, foot well lights
some of my main mods

Posted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:56 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: EF Fairmont

NSW, Australia

Blue globes in your parkers are illegal mate. Cops will nab you double quick. You are not allowed to display Blue lights on the car. On the front; parkers - white, indicators - amber, on the rear Parking lights - red, brake - red, indicators - amber and reverse white. Change them for your own good mate, not worth the attention.

Posted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:01 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

their shinning in the headlight area, with the headlights on you can only see like flecks of blue in the globe, and trust me ill get sick of them and change em before the cops pull me over :lol: thats why i brought two sets from ebay, one blue one white :D

BA XR6
Performance mods: typhoon + territory pipe with K&N filter, full exhaust, BPR generic tune, lowered, xr6t front brakes, territory rear brakes
Visual mods: 19" rim, lower grill mesh, oil pressure and vacuum gauges, engine bay lighting, foot well lights
some of my main mods

Posted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:40 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

so you just put new globes in? didn't fix the underlying problem with your car?

Weekend car: AU2 "XR8" 220kw 5L 5 speed. 19" BBS LM . Full exhaust. Lowered on Kings and Koni's. 13.8@97mph
Fast car: EA SVO AU motor. Built BTR. SDE 3500 stall. 76mm turbo. On E85. approx 425rwkw. 10.8@126mph

Posted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:26 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

underlying problem is the car is lowered and some of the roads i travel on are bumpy, ive got a funny feeling that the light globe blew when i was traveling on a dirt road with hundreds of pot holes, it was raining and daylight, but i had the headlights on because previously it was pissing down so much i needed to have them on so other cars could see me, im guessing the fact that the globe was running and the bumps caused the filament to melt, and yes melt, i had another look at the globe under some light, part of the filament melted into a little ball lol.
one thing ive noticed about the Phillips is the actual globe size is thinner!!, its about half the thickness of the standard globes (which are Phillips) and the navars

BA XR6
some of my main mods

Posted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:26 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

doubt that caused it. my car is lowered. never done that. if it's melted into a ball it means it's gotta waaaayyy to hot

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2