Fordmods Logo

fg brembo compliant rims 

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Post subject: fg brembo compliant rims
Posted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:28 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: g6e 2009

WA, Australia

looking at brembos for my fg, but have heard about some rims not clearing them. i emailed a heap of tyre shops to see if my xhp shoreline 19s would clear, with very little response. one said yes and one said no. even xhp themselves havent responded to me. as such im wondering if there is any measurements i can take to check if my wheel will fit or not? (ive thought about finding an fg gt to try my wheels on but i dont know anyone with an fpv) i have had a quick check around for rims that will fit and i have found some secondhand ba gtp 5 spokes, and a set of ba f6 rims (not the twisties but the other ones). problem is the f6 rims are expensive and the gtp rims have scratches and rash meaning an overhaul for yet more $. does anyone know of specific aftermarket wheel brands i should be looking for or specific designs? or is there a good place to buy rims from people that know what will and wont fit?

Post subject: Re: fg brembo compliant rims
Posted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 1993 EB XR8

QLD, Australia

Vaarstoen's clear if you are interested in something like that. GMAX offer Brembo compliant wheels too IIRC.

ILL60 - EF XR8, Sunroof, Ticky Kit, 19x8.5/19x11 TE37's, 347, AFr185's, TFS BoxRcustom converter, Hurst Quarterstick, huge billet cam.

OO0Y4 - BA2 XR6 Turbo, Nizpro Plenum, Process West stage 3 cooler, 4” dump, 3.5” exhaust, ID1000’s, ZF Auto - 11.8@116

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]